| Featured Article
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
|Opened|| March 31, 2005 |
(Penguin Chat 3)
August 22, 2005
(Beta Testing only)
October 24, 2005
|Renovated||December 6, 2012|
The Town Center (most commonly known as Town) is the main gathering area in Club Penguin, where many penguins chat, and advertise parties at their igloos. The town is usually the point of many penguins as it is the first area that penguins join, unless there are one hundred penguins already in the Town, in which case they will enter into other places. The town has no games but it is an easy way to access rooms including the Coffee Shop, Night Club, Snow Forts, Dock, and the Gift Shop. It is almost always decorated for parties and events. Commonly, penguins advertise their igloo events here. Along with the Plaza, the Town is the busiest room in Club Penguin. The Town is also the oldest room in Club Penguin. Pins are not hidden in the Town, since it would be easily notable.
As seen in the end of Polo Field's and Businesmoose's documentary video, the Town would be, and has already been, graphically updated. The window in the Coffee Shop is now on the right side, and the Night Club and Gift Shop are now renamed the Dance Club and Clothes Shop, respectively. There is also a cork board that is taken from the cancelled News Room.
- During the Beta Test Party, it had a banner hanging from the Coffee Shop that read "BETA TEST PARTY", and there were two boxes of party hats.
- During the Halloween Party 2005, not much was decorated, except that there were orange lights at the Night Club instead of the white ones, and there were a few cobwebs around.
- During the Christmas Party 2005, their was a small Christmas Tree with ornaments on it. Also the outside of the Night Club was Christmas colored.
- During the Summer Kickoff Party 2006, the Town was decorated, with green lights at the Night Club instead of the white ones, and there were two sievings.
- During the Western Party 2006, the Town was decorated, with a banner hanging on the Coffee Shop that read "Surprise Party", while the Night Club was turned to a Barn.
- During the Sports Day 2006, the Town was decorated, there were small flags that some were red and some were white. Also, there was a banner hanging on the Coffee Shop that red "Red Team" and red and white balloons.
- During the Halloween Party 2006, the Town was decorated, there were orange lights at the Night Club instead of the white ones, and one pumpkin and small ones hanged over the Coffee Shop.
- During the Christmas Party 2006, the Town was decorated, the town was covered with snow. There were two Christmas Trees made of snow, a snowman can seen their between the Night Club and Gift Shop. Also, there were red and green lights instead of white ones at the Night Club.
- During the Winter Fiesta 2007, lights, lanterns, and piñatas were placed among the buildings in town. A palm tree was also placed next to the Coffee shop.
- During the Festival of Snow the Night Club was turned into an ice palace. Cut-out snowflakes were placed all over town. A banner which read "Festival of Snow" was placed on the Coffee Shop.
- During the St. Patrick's Day Party 2007, the buildings in the town became green and a big four leaf clover was carved in the snow.
- During the April Fools' Party 2007, not much was changed. However there were boxes scattered, and banner which read "April Fools!" was placed on the Coffee Shop.
- During the Pirate Party 2007, the buildings were pirate themed such as the Coffee Shop looking like a tavern. There was a banner on the Coffee Shop which read "Ahoy!". There were also treasure chests.
- During The Summer Kickoff Party 2007 the Coffee Shop was turned into a giant coconut with a straw in it. Surfboards were around town, and a smiling sun was carved into the snow.
- During the Water Party 2007, there was a hose which lead into the Night Club, a banner which read "Water Party" with a picture of a water balloon on it, and a water splat was carved into the snow.
- During Camp Penguin 2007, there was a sign that read "Camp Penguin" and a trail was made in the middle of the Town.
- During the Fall Fair 2007, the Town was given a carnival feel with many lights and stylized signs. The Night Club was turned into a Carnival Tent, and the Coffee Shop had a sign which read "Fall Fair" and featured Rockhopper and Yarr.
- During the Halloween Party 2007, the buildings in the Town were given a haunted house look. As well as the rest of the island, the town featured a night sky.
- The Town Center had a Christmas village look during the Christmas Party 2007.
- During the Winter Fiesta 2008, the Dance Club was turned into a golden Mayan pyramid. Lanterns and Pinatas were also around town.
- During the Water Party 2008, the Town was given an underwater feel. The Coffee Shop was turned into a seashell, the Dance Club was turned into a sunken ship, and the Clothes Shop's paint was somewhat rusted.
- During the St. Patrick's Day Party 2008, the buildings became green, and there was a banner on the Coffee Shop, which read "St. Patrick's Parade".
