This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
The What's New Blog (formerly known as The Club Penguin Blog, Community Blog and Developer Blog), was a blog that could be read from the Club Penguin Community section of the Club Penguin Website. The blog is updated regularly, and tells about upcoming features and events in Club Penguin. It also allowed players to comment on blog entries but the Club Penguin Team had to check it first which means it was moderated.
Happy77 announced that a new updated version of the blog was to be released at the beginning of September. However, it was later announced that the new version was going to be late due to bugs. The blog was redesigned on October 11, 2012, and again on August 13, 2015.
The following people are all people who have written on the blog at least once:
The following people had previously written on the Club Penguin Blog:
|Polo Field||English||(helped Happy77; took over in October 2012, but now retired)|
|Businesmoose||English||(helped Happy77; took over in October 2012, but now retired)|
|Rsnail||English||(during Beta Testing)|
|Billybob||English||(main blogger from 2005-2011; posted occasionally in 2012, but now retired)|
|Happy77||English||(posted occasionally from 2008-2011; main in 2012, but now retired)|
You Decide votes
- Main article: You Decide!
Since 2009, votes were occasionally held on the blog, under the name You Decide. They were polls with multiple options, generally three. Most polls have been for which concept would become an actual item, but polls for other things have been held too.
Users could comment on each post, by clicking the comment link above each article. These comments must be approved by a moderator, and due to the sheer number of comments, many were not accepted.
On October 11, 2012, the ability of replying to comments was released.
Since August 24, 2015, players had to log onto their account to comment on the blog. When a player posted a comment, it showed the account's age in days, and a headshot of the player's penguin.
- In a lot of blog pictures, the moderators who took the screenshot went to the bottom of the screen or got into the crowd so no one would see their username.
- A new version of the blog was released on October 11, 2012.
- In September 2009, all blog posts from August 2005 to July 2009 were deleted from the blog. Although, they can still be accessed from Web archive.
- A new version of the blog was supposed to be released on June 17, 2015, but was delayed due to bugs.
- It was later said to be released on July 23, 2015, but got delayed to August 12th, 2015, nearly two entire months since the first release date.
Names in other languages
|French||Quoi de neuf|
|Spanish||¿Qué hay de nuevo?|
- The What's New Blog (not available)
Sources and References
- ↑ The archive posts page listed all blog posts since February 2011.
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/blog/2015/06/our-whats-new-blog-getting-makeover