|Where||Between the Town, Plaza, and Ice Rink|
|Opened||September 12, 2005|
|Renovated||December 6, 2012|
|Closed||March 30, 2017|
The Snow Forts was a snowy area located in the center of civilization on Club Penguin Island. Here, penguins commonly participated in snowball fights, at either of the two snow forts. The Clock Tower was also located here, near the forts, and displayed Penguin Standard Time.
The Snow Forts opened on September 12, 2005, a few weeks into the beta testing of Club Penguin. In November 2005, puffles were first spotted here. A few weeks later, on December 14, 2005, Puffle Roundup was playable from here, to gather the furry creatures. On February 24, 2006, it was moved from the Snow Forts to the Plaza (and then shortly after, the Pet Shop).
On February 23, 2007, the Clock Tower was added, along with a small sign next to it explaining PST. Additionally, ever since the Penguin Games ended on August 26, 2008, the Stadium could be seen in the distance whenever it was opened, as was also the case with the Ice Rink.
The room was renovated on December 6, 2012. The room received a major graphical update, although not much else changed. The two snow forts became bigger, and nearby areas; the Town, Plaza, and mountain range, were made visible.
|Astro-Barrier Ship pin|
|Ping Pong Paddle pin|
|Blue Fish Pin|
|Royal Scepter Pin|
|Happy Halloween Pin|
|Stinky Cheese Pin|
|Wild Puffle Treehouse Pin|
- During Puffle Parties from 2009 to 2012, the Snow Forts was host to a big puffle snowball battle, with a fort for each color puffle. In 2009 there was seven, with the three other years all including a new fort and puffle (white in 2010, orange in 2011, and brown in 2012), for a total of ten forts. Additionally, the Puffle Feeding Area could be accessed from here.
- In 2013, there were only two arches, one by the Town, and the other by the Plaza.
- From 2014 onwards, the Snow Forts instead had two large tree forts, one representing Blue Border Collie puffles, and the other representing Orange Tabby Cat puffles. Each had multiple levels, ladders, and a large puffle bed, and either a bridge or staircase. The Clock Tower was replaced by a giant tree stump, and was moved to the lower right corner of the room.
- During Medieval Parties until 2013, there were three forts, all made of stone. One had purple/blue trim, one green/red, and one orange/yellow. The green/red and orange/yellow forts had catapults next to them, each a different type, while the purple/blue had a large crossbow. All three launched snowballs when moused over. The Clock Tower also was made to resemble a siege tower.
- In 2008-2010, the fort colors were green, orange, and purple, while in 2011 and 2012, the colors were red, yellow, and blue.
- During Halloween Parties, the Snow Forts is either decorated with simple decorations, or turned into a neighborhood.
- From 2006 to 2010, there were cobwebs and jack-o-lanterns beside each snow fort. In 2006, there was a box of free Wizard Hats. In 2007 and 2008, there were free Pumpkin Baskets. In 2009 and 2010, there was no free item.
- From 2011 onwards, the Snow Forts becomes a neighborhood for trick-or-treating. There are multiple small houses, with some being bordered by picket fences. Sidewalks connect all the houses. There are also leaves on the ground, and several jack-o-lanterns. From 2013 onwards, the neighborhood had a different design. While the base design was the same, the room had a darker color scheme, with more bright lights for contrast. There were Trick Or Treat Pumpkins and a slime fountain as well. In 2015, the PH MascBot was also here.
- During the Winter Luau, the snow forts were replaced with a small wooden hut with a fire pit inside, that was cooking a Fluffy the Fish. There was also a palm tree and Bamboo Torches.
- During the Summer Party, there was a barbecue with a Fluffy the Fish on top, a few buckets with snow in them, and a picnic blanket with a cooler and umbrella on top.
- During the Western Party, there were a few cactuses, and various other objects scattered around, including a hay bale and wagon wheel.
- During the Sports Party, there were red and blue banners and signs, for encouragement for the two teams. In this room, snowball battles were the focus. There was also a folding table with a portable water cooler and plastic cups.
- During the Christmas Party 2006, the room was both covered in and surrounded by large piles of snow, with the paths to the Town and Plaza having so much snow that they resembled caves. Parked on the bottom edge of the room was a Santa sled, and there was also a box of free Santa Hats, as well as candy canes and Christmas lights in the snow and on a tree, respectively.
