| Sprite Character
This character is a sprite, it means you can see it on Club Penguin, but it's not technically a mascot.
| EPF Agent
This article is about someone who is an EPF Agent on Club Penguin.
| Featured Article
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
|The Director of the EPF|
| Aunt Arctic|
since November 25, 2008
(October 24, 2005 in the PSA era)
- This article is about the Director of the EPF, an alternate identity of Aunt Arctic. For the regular identity of this penguin, see Aunt Arctic, For the stage director, see Hector the Director.
|“||And although the road ahead is long... The EPF shall rise again.||”|
The Director of the EPF commonly addressed as The Director or simply Director is the leader of the Elite Penguin Force. The Director title has always been held by Aunt Arctic who kept her identity a secret until Operation: Blackout.
Unlike her alter ego, Aunt Arctic, the Director shows a cool and collected approach to daily interactions such as addressing agents. She has a formal approach to everything and - like Aunt Arctic is shown to be extremely sophisticated. At times she shows moments of comfort and appreciation. For example, she once left a note for an agent in an anniversary book stating she was 'so proud of you'.
As all the public appearances of the Director are always shadowed out, the only visible items worn are a pair of sunglasses, a shirt with a collar, and the subtle beginning of a tie.
Role in the Elite Penguin Force
The Director mainly takes a background role; acting as a voice of reason in the agency whilst trying to coordinate operations and advancements in technology/resources. On random occasions, the Director will leave a message in a form of communication such as The Penguin Times or SpyPhone messages.
- The Director is seen on the EPF monitor several times in mission briefings, but is just a silhouette.
- The Director appears in the beginning of Mission 10 on a computer screen that pops out of the desk.
- The Director appeared in an explicit interview in the Club Penguin Times on the 15th of January 2011, after the EPF was confirmed to be real to the public in another article which may appear to be Herbert P. Bear. Strangely, the interview was not direct and took place in the Dance Lounge.
- The Director sends messages to all EPF agents every once in awhile. When she does, if you look carefully at the image of her, it appears she is holding a puffle. It is unknown what type it is.
- If you type in "Director" on the new buddy list it will say "That information is highly classified try searching someone else."
- There is a picture of The Director in one of the log off screens. The picture is captioned Top Secret.
- The Director appeared in the Yearbook 2011-2012 when you moused over the word "Unnoticed" on Dot's profile.
- The Director was on Herbert's capture list for Operation: Blackout.
- Some people thought she was going to be a mascot for Operation: Blackout. This was semi-true. You can see her in a Containment Cell in the Central Command Room, but she does not walk around nor talk.
- At the end of Operation: Blackout, it was revealed that Aunt Arctic is truly the Director.
- The Director is shadowed during briefing to conceal her identity.
- Let this be our finest hour.
- Be resourceful, be remarkable, be ready.
- You now are worthy of my secret. Keep it well.
- This is my final message to you. Herbert has found me. He is coming. The fate of the island rests on you... (gets cut off)
- A secret agent's first job is to look for clues.
- Greetings everyone. For those who may not know me, I am the leader of all secret agent operations on the island. You may call me the Director.
- Allow me to explain why you're here.
- We need the best....
- Due to the damage caused by Herbert's attack, the PSA is no more.
- Excellent. We shall begin immediately.
- Good luck, everyone.
- You never know when something will prove helpful.
- You demonstrated great thinking, and a willingness to help your teammates over yourself, and that's just the kind of penguin we need leading the team.
- We believe that Herbert is up to something. Something big.
- Well put.
- Oh calamity! This is a disaster!
- What happened to Herbert? Where is he?
- Hold on for your orders. G is running some calculations.
- Gary, stay focused.
- And though the road ahead is long, the EPF shall rise again.
- Although the Director was mentioned in The F.I.S.H book for years, she did not make an official appearance until Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force, which was released in 2008.
- Many penguins thought that Gary was the leader of the PSA until mission 10, Waddle Squad.
- Her voice can be heard during Operation: Blackout when they give you your missions. It is impossible to tell her identity because she made her voice distorted.
- Even when she is frozen in Herbert's capsule she still has shadowing. It is unknown how that's possible, since it is located in an well lit place.
- If you enter Director in search for a penguin on the Buddy List, it will say "This is highly classified information, try searching for someone else."
- Despite her identity being revealed after Operation: Blackout, she is still censored on the spy phone and at mission briefings. This could possibly be because only the penguins that finished Operation: Blackout, Gary, Dot, Rookie and Jet Pack Guy know her identity and not the rest of the penguins who weren't at Operation: Blackout.
- In issue #310 of the Penguin Times, Aunt Arctic wrote "I've got only one stamp left to earn in the System Defender game...".
- As seen on her ring during Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, she chose to be a superhero. This is somewhat odd because newspaper editors and reporters would likely be regular citizens. However, since she is the Director, she is somewhat a super hero.
- In issue #348 of the Club Penguin Times, Aunt Arctic is asked if she is a super hero, in which she replies: "I suppose that might be possible. I could be the leader of an elite squad of super penguins, protecting the island from evil. I mean, anything's possible, right? Hahaha! Sorry, just having a little fun there. I am most definitely not a super hero. I don't have any special powers, I don't have a secret fortress, and I don't look good in capes. Though if I did have a secret identity, I probably wouldn't tell anyone. I'm pretty good at keeping secrets, too.", poking at the Director mystery.
- According to the 2011-2012 yearbook, when scrolling over Dot, the Director side of her identity is most likely to remain anonymous. However, her identity was revealed a month after the book was published. This also threw penguins for a loop, because many penguins thought this meant that Dot was the Director.
- In the book, Club Penguin Official Annual 2012, she says that it is always bad news when Herbert is up to no good, which means she knows about the EPF.
- During System Defender on one level, she would say, "Let this be our finest hour". This is what the British Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, said during World War II.
- Rumors are that Aunt Arctic likes Gary. Again, these are unsubstantiated and it may just be that Aunt Arctic and Gary have a close but professional working relationship. This is proven true as she works closely with Gary as the Director.
- When trapped by Herbert, she is smiling, indicating that she is surprised that Herbert could finally take over Club Penguin. However, it is ironic that the Director is so calm when trapped. She is probably trying to set a good example for the agents on how to act when Herbert visited the island during Operation: Blackout.
- It could have also meant that she knew that the agents would free them all and defeat Herbert.
- In the 2012-2013 yearbook, if you mouse over Aunt Arctic's name in the photo gallery, it changes to the Director. The Director: You have worked hard to keep the island safe. I am proud of you.
- According to Gary 3000, Rookie is the Director of the Extra-Planetary Federation in the future at some point. Although, this may have been a joke.
- However, In Club Penguin Times issue 464, if a player clicked "Secret Identity" in the ask Aunt Arctic section, a message saying "Agent’s My identity may be compromised. Initiate Propeller Protocol immediately." would pop up. The message could mean Rookie will become the Director.
The Director has worked for many agencies such as Penguin Secret Agency, Elite Penguin Force and Elite Penguin Force Resistance. The EPF Resistance is a new agency which has been opened due to Herbert destroying the EPF Command during Operation: Blackout. The EPF Resistance ended when they stopped Herbert in Operation Blackout. The EPF later came back in action.
The Director has also been involved in missions such as Operation: Hibernation, Operation: Spy & Seek, Operation: Blackout, Battle of Doom and many more. She has also been included in Field Ops. The Director is also mentioned in Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force and Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge.
Spy Phone Messages
| This section is incomplete.
You can help the Club Penguin Wiki by expanding it.