| Featured Article
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
| Meetable character
This article is about someone who is meetable in Club Penguin.
|Full Name||Captain Rockhopper|
|Position||Captain of the Migrator|
|Appeared||Through the telescope at the Beacon Telescope, on his many visits, Club Penguin Shorts, Smoothie Smash|
|Clothes Items|| Rockhopper's Hat|
Rockhopper's Hat Aug 2012
Rockhopper's Santa Hat
Migrator Mascot Body (during Fall Fairs)
|Related To||Possibly Sensei|
|Friends With|| Yarr|
You (if you add him)
|“||One day, you'll be a fine pirate too, Yarr.||”|
— Rockhopper, in Captain Rockhopper vs. Mighty Squid
Rockhopper, (more commonly known as RH or Captain Rockhopper) is a friendly pirate and a sailor who regularly sails to Club Penguin Island mostly after his ship, The Migrator. He is one of the Club Penguin Mascots. He is always accompanied by his Red Puffle, Yarr. You can also get to earn the Rockhopper stamp for being in the same room as him. His ship is only docked at the Beach on special Club Penguin parties or events. He keeps a journal of his adventures, and sells rare items brought over from Rockhopper Island. When he comes to Club Penguin Island, he gives away a free item and sells other items to member penguins in the Rockhopper's Rare Items catalog. The catalog includes items such as pirate hats like the Puffle Bandana, telescopes, backgrounds, furniture etc. Penguins can sometimes see Rockhopper in random places in random servers whenever he docks at the Beach on Club Penguin Island. Rockhopper's favorite Club Penguin game is Mancala. Players can receive a free gift from Rockhopper by clicking what is usually the "Add Buddy" icon on his Player Card. This free gift was an Eyepatch before 2007. After that, it was a giveaway background with his autograph. He and Aunt Arctic tie as the 3rd Mascot you can add to your buddy list. Rockhopper hosted Rockhopper's Quest in February 2012. Also in August 2012 he Found Innocent Island And Met Innocent Gang and brought the Cursed Volcano to the Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit party on Club Penguin Island.
List of Places Explored by Rockhopper
|Island Name||When Explored|
|Rockhopper Island||Sometime in 2005|
|Cookie Island||Sometime in 2012|
|Polar Bear Island||Sometime in 2012|
|Frozen Land||December 2012|
|Swashbuckler Trading Post||February 2012|
|Dinosaur Island||February 2012|
|Shipwreck Island||February 2012|
|Innocent Island||August 2012|
He first came to Club Penguin on March 7, 2006 and he was officially the first mascot in Club Penguin. Rockhopper finished building his ship, and started traveling and exploring outside the Club Penguin Island. During his adventure, he found Yarr and a lot of treasure in an island which he called Rockhopper Island. A year after he began his adventure, Rockhopper got lost and saw a faint light coming from a Lighthouse in the distance. Rockhopper then came back to Club Penguin. He played some games, visited the Lighthouse, and danced at the Night Club.
Rockhopper discovered a new Puffle, the Red Puffle. He then introduced the Red Puffles (from Rockhopper Island) to Club Penguin Island so that everybody, even non-members could adopt them. He found the red puffles on Rockhopper Island.
Rockhopper placed some boxes inside the Lighthouse on September 2007 and didn't give any hint or clue of what was inside them. However, some penguins accidentally broke into one of the boxes and discovered that Rockhopper was preparing for a massive carnival called the Fall Fair 2007. Strangely, when the party started, Rockhopper wasn't there.
