This article is about something that is no longer active in the Club Penguin universe.
|Full Name||Tour Guide|
|Clothes Items||Tour Guide Hat|
- Were you looking for the Club Penguin moderator with the same name?
The Tour Guide project began on January 26, 2007, with the intent of helping newcomers find their way around Club Penguin. To become a tour guide, a penguin must be at least 45 days old and have had no more than one ban (or sufficiently good behavior after a ban). Being a member is not required.
To apply, one goes to the Tour Booth in the Ski Village and takes a quiz. The eight-question quiz tests one's knowledge such as to where things are located, puffle facts, game play, and so forth. Answering seven out of the eight questions correctly wins a Tour Guide Hat, which can be found in one's clothing inventory. Only those who have passed the test and have the hat are official tour guides.
Tour Guide question answers
- How many Sled Racing tracks are there?
- How does the pink puffle play?
- Skips with a skipping rope
- What day does the newspaper come out?
- What item is thrown out of the truck in Level 4 of Bean Counters?
- A flower pot
- Which of these rooms does NOT have a game in it?
- How do you get a pin?
- Walk on top of it (note: no longer true)
- Which of these rooms doesn't have music playing in the background?
- Pet Shop (note: no longer true)
- What item is always hidden in a different place in the clothing catalog every month?
- The Viking Helmet (note: no longer true)
- Which of these games has a shark in it?
Note: questions do not always come in this order.
- Once the player has become a tour guide, clicking on the Tour Booth at the Ski Village will show a How to be a Great Tour Guide, a book full of tips on how to be a good tour guide.
- The Club Penguin Times newspaper used to have an "In Focus" section that talks about places and gives good tips on being a great tour guide. A tour guide was in charge over it and supposedly helped Aunt Arctic write it. However, it was removed after the newspaper update.
- The Tour Booth used to be in the Plaza in front of the Pizza Parlor before the Forest and Cove were found and opened.
- On May 1, 2009, tour guides and Secret Agents began to get paid 250 coins per month for doing their duties.
- If the player clicked on the safe chat menu and chose the words "Give a tour" in an Igloo, it used to say undefined, later it said nothing when you clicked it.
- It was featured on the TOUR GUIDE Card-Jitsu Power Card.