The Switchbox 3000 is one of many machines that Gary the Gadget Guy invented. It is a grey rectangular box with various levers and buttons. It is normally at The Stage with only a few exceptions. Pressing a lever or button will make a special effect happen on stage. It was first introduced during the first Squidzoid Vs. Shadow Guy and Gamma Gal play and has been featured in almost all the plays after that.
No matter what play is on, every time you pull the yellow lever on the right, The Keeper of the Stage would appear, doing various things (but mostly sleeping).
- The only time the Switchbox was not found at the Stage was during The Twelfth Fish play and at the Medieval Party 2008, where it controlled a dragon at the Mine. It was much like a play, you pressed a lever or button and the red Dragon started breathing fire, flapping wings, etc. Eventually for the next Medieval Parties, Gary made another switch box for the medieval party to make it fair.
- The Switchbox 3000 didn't appear in the play Ruby and the Ruby; instead you clicked on things with your mouse.
- The Switchbox's presence at the Medieval Party 2009 and The Haunting of The Viking Opera at the Stage at the same time proves there are, in fact, two Switchboxes.
- In the Card-Jitsu series, there is a special power card involving the Switchbox 3000. This would mean there are infinite amounts of Switchboxes by logic.
- You get the Stage Crew stamp when you operate the Switchbox 3000.
- The Switchbox 3000 did not appear in Team Blue vs. Team Red, instead you had to click on things with the mouse.
- On December 6, 2012, the Switchbox 3000 was given a new appearance, however, on January 4, 2013, it was changed back for an unknown reason.