Rockhopper was spotted on January 17, 2008, and it appeared the Migrator was hit by an Iceberg and his ship was slowly sinking. Rockhopper and Yarr were both fine, though. On January 23, 2008, Rockhopper's rowboat arrived at the Beach. On Friday February 1, 2008, Rockhopper began his journey home in his rowboat. Players could watch him rowing by looking through the telescope at the top of the Lighthouse. Also, a booth appeared on the Beach with a sign that said, "Save the Migrator." It had a map of the island and the crash site spot marked with an X. The Aqua Grabber was built to obtain pieces of the sunken Migrator. Those who finished the game were rewarded with a Golden Wheel Pin. The boat was periodically changed depending on the status of the ship. At the start of February, there was just a toolbox. Over time, more tools appeared and parts of the Migrator were scattered around the Beach. On March 28, when the ship was complete (but still very dirty), a sink appeared at the booth. When the ship was completed, Gary the Gadget Guy brought his new invention, the Flare Flinger 3000, to the Beach to call Rockhopper. You could see him coming in his rowboat toward Club Penguin Island through the telescope in the Beacon. Rockhopper rewarded the penguins by giving us the Rockhopper's Key Pin so that penguins could enter his Captain's Quarters. Before Rockhopper released his key to the public, there was a rumor that the key did not exist. However, if you asked him where the key was, he would say "Arrr, The key be under me hat!" However, a picture shows him taking it out of his beard. Rockhopper hid the key to his Captain's Quarters for penguins to find on April 28, 2008. The key can be obtained from The Journal of Captain Rockhopper book in the library located in the Book Room. The key is considered a pin.
2008 Summer Events
- The Migrator could be seen through the telescope, sailing back to the Island on June 2008.
- Rockhopper's ship was docked beside the Lighthouse, where he brought new items and a Stuffed Parrot as a free item on June 27, 2008.
- On August 2008, he returned again to Club Penguin.
- There was a paper boat hunt, each part containing a piece of the ship igloo blueprint, to make a background.
- He designed a new Pirate Ship Igloo.
Talk Like A Pirate Day
Rockhopper requested in the The Club Penguin Times on September 18, 2008 for penguins to dress up and talk like pirates on the following day. This event is based on 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day,' an event in USA which has occurred every September 19th since 1996.
After Puffle Party 2009
Walt Disney World Resort Costume Character Appearance
- In April 2009, Disney announced on the What's New Blog that Rockhopper would make an in-person appearance at Walt Disney World's Resort (in Orlando, Florida) between April 30th and May 13th. He gave a new background with a light blue penguin in it.
- Rockhopper appeared with a light blue penguin there. The penguin might be Bambadee without his Friendship Bracelet.
Rockhopper was spotted in the telescope on August 27, 2009, before The Fair 2009. Rockhopper arrived to the Island during The Fair 2009 where he was spotted waddling around Club Penguin Island. He set up the Great Puffle Circus (members-only room) and hired some puffle trainers for the Circus.
Rockhopper arrived to Club Penguin Island on March 2010 and announced that his favorite red puffle, Yarr, was missing. During his visit, if a player found Rockhopper, he would take them on an adventure to find his puffle. After searching for Yarr for a while and finally finding him, players got a reward in the form of a new room for everyone to enter, the Cave Mine. This was the place where Yarr had been all that time.
Rockhopper arrived to the Island during the Holiday Party 2010 party, where he was spotted waddling around with Yarr. He brought a new Rockhopper Background with him. He also brought Coins for Change.
Rockhopper arrived to Club Penguin Island on the February 16, 2012, to hold a quest. But he wasn't meetable or held a quest until the Rockhopper's Quest had arrived, where he was meetable and held a quest for Penguins.
Rockhopper returned on August 23, 2012, after discovering a tropical island filled with fruit. He carries the dozens of fruit on his ship to share with penguins on Club Penguin Island. They celebrated like only penguins can... with a brand new and improved fruit-themed Adventure Party! But first, penguins had to destroy the Cursed Volcano Rockhopper brought before it erupted!
Rockhopper has come to Club Penguin on the party. He could be met on the party and get his stamp and background. This was a special time because he played Treasure Hunt with penguins.
In the Club Penguin Animated Short Series
- Rockhopper is seen watching a movie at The Stage in Best Seat In The House.
- He appears again on the Night Club Rooftop with Yarr in The Party Starts Now.
- He is the main character in Rockhopper vs. the Giant Squid, where he fights the Giant Squid.
- He appears in Anchors Aweigh.
Rockhopper's Possible Relatives
This article or section is mostly composed of rumours. As such, none of the data in this article may be true.