- During the Winter Fiesta 2007, there were a few large cactuses scattered around, and there were exotic plants in large pots next to each fort.
- During the April Fools' Party 2007, there were many cardboard boxes at the Snow Forts. The two forts were replaced by cardboard boxes as well, with the flags being socks.
- During the Pirate Party 2007, the two snow forts were replaced by small pirate ships, which had snowball cannons. When moused over, the cannons would fire in a random direction.
- During the Summer Kickoff Party, the two forts had small battlements, like a castle, and had tiki torches instead of flags in the center. There were also a few surfboards propped up, and lights, and the Clock Tower had large leaves on top of it.
- During the Water Party 2007, the two forts were replaced with large sculptures made of snow, with one being a whale, and the other being a squid. They each had targets instead of flags. There were also hoses going through the room, from the Plaza to the Ice Rink.
- During Camp Penguin, there was a winding path that ran through the Snow Forts, with fences, bushes, and bulrushes bordering it. There were also a few signs pointing to the nearby rooms.
- During the Surprise Party, one of the snow forts was replaced with two piles of hay bales, while the other was replaced by a covered wagon. There was also a windmill, a saddle propped up on a few wooden poles, and other miscellaneous decorations, including a small cactus and barrel.
- During the Christmas Party 2007, the snow forts were replaced by large snowmen. A path ran through the room, going from the Plaza to the Town, with a few lamp posts on the edges. There was also a box of free Santa Hats, like the previous year.
- During the Submarine Party, the snow forts were replaced with stone forts, resembling ancient architecture, with one being Aztec and the other being Greek. Additionally, there was a variety of coral, algae, and rocks on the south edge of the room, as well as a few starfish stuck on the Clock Tower.
- During the St. Patrick's Day Party 2008, part of the island-wide parade ran through here. There was a parade float for Puffle-O's here, labeled "MADE WITH REAL O'S!" The Clock Tower was colored entirely green.
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, the forts were melting, and the poles in the middle of them were bent. The Clock Tower also displayed the time differently. Days would be backwards (MONDAY would be "YADNOM"), and the time would be in a different font than usual, having a cartoonish look. The "SUPER RINK" sign was also changed to "SUPER DUPER RINK".
- During Rockhopper's Arrival Party, the Snow Forts were decorated the same as the previous year's Pirate Party, except with the addition of a dotted line crossing through the room.
- During the Water Party 2008, the Snow Forts were decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the Music Jam 2008, there were a few cardboard music notes scattered around, and the Shirts Rock Catalog was located here. There was also a sign that resembled an electric guitar next to the Ice Rink that read "ROCK RINK", advertising the rock music themed stage at the Ice Rink.
- During the Penguin Games, part of the island-wide track ran through here. There were also signs and banners, colored in red and blue for the two teams. The Ice Rink could be accessed from here from a path next to the Clock Tower, due to being replaced by the Soccer Pitch for the party (and next few months afterwards).
- During the Fall Fair 2008, the Puffle Paddle game was hosted here. Purple, green, and yellow balloons and banners were hung up near the town, and there was a large neon sign showing a penguin kicking a soccer ball next to the Soccer Pitch. The Bonus Game Room could also be accessed from here.
- During the Christmas Party 2008, the Snow Forts were decorated the same as in 2006, except with the addition of the Clock Tower, which was also half buried in snow.
- During the Winter Fiesta 2009, there were cactuses, exotic plants, and bushes on the edges of the room. The ground between the two forts was also covered in dirt.
- During the St. Patrick's Day Party 2009, the ground was turned green, along with the rest of the island. The two forts were replaced by hallowed wooden stumps, and clovers and mushrooms partially surrounded them. The Clock Tower was also green like the previous year. There was also a rainbow visible.
- During the April Fools' Party 2009, there were many cardboard boxes, with the two forts being replaced by them as well, like in 2007. The Box Store could also be accessed from here.
- During the Adventure Party, the entire area was overgrown with exotic plants and trees. The two forts and Clock Tower were made of stone, like an ancient temple, and there were a few statues and pillars around the room, with puffle faces.
