It's been a long time since i posted a video on the Wiki's youtube channel. Infact, i was suppose to post this yesterday, but it was too long and Youtube rejected my vid, so today i made a much shorter video, only 5 minutes long. It's about Creating CP Color icons.
I added most of the instructions to the video describtion, in order to make the video shorter, but i will also post them.
I used Inkscape 0.48- it's free to download- and the best part is you can export bitmaps in any size you want, without using quality (It's an SVG image).
- Create the following shapes:
- Circle: 40X40 pixels
- Circle: 32X32 pixels
- Circle: 4X4 pixels
- Eliptical shape: 34px width and 11 pixels height
- A polygon, as shown on the beggining of the video- it will be used for the eyes.
- Open the alignment tool using "Ctrl+Shift+A". Align the small (32px) and the large (40px) circles, and make sure the small is above the large circle.
- You can move shapes above/ below using the "Page Up" and the "Page Down" buttons.
- Move the small circle 3 pixels above.
- Mark teh circles and duplicate them- the duplication will be used later.
- Now, mark the small and the large circles (not the duplication). Go to the "Path" menu and select "difference". Now, there will be a hole in the large circle, where the small circle was. Remember to pick opacity of 40% to the new shape!!!
- Align the shape you got with the large circle of the duplication, using either the alignment tools or "Snap to cusp nods" tool (you can get rid of the small circle of the duplication).
- Align the center of the 34X11 px circle to the buttom corner of our icon. Set opacity of 40%, and move it up a little bit.
- Now, go to the polygon. Add curves, but it will be MUCH more accurate if you douwnload an image of an icon, like the images on this wiki, copy the eyes, export (or cpy) them to the inkscape file, and use the "Path -> Traco bitmap" tool- which will convert it to vectiors (but remember to selecr 2 colors, 2 paths, remove background and colors).
- Or, download this file, and use it- it will save you a lot of time!
- Center it to the icon, and move it up.
- To make the pupils, select the 4X4 circle. I simpy used it, but it would be much better if you select the "Edit Path tool (F2), and select "Convert selected object to path" (Shift+Ctrl+C). Then select the right corner, and stretch it to the right a bit. Then select the sape, rotate iroeleft once while holding Ctrl. Duplicate it, and then flip it horizontally, and move to the left the duplication. Align them horizontally, and move to the white part of the eyes.
So, this is how you create CP Color Icons! Thanks for reading and watching, and please subscribt to the channel for more updates.
P.S. sorry for this long blog :P