|Rookie's Giveaway Background|
|Party||April Fools' Party 2011, April Fools' Party 2012, The Fair 2012, Operation: Blackout|
|Where found||By meeting Rookie|
- For the 2012 version, click here.
Rookie's Giveaway Background is a background in Club Penguin. Players can only obtain it when Rookie is waddling around the island. It features Rookie in the Box Dimension wearing his Red Hawaiian Shirt.
|Party||Location||Available from||Available until|
|April Fools' Party 2011||Rookie's Player Card||March 24, 2011||April 5, 2011|
|April Fools' Party 2012||March 29, 2012||April 4, 2012|
|The Fair 2012||September 20, 2012||October 4, 2012|
|Operation: Blackout||November 24, 2012||December 6, 2012|
|School Grand Opening||July 11, 2013||July 18, 2013|
- In the future, this background may be changed, as the pin a penguin is wearing is blocking his face. This happened with the Gary Background as well.
- This item can still be permed by cheating, but may result in a ban.
- During the construction of the Fair 2012, you could meet Rookie and obtain this background.
- On the icon, Rookie's teeth are not visible. Instead it is his tongue. [source needed]
- On May 5th, 2011, the background was taken out of the inventory, just like the Blue Puffle Hat and Striped Puffle Jacket after the Puffle Party 2011. This glitch was fixed on May 19th, 2011.