- During the Music Jam 2009, the two forts were replaced with small stages, and instead of snowball fights, the Snow Forts was host to a "battle of the bands". The colors were rated on a scale, that went from "nice", to "cool", to "sweet", to "groovy"; then to "totally awesome". The more players using a musical instrument on a stage, the higher that stage would be on the scale. The Shirts Rock Catalog was also available here, and the Music Maker 3000 could be accessed from a path.
- During the Festival of Flight, the forts were replaced with floating battleships, each equipped with a snowball cannon.
- During The Fair 2009, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the Holiday Party 2009, the snow forts were larger, each resembling the corner of a castle. There were also large presents made of snow, real presents and toys scattered in the snow, snowmen, a Christmas tree, and candy canes, with some having lanterns hung on them. The Clock Tower had garland and Christmas lights hung on it.
- During the April Fools' Party 2010, the two forts were melting and had bent poles, like in 2008. There was also a large door in the middle of the room, which led to A Silly Place, and there were many arrows pointing to it. There were red and white balloons hung up, with each one varying in size. Various odd objects were scattered around as well, including a bowling pin and a boot.
- During the Music Jam 2010, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the Island Adventure Party 2010, the two forts were replaced by small pirate ships with cannons, like at a few previous parties. Unlike those parties however, the ships were floating on water, which was surrounded by sand. Like the rest of the island, there were many exotic plants around the room. The Clock Tower was made to resemble a wooden structure, and there were a few barrels and treasure chests next to it.
- During The Fair 2010, the room was decorated the same as previous years, although lacking the Puffle Paddle booth.
- During The Great Storm of 2010, puddles formed here.
- During Sensei's Water Scavenger Hunt, the Snow Forts served as the central station for all the water flow. Hoses from the Plaza and Town both connecting to a drain here, which led to the north, all the way to the Dojo Courtyard. There were also free Bucket Hats here.
- During the Holiday Party 2010, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the April Fools' Party 2011, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as the previous year, except the door to A Silly Place was replaced by a large box portal, that led to the Box Dimension. The scattered odd objects were also removed.
- During Earth Day 2011, there were various rock structures, some of which replaced the two forts. There was also a machine, that when snowballs were thrown into it, it would create snow.
- During the Music Jam 2011, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the Island Adventure Party 2011, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as the previous year. However, the two ships had their bowsprits removed.
- During The Fair 2011, the snow forts were replaced with larger forts of an unknown material. One was colored red, blue, and yellow, while the other was aqua and pink. both had diagonal stripes. Confetti covered the ground, and like previous years, the Bonus Game Room was accessible. The Clock Tower was colored yellow.
- During the Card-Jitsu Party 2011, the Snow Forts served as a split between the two elements of the island, the west being fire, and the east being water. There were Card-Jitsu Mats in the center, and on either side, there were entrances to the Ninja Headquarters. The west side of the room had Fire Ninja statues, rocky terrain, lava flows, and fire banners. The east side had Water Ninja statues, many bamboo stalks, pools of water, and water banners. In the north edge of the room, there was a long path to the Stadium for ninja battles, covered with torii gates.
- During the Holiday Party 2011, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as the previous year, with the addition of a Coins For Change Donation Station.
- During the Underwater Expedition, like the rest of the island, the Snow Forts were tilted over.
- During the April Fools' Party 2012, there was a large box portal in the center of the room, which led to the Box Dimension. Surrounding the portal were various objects, all relating to the different dimensions. For instance, the cactus represented he Desert Dimension, the penguin moa head represented the Strange Dimension, and so on. When walking near the portal, it would emanate a harsh purple glow, illuminating the whole room.
- During the Earth Day 2012 the Snow Forts was the only room decorated for the event. The room was divided into three sections. The left was icy terrain, the middle was rocky terrain, and the right was grassy terrain. A river ran through the center, and there was a tree fort for wildlife protectors. The Clock Tower was removed, and instead, the rock formation in the center displayed time.
- During the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, the Snow Forts was transformed into a downtown area. Here, there were many buildings, and a road that went through the middle of the room. There were construction barriers and cars parked, as well as a firetruck, which was putting out a fire in the building in the center of the room, which led to the Downtown Showdown. The Clock Tower was removed, and there was a sign on a building which displayed the time.
