A secret room is a room in the Club Penguin Island, which goes by a specific criteria. The criteria for defining whether a room is secret or not has changed through the years.
Originally, the term commonly referred to rooms which have no nearby rooms (and therefore cannot be visited by going from one room to a nearby room). The rooms which fulfilled this criteria were the Dojo, the Mine Shack and the Iceberg, which could all only be visited using the map or via the Spy Phone. These rooms also did not have an obvious image on the map, and could only be entered if a player had known their location, or found by mistake, when hovering over their location in the map, which changed the mouse to a pointer.
When Dig Out the Dojo began in November 2008, the map was updated, and all room icons were given a white border, which distinguished them from their surrounding, and therefore made all mapped rooms easy to locate, except for the Iceberg, which only received a new map icon in June 2011.
Currently, the definition may refer to rooms which can only be accessed once performing a certain action (e.g. obtaining a given item). This definition is still applied on members- having a membership doesn't necessarily guarantee the access to these rooms.
List of secret rooms
|Iceberg||Through the map|
|EPF Command Room||From the Everyday Phoning Facility or an EPF Spy Phone|
|Underwater||Requires the Moss Key Pin|
|Cloud Forest||Using the Rainbow Cannon, after completing the Puffle Care Quest|
|UFO||From being randomly abducted while at most outside rooms|
- Mine Shack and Dojo- were hidden on the map until 2008
- HQ- could only be accessed from the Sport Shop or a Spy Phone
- Forest- the first week it was open, it could only be accessed by clicking the blue pamphlet on the Tour Booth (which was located at the Plaza at the time)
- Command Room- could be accessed from the cabinet in the HQ if the player owned an EPF Certificate
- Box Dimension- could only be accessed from a Portal Box in igloos or during certain parties
- Fire Dojo and Water Dojo- required being a ninja and owning an Amulet
Hidden party rooms
Some party rooms have also fulfilled the criteria for becoming secret rooms, such as the following:
- EPF Rooftop- EPF agents could enter it in order to fight the Hydra Bot
- Classified Area and Herbert's Hoard Lair- could be accessed by EPF agents by completing various tasks during some of the EPF operations
- "Secret Room!!!"- a hidden party room, accessible by drilling a hole in one of the Cave Maze's rooms