Rockhopper could be a possible relative of Sensei, seeing as they both are the only penguins to have beards and bushy eyebrows. They both seem to have a knack for exploring and telling stories to penguins while visiting. Also, when asked about Sensei, Rockhopper replied "I have heard of the great Sensei, he be a great, good and the best Card Jitsu master. I do remember him from me past though." In addition, Rockhopper built the migrator and Sensei built the Dojo (they both built rooms). However, when first asked, Rockhopper replied, "Sensei? Who's Sensei?" In the latest edition of the newspaper, a penguin asked Sensei, "Did you meet Rockhopper?" and Sensei replied that he trained Rockhopper and other pirates. Sensei also had tea with Rockhopper. Also, Rockhopper and Sensei wear hats to represent their positions in Club Penguin. This means that Rockhopper and Sensei have some friendship relation or it seems Sensei might be related. However, it's a myth/rumour and may not be true.
Here is the list of confirmed stamps Rockhopper has:
- Characters: Aunt Arctic stamp
- Party: Snack Shack stamp, Happy Room stamp, Volunteer stamp
- Activities: Clock Target stamp, Underground stamp, 183 days! stamp, 365 days! Stamp, Fort Battle stamp
- Screenhog once logged in to Rockhopper.
- Rockhopper is the mascot who has visited the most times, hence the stamp you get for meeting him being yellow.
- Rockhopper sometimes had a Coins For Change 2012 pin on his playercard during the Holiday Party 2012
- Rockhopper does have his own igloo , but he never uses it because the Migrator is his true home. It's a basic igloo, which is the igloo you are given when you are new to Club Penguin.
- One time Rockhopper saved Christmas by helping Santa Claus. He told a story about this in the Holiday Party 2009.
- In one of Rockhopper's stories he says he is going up to the Crow's Nest even though he is scared of heights. Rockhopper also visits the Migrator's Crow's Nest in Captain Rockhopper vs. Mighty Squid.
- When Rockhopper throws a snowball, Yarr looks at it with his telescope!
- Rockhopper has given out more backgrounds than any other mascot.
- He will occasionally change his own background.
- He is the easiest character to meet, as he comes to 3-8 parties a year.
- He is the second mascot to appear in a Club Penguin Animated Short.
- According to one of the comics, Rockhopper likes to eat stinky cheese. His liking for stinky cheese is also shown in Issue #373 of the Club Penguin Times, when asked what does Rockhopper Island looks like, he replied that "...I think there will be a stinky cheese restaurant too..."
- According to Issue #108 of the Club Penguin Times, Rockhopper likes to eat Seaweed Pizza, like Herbert P. Bear.
- Rockhopper and Sensei are the only penguins to have real eyebrows.
- Rockhopper's favorite fruit is a pineapple as stated in the Penguin Times.
- According to the Yearbook 2011-2012, he is most likely to style his beard in the shape of a pineapple
- Rockhopper also owns an old-model camera. It can be seen in the Captain's Quarters.
- In issue #373 of the Club Penguin Times, he reveals he did once have an igloo, but it melted a long time ago.
- Rockhopper played Treasure Hunt with some penguins at the Holiday Party 2012.
- Rockhopper appeared as a big penguin when in the Bakery at the Holiday Party 2012 while all other penguins appeared smaller than him. This was because he had a special cookie to keep him that size, as he was the leader, while all other penguins were magically turned into 'elves'.
- Rockhopper has a Quad-Locked password, which means you have to enter four different passwords to access his account. You would also have to be using the IP address or, simply put, the computer of Disney Interactive Studios employees.
- Main article: Rockhopper/gallery
- Rockhopper's Key
- Rockhopper's Journal
- Rockhopper and the Stowaway
- Rockhopper's Rare Items
- Rockhopper Cave
- Famous Penguins
- Rockhopper stamp
- Mascots (disambiguation)
|October 2006 · December 2006 · February 2007 · March 2007 · Pirate Party 2007 · June 2007 · July 2007 · August 2007 · September 2007 · November 2007 · January 2008 · Rockhopper's Arrival Party · June 2008 · August 2008 · 3rd Anniversary Party · December 2008 · February 2009 · May 2009 · The Fair 2009 · Holiday Party 2009 · March 2010 · Island Adventure Party 2010 · The Fair 2010 · Holiday Party 2010 · Earth Day Party 2011 · Island Adventure Party 2011 · The Fair 2011 · Holiday Party 2011 · Rockhopper's Quest · Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit · Holiday Party 2012|