- During the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, the Snow Forts was decked out in neon signs, palm trees, and flashy lights. Here, the Epic Show could be accessed. There was also a sign displaying the time until the show, which occurred every twenty minutes. In the bottom right corner of the room, there was a stand which sold merchandise.
- During the Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit, the Big-Big Kahuna was located here. The Ancient Temple could be accessed from a door on the bottom of the totem, and stairs led up to the Volcano Mouth, with each staircase leading to a different section. Like the rest of the island, there were many exotic plants and palm trees, as well as stone monuments.
- During The Fair 2012, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During Operation: Blackout, the two forts increased in size, and snow piled up around the edges of the room. As the operation went on, more and more snow was piling up, until the room was surrounded by a large wall of snow.
- During the Holiday Party 2012, the Bakery could be accessed from here, which was in the center of the room. The forts themselves were moved to the Beach for the party. Most of the ground was composed of brown stone tiles. There was also a Coins For Change Donation Station, a billboard with a counter displaying the total donated to Coins for Change, and the Clock Tower was made to resemble a miniature belfry.
- During the Prehistoric Party 2013, the Time Trekker 3000 was located here.
- During the Hollywood Party, the Snow Forts was transformed into a studio lot. The outer area had a pathway with a star pattern, with a gate and toll booth on the inner side of the path. On the other side of the walls, the three movie sets of the party could be accessed: the Penguin High 3 Set, High Speed Getaway Set, and Return of the Space Squid Set. There was also a stand selling items, a small snack booth, a Golf Cart parked, and a small water tower, which replaced the Clock Tower.
- During the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2013, the room was turned into the outskirts of a city. A road intersected through the room, and there were two buildings: "Fragile Things Inc.", and "Priceless Antiques", which replaced the Clock Tower, with a clock displaying time. Cars were parked by a wall on the north edge, and on the south edge, there was a bus stop and telephone booth.
- During the Card-Jitsu Party 2013, like the previous Card-Jitsu Party, the Snow Forts served as the "split" between fire and water. However, the training mats and entrance to the Ninja Headquarters were removed, and replaced with snow statues of the three Snow Minions.
- During the Monsters University Takeover, the Snow Forts was host to the main gate leading to the Campus Quad. Around the gate, there were many strange plants and trees, a scoreboard for the scare teams, and a sidewalk with a bench on the bottom edge. The Clock Tower was also made of brick.
- During the Teen Beach Movie Summer Jam, the Big Momma's snack shack was located here. The ground was also made of sand, and there were many tropical plants. Around the shack, there was a variety of beach equipment, including desk chairs, beach towels, and more. There was also a fire pit, and a volleyball net. Additionally, the Epic Wave and Big Momma's Backstage could be accessed here.
- During the Medieval Party 2013, the room was transformed into a magic forest. There were many trees, small huts for fairies, glowing orbs hanging from vines, an archway, a tent, and a small pond. While heavily forested, some light peeked through the trees, making the area appear dim. A tree displayed time in place of the Clock Tower.
- During the Holiday Party 2013, the Snow Forts was decorated in the same way as the previous year, except structures increased in size. The Bakery was replaced by the Train Station as well.
- Prior to the Prehistoric Party 2014, a message from the past, written by Garugg the Ugg Ugg appeared here, that read "GARY HELP! OOGA OOGA!" The message replaced one of the forts. Once the party started, the message was surrounded by barricades, and the Time Trekker 3000 was parked here as well.
- During the Muppets World Tour, the Snow Forts was themed entirely after the country Spain, and Gonzo the Great could be met here.
- During the Future Party, the Time Portal was stationed here. Powered by the Time Trekker 3000, it allowed penguins to go to the future.
- During the Penguin Cup, the Snow Forts served as the exterior of the Stadium, which was the main area of the party. Here, the ground was covered in concrete and grass, and there were banners and flags hung up for the teams, and there was a golden statue in the center of the room. There were also various snack carts parked here.
