This article is about something that is no longer active in the Club Penguin universe.
The Self-Destructing Message is a message found in the Gadget Room. It reads "This message will be self destructed in n seconds". It starts at 9,641,398,925 seconds, which is equivalent to 305 years, 189 days, 22 minutes and 5 seconds. After reaching 0 it would keep counting down, but display a positive number as if the counter reversed its action and start counting up. This is because the embedded font does not include the "-" character.
When clicked it says: "You wouldn't want to carry that message around in your pocket!"
- The message has appeared in all of the PSA missions, starting at 4th mission, Avalanche Rescue, except for mission 10, PSA Mission 10: Waddle Squad, on which the Gadget Room did not appear.
- It is unknown what the message actually reads.
- If you press the "Get Letter" button after completing PSA Mission 4: Avalanche Rescue, you will get a self-destruct message from The Director.
- It was likely destroyed during the Popcorn Explosion, along with the rest of the PSA and Sport Shop.
- A Portuguese version for the message has always been available, and a French version was added in mission 11, The Veggie Villain.