A server is a webserver which hosts the users and the packets but not the media server. The maximum allowed number of users is 300.
In 2011, in one of Happy77's videos from the What's New Blog, it shows Happy77 going to another server in-game using a Box Portal. This feature was named Server Jumping. It shows an arrow pointing one way and then pointing another way like someone was teleporting from one server to another. It should be noted that the moderator to server ratio is one moderator for every server normally.
- Main article: CPNext
CPNext is a new technology being added to Club Penguin. It will include the removal of servers, and instead have multiple versions of one room so the island never feels empty.
List of Servers
- Main article: List of servers
- Some of the servers in Club Penguin have a bug where they load forever upon attempting to join. This bug has been around since 2005 when Club Penguin first launched.
- Australian servers were first added on March 24, 2006.
- There was a glitch in the beginning of Club Penguin where a player could enter full servers. It was done by pressing 'Tab' until a yellow box is around the server which the player desires to go to. The player presses 'Enter' and he/she will be in the server. The glitch has since been patched by Club Penguin.
- On November 27, 2013, the font for the label text of the servers was changed.
- Many servers are named after ski runs.
- In Club Penguin Island, servers are known as "worlds".
Sources and References