| Featured Article
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
|“||Much to learn...||”|
|Position||Teaches the way of Ninja at the Dojo, Fire Dojo and Water Dojo|
|Appeared||On many occasions while visiting the Island and Never Wake a Sleeping Sensei|
|Color||Sensei Gray (Bait Item)|
|Clothes Items|| Straw Hat (Bait)|
White Beard (Bait), Simple Walking Stick (Seen holding in photos)
During the building of the Fire Dojo he wore Sensei's Fire Suit and during the building of the Water Dojo he wore a Water Suit. In the upcoming building of the Snow Dojo, He will wear Sensei's Snow Suit.
|Related To||Possibly Rockhopper.|
|Friends With||Ninjas, Aunt Arctic tried to teach Card-Jitsu to Rockhopper, You (If you add him), The Four Ninjas|
Sensei, or The Sensei (Japanese 先生 - Teacher/Master) (formerly known as ?????? as players had no idea who he was during Dig Out The Dojo and before the Card-Jitsu was released) is a penguin prophet that first appeared digging out the Dojo when it got hit and damaged by lightning, claiming to have returned from "a long journey." He used to be seen at the Dojo Exterior, but now he can be found inside the Dojo, sitting on the cushion next to the variable-color pot. He wears the color Gray, which is not currently available to players. Sensei appears to be an old Penguin. He has a White Beard, thick white eyebrows, and a traditional Japanese straw hat. Sensei refers new ninjas or students as 'grasshoppers.' Sensei is Japanese, so in Japanese he is a foreigner, or as they say in Japanese "Gui Jin." No one knew he was going to be a character. He is the oldest penguin in Club Penguin.
On July 3rd to July 5th, 2009, Ninjas were able to meet Sensei at the Ninja Hideout, and teach them a new trick. The award for finding him is an autographed background. He was also seen during Sensei's Scavenger Hunt, teaching ninjas about the upcoming event. He also visited the Fire Dojo and Ninja Hideout on Friday November 20th, 2009, and during the Water Dojo Scavenger Hunt in November 2010. He also visited during the Card-Jitsu Party 2011.
He was later revealed he would launch a card game for training known as "Card-Jitsu." His name was revealed to be "Sensei" the Japanese word for 'teacher," implying he is the ninja trainer. Apparently, he said that he came from the Club Penguin Wilderness to return, which means he has been to Club Penguin before. He presently is handing out Starter Packs in the Dojo to players training to become Ninjas. He also awards Penguins colored belts for their progress in Card-Jitsu. Once players get a black belt, Sensei can be challenged and if one wins, they become a true Ninja. Sensei will always win, unless you are a black belt. He also has all of the Card-Jitsu cards.
Sensei and Rockhopper
Rockhopper could be a possible relative of Sensei, seeing as they both are the only penguins to sport beards and bushy eyebrows. They both seem to have a knack for exploring and telling stories to penguins while visiting. Also, when asked about Sensei, Rockhopper replied "I have heard of the great Sensei, he be a great, good and the best Card-Jitsu master. I do remember him from me past though." and Rockhopper built the Migrator and Sensei built the Dojo [source needed] But when first asked Rockhopper replied "Sensei? Who's Sensei?" For the entire month of November 2011 Sensei has taken Aunt Arctic's place in the "Ask Aunt Arctic" section of the Club Penguin Times. In issue number 317 a penguin asked if he knew Rockhopper and he replied "Ah, Rockhopper. Yes, the Captain and I have shared many a cup of tea. Many years ago, I began to teach Rockhopper Card-Jitsu. Yet, I found, pirates can be as unpredictable as the elements. The seas call to Rockhopper. He must listen." Meaning that for sure Rockhopper and Sensei knew each other personally, though he does not say anything about them being related.
Sensei's Favorite Games
- Chat-Jitsu: "I will name an element, and you have to answer with what beats it, as fast as you can!" (Sensei often tricks penguins, by naming random things like marshmallows)
- Hit-a-Gong!: "I will name a creature, and you have to hit the gong with the named creature on it!" (Sensei often tricks penguins by naming creatures like seahorses)
- I spy...: "I will name the color of something and you have to name it!"
- Ninja Run: Sensei gets penguins to run left & right in the Ninja Hideout.
- The Fire Game: While in the Fire Dojo, Sensei will shout "FIRE!" and Ninja must run to something with fire on it.
- Sensei Says: Sensei shouts an element and you must run to the symbol of that element on the floor. (played in the Ninja Hideout.)
- The Training Game: This is an unofficial name. Sensei shouts out a command, such as "NINJAS VANISH!" or "NINJAS CONCENTRATE!" It is similar to "Sensei Says."