- During the Frozen Party, the Snow Forts was decorated to look like Olaf's dreams of summer. The ground was composed of dirt and grass, there was a small sandy island in the center, surrounded by a small moat. There was also a drinks stand, and a gate, which Elsa's Ice Palace could be accessed from. The Clock Tower was made of wood. The room could be frozen with snowballs as well.
- During the Pirate Party 2014, there was a small pirate ship, which replaced one of the snow forts. It had a cannon and cage on the deck. A dock connected it to the Town. On the other side of the room, there was a raised platform, resembling the edge of a port town. There was also a cage and cannon on that side as well.
- During the Merry Walrus Party, Merry Walrus' sleigh was parked here, filled with presents, all containing coins, for Coins for Change. The ground had tiling, like the previous few Holiday Parties, and there were snow covered arches by the paths to the nearby rooms, each with decorations, such as Blue Crystal Puffle ornaments and garland.
- During the Star Wars Rebels Takeover, the room contained large, strange rocks, and a home with scrap metal lying in a pine next to it, and a large floating board behind it, which replaced the Clock Tower. There was also a turret here.
- During the SoundStudio Party, Snowball Records could be accessed from here, as well as the four stages from the party; pop, dance, dubstep, and rock. All stages could be accessed from the building labeled "PLAY FOR DJ Cadence". There was also a snack stand, with tables next to it. The roof of the stand displayed time, replacing the Clock Tower. There were also a few palm trees scattered around.
- During the Frozen Fever Party 2015, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as at the Frozen Party.
- During the Rainbow Puffle Party, the entire Snow Forts was floating on clouds. There was a fountain with a rainbow puffle statue on it, with rainbow colored water, as well as a picnic blanket, and a large gazebo with tables and chairs inside. The Clock Tower had a thundercloud design.
- During the Festival of Snow 2015, various snow sculptures were displayed here. A blue carpet ran through the room, from the Town to Plaza. There were also blue banners and balloons.
- During the Fashion Festival, the Snow was one of the three stages where challenges were held. The general theme for challenges here was "High Fashion". The ground was comprised of sand, and there were many palm trees around the area with lights hung up, and a purple carpet running through the room. There was a large white rose stage in the center, with red roses growing around the base. Additionally, there was a voting booth, a changing area for putting on costumes, and arches with white roses. On the third week of the party, the voting booth and changing area were removed, and five boards displaying winners of the challenges were put up.
- During the 10th Anniversary Party, the Snow Forts was decorated the same way as it was during the Puffle Party 2010 (although it was incorrectly labeled as being from the Puffle Party 2009), with the addition of the PH MascBot. The sign by the Clock Tower was also removed, despite being present in the old design.
- During the Holiday Party 2015, the Snow Forts was decorated the same as it was at the Merry Walrus Party, but with blue colored decorations changed to red or green. The Merry Walrus sleigh was also removed, in favor of a large cardboard tree, used for the 2015 Advent Calendar.
- During Operation: Tri-umph, the snowy ground under the Snow Forts was replaced with a disco floor and bright lights were set around. Disco balls also replaced the flags.
- During the Puffle Party 2016, the Snow Forts was redecorated into Puffle treehouses, mostly for the Orange Tabby Cat and Blue Border Collie.
- During the Zootopia Party, the Snow Forts was decorated into the outside of the Police Academy. In the middle, there was a fountain and some lollipops. A cafe was also there.
- During the Frozen Fever Party 2016, the Snow Forts was decorated into the same form it had in 2015.
- During the Halloween Party 2016, the Snow Forts was decorated into 4 separate houses with decorations.
- During the Music Jam 2016, a small mini-shop nearby replaced the Clock Tower for the event causing players being unable to hit the Clock Target. The forts were removed and in the central there is a stage where Cadence and the Penguin Band play songs. You could also access the Back Stage area.
- On the Club Penguin app, players could join either the red or blue team by standing on circled markers next to the forts. Players could then throw snowballs at either of the forts, and depending on which team the player was on, the fort would either be damaged or repaired. Not selecting a team would cause either fort to get damaged if a snowball was thrown at it. Players could change color at will, and leaving the room would remove the color. This feature was added on May 15, 2014 and was removed in Spring 2015.
Names in other languages
|French||Châteaux de Neige|
|Stadium/Ice Rink|| |