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, the Dance Club was pixelated, the Coffee Shop was drawn in crayon, and the Clothes Shop was white with dark tan lines.
- The design of the Town Center during Rockhopper's Arrival Party, was quite similar to the design of the Pirate Party 2007. The only difference is the red dotted trail in the middle of town.
- During the Medieval Party 2008, the Dance Club turned into a Castle, and it's sign read "Knight Club". The Coffee Shop and Clothes Shop, were both a given a Medieval Look.
- During the Water Party 2008, not much was changed, except for the Dance Club turning blue, and a hose running into the entrance.
- During the Music Jam 2008, balloons, flags, and signs set up around town center. There were also cut-out music notes as well a sign in the shape of a jar that said "Music Jam".
- During the Penguin Games 2008, the Town Center showed full support for Team Red. Red flags and balloons were set up around town.
- During the Fall Fair 2008, the Town Center was given a carnival feel with many lights and stylized signs. The Dance Club was colorful, and the Coffee Shop had a sign which read "Fall Fair" and featured Rockhopper and Yarr.
- During the 3rd Anniversary Party, all of the buildings of the Town Center were decorated. The Coffee Shop was decorated so it looked like the cake in the Coffee Shop. The Clothes Shop was decorated with an ad outside, and it seemed bigger. However, the interior of the Clothes Shop was not decorated, and the town looks like Times Square.
- During the Halloween Party 2008, their were pumpkin heads over the Coffee Shop, also the lights of the Dance Club turned orange and the sky became dark.
- During the Christmas Party 2008, the rooms were covered with snow, and there were two Christmas trees and two others made of snow.
- During the Dance-A-Thon, there was a long red carpet leading to the Night Club.
- During the Winter Fiesta 2009, the Night Club was turned into a golden Mayan pyramid. Lanterns and Pinatas were also around town.
- During Puffle Party 2009. it was decorated as if it was an igloo filled with puffle furniture. The exterior of the Coffee Shop was fuzzy and was green, resembling a Small Scratching Post. A Puffle Party banner was hung there. The interior of the Coffee Shop was not decorated.
- During the St. Patrick's Day Party 2009, the buildings in the town became green and a big four leaf clover was carved in the snow, where the snow colored green. Their was also a banner hung over the Coffee Shop.
- During the April Fools' Party 2009, the rooms in the town were turned to boxes. The Coffee Shop also had a banner that reads "APRIL FOOLS!" and some boxes can be spotted in the Town.
- During the Medieval Party 2009, the Night Club turned into a Castle, and it's sign read "Knight Club". The Coffee Shop and Gift Shop, were both a given a Medieval Look.
- During the Adventure Party 2009,the Night Club, Gift Shop and Coffee Shop were made of wood (Bamboo Shoot). There was a wooden statue of a penguin next to the Coffee Shop and two other wooden statue of puffles next to Night Club. The Town was full of trees.
- During the Music Jam 2009, the Coffee Shop had a banner that reads "LIVE MUSIC". Also, some balloons that are colored blue. red and yellow, along with the pink and yellow lights in the Night Club.
- During the Festival of Flight, the Coffee Shop had a banner that reads "FESTIVAL OF FLIGHT". Also, a Sun was placed next to the banner, along with two clouds, one in the Night Club and the other in the Coffee Shop, along with some balloons next to the Night Club. There are two fans that can be found in the Town during the party.
- During the Fall Fair 2008, the Night Club was colourful, along with the Gift Shop banner, and the Coffee Shop had a sign which read "THE FAIR" and featured Rockhopper and Yarr.
- During the 4th Anniversary Party, the Coffee Shop was turned to a cake from outside, which was colored green, blue and purple. Along with some gifts and balloons around the time, whereas the sky was stormy.
- During the Halloween Party 2009, their were pumpkin heads over the Coffee Shop, also the lights of the Night Club turned orange and the sky became dark. On the Coffee Shop and Night Club there was two signs, that reads "NIGHT OF THE LIVING SLED".
- During the Celebration of Fire, the sky along with the ground turned fully orange.
- During the Holiday Party 2009, it was well decorated, as not a lot of things were the same.
- During the Puffle Party 2010 the three buildings looked different and a "Puffle Party" sign was hung out of the Book Room.
- During the Penguin Play Awards 2010 there was a banner hung from the Book Room to the Clothes Shop with the Penguin Play Awards logo.
- During the April Fools Party 2010 the Coffee Shop and the Gift Shop turned invisible.
- During the Earth Day 2010 the buildings were painted green like during St. Patrick's Day parties but darker and plants were everywhere.
