Surfboards are a type of transport in Club Penguin. They were released on August 31st, 2007, and on that same date, Club Penguin added a feature that enabled Members to ride their own surfboards in Catchin' Waves.
There are seven types of surfboards, each one listed below.
- Yellow Surfboard (Normal, and has a red line down the center. It's the free one for everyone when you play Catchin' Waves, you will automatically have it with you unless you are using any of the next 3 Boards. It is the least resposive. )
- Flame Surfboard (stereotypically mainly used by boys).
- Daisy Surfboard (stereotypically mainly used by girls).
- Silver Surfboard (Hidden item) To get it go to the Board page in Sport Shop's Catalog, then click on the green penguin's board (the one he is holding onto), then click on the Seashell on the floor and lastly the Starfish on the floor. To get it from the Game Upgrades catalog at the Cove, just click on the letters at the top. It also costs twice as much (800 coins).
- Magic Surfboard - Could be purchased for 200 coins in the Teen Beach Movie Summer Jam Catalog by members
- Brady's Surfboard - Could be purchased for 200 coins in the Teen Beach Movie Summer Jam Catalog by members.
- McKenzie's Surfboard - Could be purchased for 200 coins in the Teen Beach Movie Summer Jam Catalog by members.
- Boards increase the speed you move, letting the player collect more coins in Catchin' Waves.
- The Silver Surfboard is the fastest, but it is very sensitive. For example, when you move your mouse down a little the board goes down about 1 inch.
- There is a sliver surfboard by the Cove, it is on the opposite side as the fire and flower surfboard at the Cove.
- There was once a Surfboard pin in June 2007.
- They used to be sold in the Snow and Sports catalog before it was moved to the Game Upgrades.
- You can surf at the Epic Wave during the Teen Beach Movie Summer Jam.