Gameplay of Sled Racing.
|Minigame Location||Ski Hill (Aka Mountain)|
|Date released|| August 22, 2005 |
October 24, 2005
- Were you looking for the game from Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force?
Sled Racing is a multi-player game in which you race with other penguins on Inner Tubes. There are four courses: Bunny Hill, Express, Penguin Run, and Ridge Run. Penguins get a token sum of money for placing. 1st place gets 20 coins, 2nd place gets 10 coins, and 3rd and 4th get 5 coins. As of November 27, 2010, members could buy Game Upgrades. Sled Racing is one of the oldest multiplayer games on Club Penguin, as old as Find Four and Mancala.
Versions and Levels Edit
Bunny Hill Edit
Bunny Hill is the easiest track out of the four. Two penguins can race.
Express is a harder but easy level. It's pretty easy but harder than Bunny Hill.
Penguin Run Edit
Penguin Run is the second hardest track in Sled Racing. It has more things to watch out for. This is the only track that can hold only three penguins. This is the first track that cliffs appear in.
Ridge Run Edit
Test Run Edit
The Test Run is a special run that's available in Club Penguin:Elite Penguin Force and Mission 2. In the online mission, you test Gary's Prototype Sled, but it ends up breaking up, leaving you stranded in the Wilderness. In the DS game, you have to use a Pro Snowboard instead of red tubes or normal boards, because if you use a normal board or a tube it could break, causing you to crash. In the video game, Rookie tries to go down the run with a normal board but it breaks leaving him stranded in the Wilderness. However he is rescued by Jet Pack Guy shortly after he crashes, after you come to his rescue.
- Hitting tree stumps, missing the snow ramp on logs, or any other obstacle makes you fall off, taking time to get back on the sled (Such as rocks).
- Ice patches make you go fast, as they give you a turbo boost.
- Jumps make you slower.
Old Blue Clapping PenguinsEdit
At the end of Sled Racing, there are two old blue penguins clapping. They are Sled Racing fans and always cheer for everybody. They were interviewed once by Aunt Arctic, but all throughout the interview, all they did was cheer penguins.
Glitches and mistakes Edit
- There used to be a mistake on the level Bunny Hill. You did not have to do anything, and you would never hit any obstacles.
- There was also a complicated glitch in Sled Racing to allow penguins to stand in the pathways in the Mountain. You can only do this by clicking on Penguin Mail.
- There was a glitch that if another person was coming to join you in the race, and you clicked the map right when they joined, the map would be open while you were racing. When the race was over, you would become the other penguin that joined. You could change their clothes and their igloo, including wasting their coins. You could even ban them. This is because you actually are on their account. The other penguin will lose connection and not be able to log on when they try. It also appeared on their computer. This was very annoying and harmful.
- There was a glitch where coins switched places, so you ended up getting negative coins.
- It is one of the five original games in Club Penguin.
- On January 30, 2006, two new sledding runs were released.
- The average racer earns 12 coins a game.
Names in Other LanguagesEdit
|Spanish||Carrera de Trineos||Sled Race|
|French||Course de Luge||Sled Race|