- During the Mountain Expedition, there was a banner on the Coffee Shop, saying: Mountain Expedition and there were ballons everywhere.
- During the Wilderness Expedition a sign was put up.
- During the Puffle Party 2011, it was well-decorated and extremely colorful. It was decorated like a puffle village, where fair flags and signs were being put up.
- During the April Fools' Party 2011, parts of the Coffee shop and Gift shop are invisible.
- During the Earth Day 2011, the theme colour of the town was green.
- During the Music Jam 2011 the town was extremely colorful. A large banner was hang up in the exterior of the Coffee Shop, colorful spotlights are casted from the Night Club, while many balloons with music notes drawn on them and banners and being put up.
- During the Card-Jitsu Party 2011, it was decorated to be a sort of fire village.
- During the Holiday Party 2011, it was quite colorful, and was decorated to look like Santa's Village.
- During the Underwater Expedition, the Town was tilted to the left and had a poster for the Underwater Maze. Oddly it was otherwise undecorated.
- During the Rockhopper's Quest, the Town had a sign added directing penguins to the beach. It was otherwise undecorated.
- During the Puffle Party 2012 The Town was well decorated but not like any other party this year. The Coffee Shop was a wooden place with red wood, and there was a big puffle drinking tube with coffee in it. The Night Club had two doors, had a big silver puffle on it. It also had lights that changed colour.
- During the April Fools' Party 2012 All there was a mat and a few whoopee cushions and in the corner a box archway leading to the Snow Forts, where the box portal was.
- During the Earth Day 2012 All there was was an archway which read 'EARTH DAY' leading to the Snow Forts.
- During the Medieval Party 2012 The buildings were decorated and rebuilt to look like a replica of dark age buildings. There were pictures of Scorn the Dragon King's face. The gift shop was renamed 'Market' the Night Club 'Knight Club' and the Coffee Shop was the 'Ye Olde Coffee'.
- During the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012 the Town was like a city, had a car, some other buildings and sidewalks, along with entrances to the Hero HQ and the Villain Lair.
- During the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, the Town was covered with neon lights.
- During Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit the Town was a combination of previous Island Adventure Parties and Fruit theme.
- During The Fair 2012 the Town was exactly the same as last year, The Fair 2011.
- During the Halloween Party 2012 the Town was the same as last year Halloween Party 2011, only with an announcement board from Gary the Gadget Guy about his search for Gariwald VIII
- During Operation: Blackout the Town Center was much darker there were two Flags that featured half of Herbert P Bears face and a Golden statue of Herbert.A thermometer telling how cold Club Penguin is and an enterance to the Underground Resistance.
- During late Operation: Blackout the Coffee Shop, Night Club and Clothes Shop were covered in snow.
- After Operation: Blackout, the town was given a new look.
- During the Prehistoric Party the only difference was an egg icon.
- During the Hollywood Party the sky behind the Town got darker.
- During the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2013 the town center looked like a very modern city with skyscrapers an many buildings behind the Town center.
- When a penguin was created and first logged in before June 27, 2011, the first place he/she started out at was the Town, unless it was full.
- According to Screenhog on a blog post, pins are never hidden here because it is the busiest room in Club Penguin.
- The Town is one of the rooms that is always (except on one-room parties, like the Fashion Show) decorated during parties.
- According to the information supplied by the pre-written Tour Guide text, when Club Penguin has a party, the Town is very well decorated for it.
- There is a sneak peek to a new room in the book The Awesome Official Guide to Club Penguin which may have connection the the Town, but this room was proven to never come, as the idea was ditched long ago.
- The Town was renovated on December 6, 2012 along with several other rooms because of The Journey.
- It was the first room ever to be decorated in Club Penguin.
- Town for Mountain Expedition'10
- Town for Island Adventure Party'10
- The Town before the Festival of Flight
- The Town for the Medieval Party 2009
- The Town for St. Patricks Party 2009
- The Town for Sensei's Scavenger Hunt September 2009
- The Town for the Halloween Party 2009
- The Town for The Fair 2009
- The Town before the Adventure Party 2009
- The Town for the Adventure Party 2009
- The Town for the Easter Party 2009
- The Town for the 4th Year Party
- The Town for the First Fall Fair
- The Town for the Halloween Party'07
- The Town for the Christmas Party 2007
- The town for the first Medieval Party
- The Town for the Wild West Party
- The Town for the April Fool's Party'08
- The Town for the Submarine Party 2008
- The Town for the Party after Rockhopper's ship rebuild
|Coffee Shop||Night Club||Gift Shop|