This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
The Save the Migrator Project was a project in early 2008 to help salvage Rockhopper's ship, the Migrator. It was started by Gary the Gadget Guy. A large stall with tools could be seen at the Beach with the words "Save the Migrator Project" on it.
On January 17, 2008, Rockhopper's ship, the Migrator, unexpectedly hit an iceberg and sank. Due to this, Gary the Gadget Guy set up a project for his ship to be salvaged. Weeks later, Rockhopper arrived in his row boat with no harm, concluding that there were no deaths. In February, there was an underwater party for the project and Gary set up a building site on the iceberg. Players received free mining helmets during that time.
A poll was held to ask what would the submarine's name would be. The name with the most votes were Aqua Grabber, which is still in use currently for games.
Ship Rescue MissionEdit
On February 19, when Aqua Grabber was launched, penguins could use it to recover parts of the Migrator. These parts were collected at the beach. If you completed the first level at this time and recovered all four required parts of the Migrator, you were awarded the Golden Wheel Pin. On March 20, the Migrator started being built. In late March, it was nearly completed. In early April, players could go aboard the Migrator, however the hold was still in ruins and very dirty.
Work began on a nameless submarine to find the pieces to the Migrator and then reassemble it. When it was finished, there was a poll on its name. Of three names, "Aqua Grabber" was picked.
On April 2, Aqua Grabber began being used for collecting pearls and treasure. In mid-April, the Flare Flinger 3000 was set up on the beach. This was used as a way to contact Rockhopper and Yarr. On April 25, there was a party celebrating the return of Rockhopper to Club Penguin. Rockhopper came back and was overjoyed.
- January 4, 2008- The piece disappears.
- January 11, 2008- It reappears.
- January 15, 2008- The Migrator is visible from the telescope.
- January 17, 2008- Iceberg topples, and subsequently destroys the Migrator.
- January 23, 2008- Rockhopper lands in a rowboat on Club Penguin and gives everyone a free item.
- February 1, 2008- Rockhopper departs and leaves a blueprint at the lighthouse.
- February 8, 2008- Gary the Gadget Guy plans to build a sub at the Iceberg. Mining hats are given away.
- February 15, 2008- Submarine Party 2008 starts and a Poll to name the submarine begins.
- February 19, 2008- The Aqua Grabber is complete and penguins go to the depths to get the pieces.
- February 22, 2008- The pieces of the Migrator shows up at the Beach.
- February 29, 2008- More pieces shows up!
- March 7, 2008- The skeleton of the ship is being constructed.
- March 14, 2008- More pieces cover the skeleton.
- March 21, 2008- A crane settles Rockhopper's Quarters into the ship.
- March 27, 2008- All of the pieces on the ground are gone and more pieces are installed on the ship.
- April 3, 2008- The Migrator is finished. Penguins can go on the ship, but cannot go to the Ship Hold.
- April 10, 2008- Migrator is cleaned up and Fireworks is being used to contact Rockhopper.
- April 17, 2008- The rowboat comes back!
- April 25, 2008- Rockhopper's Arrival Party begins.
- April 28, 2008- Captain Rockhopper puts key to his quarters in his journal in the Book Room's Library and unlocks His' quarters. The Crow's Nest is opened!
- May 5, 2008- With his spirits lifted and his eternal gratitude to penguins everywhere, Rockhopper departs with a new ship to new adventures, new horizons, and pledges to never collide with an Iceberg again.
Relationships with real life historical happenings Edit
The Migrator's accident resembles the Titanic's. The Titanic was a big ship that sailed acrossed the Atlantic, struck an iceberg on the starboard side and sank.
- Main article: Save The Migrator Project/SWF