- Were you looking for the Club Penguin moderator with the same name?
|Full Name||Tour Guide|
|Clothes Items||Tour Guide Hat|
The Tour Guide project began on January 26, 2007, with the intent of helping newcomers find their way around Club Penguin. To become a tour guide, a penguin must be at least 45 days old and have had no more than one ban (or sufficiently good behavior after a ban). Being a member is not required. This is available for penguins 45 days old because if it was for the first day of a penguin, he or she wouldn't know all the places.
To apply, one goes to the Tour Booth in the Ski Village and takes a quiz. The eight-question quiz tests one's knowledge such as to where things are located, puffle facts, game play, and so forth. Answering seven out of the eight questions correctly wins a Tour Guide Hat, which can be found in one's clothing inventory. Only those who have passed the test and have the hat are official tour guides.
To first apply to be a tour guide, you must first be 45 days or older and go to the Tour Booth in the Ski Village and take the tour guide quiz. This quiz tests your knowledge of the island including: locations, puffle facts, and game play.
Whilst wearing the Tour Guide Hat, the player can use a pre-written message from the Club Penguin Team that summarizes the room that you are currently in. To do this, click the safe chat button → select activities → give a tour.
Tour Guide Question Answers
|Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.|
Before becoming a tour guide, you must take a quiz. There are 8 questions in the quiz and answering at least 7 out of the 8 correctly will earn a Tour Guide Hat. You must own one of these hats to be an official tour guide. To help you answer the quiz, here are the possible questions you may be asked with the answers:
- How many Sled Racing courses are there?
- How does the pink puffle play?
- Skips with skipping rope
- What day does the newspaper come out?
- What color of puffle can catch on fire?
- What is thrown out of the truck in level 4 of bean counters?
- A Flowerpot
- Which of these rooms does not have a game in it?
- How do you get a pin?
- Walk on top of it (note: no longer true)
- Which of these places does not have music playing in the background?
- Pet Shop (note: no longer true)
- What item is always hidden in a different place in the clothing catalog every month?
- The Viking Helmet (note: no longer true)
- Which of these games has a shark in it?
- JetPack Adventure
(Questions do not always come in this order.)
|Spoilers end here.|
- Once the player has become a tour guide, clicking on the Tour Booth at the Ski Village will show a How to be a Great Tour Guide, a book full of tips on how to be a good tour guide.
- The Club Penguin Times newspaper used to have an "In Focus" section that talks about places and gives good tips on being a great tour guide. A tour guide was in charge over it and supposedly helped Aunt Arctic write it. However, it was removed after the newspaper update.
- The Tour Guide Booth used to be in the Plaza in front of the Pizza Parlor before the Forest and Cove were found and opened. Now it is located in the Ski Village.
- On May 1, 2009, tour guides and Secret Agents began to get paid 250 coins per month for doing their duties.
- If the player clicked on the safe chat menu and chose the words "Give a Tour" in an Igloo, it used to say undefined, but now it says nothing when you click it.
- It is featured on the TOUR GUIDE Card-Jitsu Power Card.