|Full Name||Chris Heatherly|
|Position||General Manager of Club Penguin|
|Joined Club Penguin||2007|
|Left Club Penguin||September 7, 2016|
|Penguin Name||Spike Hike|
|Spike Hike's current player card|
Spike Hike (real name Chris Heatherly), was a moderator on Club Penguin. He was a VIP Manager and was soon promoted to General Manager after Billybob's retirement. It was confirmed on Club Penguin blog posts in Twitter and by a blog post by him.
Spike Hike made this statement on October, 2012:
|“|| Hey Penguins!
Spike Hike here. My real name is Chris Heatherly, and as you may have heard last week, I'm stepping into Lane's big shoes. You probably don't know me, but I've been working and playing on Club Penguin for a long time!
I first met the Club Penguin Team in 2007 when I worked for Disney Toys. When I first came to Club Penguin, I fell in love with what the team was doing. Together we worked on the first Penguin toy line. Billybob and I got to launch the toys in the biggest penguin party ever in New York City! We had Club Penguin projected onto the Jumbotron so that kids from around the world could join the party.
As a dad, I've been playing Club Penguin with my three kids for years. My twins even had a Club Penguin birthday party and I dressed up as Herbert. Herbert had stolen the puffles and the kids had to throw "snowballs" at him and get him to drop the sack of puffles. The kids tackled me to the ground and pelted me with snowballs!
Lane and I became really good friends and talked a lot about his vision for Club Penguin. When he asked me to join Club Penguin it was a dream come true! For the last year and a half, I've been able to work on parties, penguin shorts and music videos. As a long time player and as a dad, Club Penguin is very special to me.
As Billybob said in his farewell post, one thing about Club Penguin will never change – it has always been about you guys and always will be.
Until next time… Waddle On!
-Club Penguin Team
— Chris Heatherly (Spike Hike), October 25, 2012.
Leaving Club Penguin
|“|| Hey penguins,
The time has come for me to waddle on to my next adventure - and so I will be leaving Disney.
Getting to spend time with you all in Club Penguin has been one of the true joys of my life, and it has been for my family too, as all three of my kids have grown up with you in the Penguin community. I want to thank you all for so many special memories and especially thank the Penguin team for all their hard work and amazing creativity over the years!!
I couldn't make this move if I didn't feel you were in good hands and I have to say, the best is yet to come! Project: Super Secret looks amazing and should be ready for you to beta test in the next few months.
Of course, I couldn't say goodbye without one more party and so Spike Hike will make a special farewell appearance tomorrow, Sept. 8 at 3:30pm Penguin Standard Time on the server Fog. If I don't get the chance to see you Sept. 8, I'll definitely be back for special events like the launch of Project: Super Secret and anniversaries!!
YOU are what makes Club Penguin so special! Thank you for letting me be a part of it!
— Chris Heatherly, September 7, 2016
- He worked with Club Penguin to create its first toy line.
- He is a fan of Doctor Who.
- Spike Hike has a Twitter account - @SpikeHikeCP.
- Like Polo Field, Businesmoose and Loustik005 he has a day where he comes online called "Spike Saturday". Alternatively he has another event called "Spike Sunday".
- He said in a tweet that his favorite clothing item is The Spikette.
- He revealed on his Twitter account that he is working on making his penguin a mascot, so that he can have unlimited buddies and maybe even an autographed background.
- Spike Hike made his first post on the What's New Blog on October 25, 2012.
- He worked for Apple back in 1994 as revealed in a tweet.
- He lives in Los Angeles, California, but he comes to Kelowna one week every month.
- He took his kids to Club Penguin HQ for the first time on August 29, 2013.
- He stated that his favorite mini-game is either Card-Jitsu or Sled Racing. 
|Click [show] to display|
Appearance in Club Penguin
Spike Hike's Player Card
Spike Hike spotted on Club Penguin
Sources and References