This article is about something that is no longer active in the Club Penguin universe.
- After the Cove Opening Party, the construction of the Surf Hut had began on May 29, 2007.
- The Surf Hut was then completed on June 4, 2007, and the release of Catchin' Waves came along the completion of the Surf Hut.
- On September 5, 2013, as part of the renovation of the Cove, the Surf Hut was replaced with a surf shack, and playing Catchin Waves was done by standing on top of a surfboard in the water.
- The water bottle in the hut was used as an item in Sensei's Water Scavenger Hunt.
- The surfboards around the hut used to have a different design, but after the Game Upgrades catalog was released, they were changed.