The What's New Blog (formerly known as The Club Penguin Blog, Community Blog and Developer Blog), is a blog that can be read from the Club Penguin Community section of the Club Penguin Website. The blog is updated regularly, and tells about upcoming features and events in Club Penguin. It also allows players to comment on blog entries but the Club Penguin Team has to check it first which means it is moderated.
The Moderators that post on the English What's New Blog actively are Spike Hike, Chattabox, Daffodaily5 and Megg. There is also an Archive page, that allows viewers to see blog archives, however the oldest archives were removed after an update.
Happy77 announced that a new updated version of the blog was to be released at the beginning of September. However, it was later announced that the new version was going to be late due to bugs. The blog was redesigned on October 11, 2012, and again on August 13, 2015.
The following people are all people who have written on the blog at least once:
The following people had previously written on the Club Penguin Blog:
|Polo Field||English||(helped Happy77; took over in October 2012, but now retired)|
|Businesmoose||English||(helped Happy77; took over in October 2012, but now retired)|
|Rsnail||English||(during Beta Testing)|
|Billybob||English||(main blogger from 2005-2011; posted occasionally in 2012, but now retired)|
|Happy77||English||(posted occasionally from 2008-2011; main in 2012, but now retired)|
You Decide votes
- Main article: You Decide!
Since 2009, votes are occasionally held on the blog, under the name You Decide. They are polls with multiple options, generally three. Most polls have been for which concept will become an actual item, but polls for other things have been held too.
Users can comment on each post, by clicking the comment link above each article. These comments must be approved by a moderator, and due to the sheer number of comments, many are not accepted.
On October 11, 2012, the ability of replying to comments was released.
Since August 24, 2015, players have to log onto their account to comment on the blog. When a player posts a comment, it shows the account's age in days, and a headshot of the player's penguin.
- In a lot of blog pictures, the moderators who took the screenshot go to the bottom of the screen or get into the crowd so no one can see their username.
- A new version of the blog was released on October 11, 2012.
- In September 2009, all blog posts from August 2005 to July 2009 were deleted from the blog. Although, they can still be accessed from Web archive.
- A new version of the blog was supposed to be released on June 17, 2015, but was delayed due to bugs.
- It was later said to be released on July 23, 2015, but got delayed to August 12th, 2015, nearly two entire months since the first release date.
Names in other languages
|French||Quoi de neuf|
|Spanish||¿Qué hay de nuevo?|
Sources and References
- ↑ The archive posts page lists all blog posts since February 2011.
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/blog/2015/06/our-whats-new-blog-getting-makeover