In the Club Penguin Animated Short Series
One day, Sensei wanted to teach four penguins the importance of teamwork. He then pretended to fall asleep and sleepwalk around Club Penguin, getting himself into danger so the four ninjas could work as a team to save him. They had learned their lesson, and at the end of the episode, it was revealed that Sensei was fooling the ninjas. ("Never Wake a Sleeping Sensei")
Sensei's Card-Jitsu Card Haiku
The simplest penguin
Knows that every journey begins
With a single step
They should also know
That if you speak in haiku
You sound really wise.
The Cookie Haiku
Like the great cookie
We must have honor and strength
And chocolate chips
How to write a haiku
To write a haiku
You just need to write three lines
Of 5, 7, 5
The "Orange" Sky
The sky is orange...
As orange as orange...
Or a tangerine
The Black Puffle
Like the black puffle
Sometimes we don't like to smile
But skateboard instead
The Wisdom Haiku
To find true wisdom
You must train hard and focus
And don't skip breakfast
The Epic Awesome Haiku
This is a Haiku
An epic awesome Haiku
This Haiku is done
Fires must be round
Search all across the island
Be very careful
The Greatest Ninja
The greatest ninja
Never gives up a battle
Or a cup of tea
It is quite easy
To sound like you have wisdom
When talking haiku
Long is the journey
With many wins and losses
We must learn from both
Glitch Haiku: Said by Cadence sometimes in the Dance Contest game
This example text
I have put it on 3 lines
Not a good haiku
Sensei's Knowledge of other Famous Penguins
Sensei has 3 explanations about his knowledge of Rockhopper. It is unknown why he knows and doesn't know him:
- Rockhopper: Rockhopper, you say? He is a most wonderous pirate, as well as wise.
- Rockhopper: Rockhopper? I do not know this lad. Does he know me?
- Rockhopper: Rockhopper. Silly penguin. Much to learn in the ways of ninja.
- Gary: Gary? I do not know much about him... I hear he is a famous scientist.
- Aunt Arctic: Aunt Arctic writes in the paper, doesn't she. Listen to her words.
- "Sensei" means "teacher" in Japanese.
- His greetings are usually "Greetings, grasshoppers!" and "Hello & Good Day."
- There was no Stamp given for meeting Sensei as of September 7th, 2010. It arrived on November 16th 2010.
- Sensei trained Amy, the penguin who later became Gamma Gal, as proved in the real life book, Squidzoid vs Shadow Guy And Gamma Gal: Heroes Unite! This is also one of Sensei's major roles in a story.
- Sensei has a unique Player Card which is a picture of him sitting down in a Fire Ninja outfit. He also has the Water Suit, or no other outfit.
- According to Sensei's thoughts, he has a beta hat.
- Unlike Gary the Gadget Guy, it seems that Sensei enjoys crowds.
- Sensei only comes to one party a year, this might be because of his old age.
- He might not go in the Dojo since when penguins roll their mouse over the Sensei (un-mascot, not a player), it looks like Sensei without his name sitting down, and penguins would get confused between the player Sensei and the Sensei sitting down on the mat.
- Sensei was the only penguin to live in Club Penguin Island before penguins found it. This explains why he lives in the mountains.
- Sensei built the Dojo.
- According to swf. files, Sensei may have a special Haiku button on the keyboard, just like the button "J" stands for "jokes."
- According to the Penguin Times (issue 316), Sensei has a completed Amulet, with all the elements.
- In November 2011, Sensei would answer all of your questions in Penguin Times. The 'Ask Aunt Arctic' was re-named to 'Ask Sensei.'
- Sensei knows of Rockhopper.
- Sensei is the 6th oldest mascot in Club Penguin, first appearing in November 2008.
- Sensei always leaves a server by saying "SENSEI VANISH!" Unless a glitch occurs.
- As revealed in the animated short "Never Wake a Sleeping Sensei," Sensei has a deep, Japanese-like voice.
- Sensei trained Aunt Arctic in November 2011.
- Sensei once called Rockhopper impatient.
- Sensei was the second mascot players were able to add as a buddy.
- A lot of times Sensei closes his eyes but sometimes you can see it open such as in card jitsu.
- It is believed that Sensei lived in the Grey Maintenance Shed before he built the Dojo.
- While Sensei was digging the dojo up, he was dressed in a brown Japanese coat.
- It is impossible to impersonate him, but it is possible to get pretty close.
- Sensei can walk on walls.
- Sensei has all the Card-Jitsu Cards.
- Sensei usally comes to parties like Card Jitsu party, and in 2012 he may be coming to the Card Jitsu Snow opening.
- One time during the Card-Jitsu Party 2011, He wore an amulet.
- He is the first mascot to be in a Club Penguin Short
An in-game sprite
Sensei's player card
Sensei Playing Card-Jitsu
- Famous Penguins
- Dojo Courtyard
- Dojo Exterior
- Ninja Hideout
- Ninja Progress
- Ninja Mask
- Sensei Autographed Background
- Fire Dojo
- Fire Suit
- Water Suit
- Water Gem
- Fire Gem