| Featured Article
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
|Scientific name||Moschomicrotherium puffleii|
|Similar creatures||Wild Puffles|
|Appeared||Club Penguin Island|
|Prey||Puffle-O's, O-Berries and Gold O'berries|
Puffles are small, furry pets native to Club Penguin Island. Puffles were first discovered in November 2005 and were sold for 800 coins. Ten solid colored puffles are currently adoptable for 400 coins. Two puffles, rainbow and gold are currently adoptable via quests started at the Puffle Hotel Lobby and Pet Shop, respectively.
Puffles are small limbless creatures who eat Puffle-O's and other foods native to Club Penguin. Eighteen variants of puffles (including real-world animal counterparts) have been discovered so far. Of those eighteen, ten are permanently adoptable for members, two are adoptable for non-members, and six were temporarily adoptable at Prehistoric Party 2014.
Puffles originally appeared with rough cut fur and generic facial expressions. They have eyes and a mouth, but do not have noses. In 2011, they were updated with a new look both in-game and on the Puffle Card. In 2013, the puffles were shown in a somewhat mix of their original artwork and the 2011 artwork (when coming out of animations they may also flash back into their original artwork).
Not much is known about puffle language. Their main sound is squeaking, as seen (heard) in Puffle Roundup and by mousing over the puffles in Aunt Arctic's igloo in Secret Mission 1. Puffles also seem to be able to communicate with each other in some way because in many secret agent missions and/or EPF missions, puffles work together without making any sounds. In the book The Great Puffle Switch, it is revealed that puffles can speak to each other without penguins understanding. Some penguins think that puffle's language is squeaking. It is also mentioned by Aunt Arctic in the newspaper that she had been trying to find out the puffle language and that Rockhopper can communicate with Yarr since they know each other well. PH most likely can understand the puffle language, as well.
All puffles have special abilities, mainly involving telekinesis. Each species can summon a toy at will from mid-air. All puffles can summon hair brushes, bath tubs, and some puffles can summon color specific objects like a sleeping mask.
Members can buy up to 40 puffles, with no limit on the quantity of each colouration, while non-members can only buy up to 2 puffles of either red or blue. Former members keep their extra puffles. Puffles are currently the only type of pets penguins can own.
- Main article: Puffle Catalog
When a player clicks on a puffle, a full screen menu shows up with five different tabs. Each tab has corresponding options for the type of care. The options are as follows:
- Food: This tab has options for you to feed your puffles. Food that appears on this menu can be bought in the Pet Shop or from the interface. Most of the time, puffles will jump up and down for a food they like. If they don't jump up and down at all, then they don't like the food..The best way to feed a puffle is feeding him one apple whenever the food bar is at a one-half point and 2 Puffle Os when its empty.
- Toys: The toys tab shows a ribbon of the basic toys for all the puffle colors you have. Additional, special, toys can be bought in the Pet Shop. A puffle only plays with its own toys (example: A red puffle will only play with bowling pins and cannons. It will not play with the white puffle's skates, the brown puffle's plane, etc.). Puffle Furniture does not show up on this list, but it may in the future.
- Care: The tab shows the basic care options for your pet. Here you can give your pet a bath and brush their hair. The bath and brush features will appear in the interface.
- Rest Tab: The rest tab only shows the Sleep feature. The feature will appear outside the interface.
- Dress Tab: This Tab allows the penguin to put hats on puffles. You could buy the hats in the catalog or use codes to unlock them.
- Pet Papers: Although not a tab, the puffle menu shows Pet Papers. Here, you can see your certificate of ownership, tips for Puffle Digging, or send your puffle back to its natural habitat.
- Walk Tab: Since puffles could dig up food, this tab was created. It appears at the left side of the interface and has a picture of a puffle on a leash.
- Puffle Handbook: Although not a tab, the puffle handbook tells you how to care for your puffles, information on the puffle color, and tells you about their features. This handbook is also at the Pet Shop.
- Not Caring: If you don't care for your puffle, it will run away. When it runs away it sends you a postcard to tell you.
- If you make all the bars full then your puffle will do a special action.
When a player clicks a puffle, a little menu appears. You could see the tabs of your puffle and choose from 3 tabs. Here you could choose:
- Walk Tab: Here you could yalk your puffle. This tab can be used at the backyard and igloos.
- Care Tab: Here you open the Puffle Interface. This tab is only used in the igloo.
- Move to Igloo/Backyard Tab: Here you can move puffles to your backyard or igloo. The tab could be used at the backyard and igloos.
Types of Puffles
All puffles were at a cost of 800 now 400 coins per puffle. The Blue and Red Puffles are the only puffles that are available to both non-members and members. Every puffle other than the blue and red ones require a membership to purchase. If a toy puffle is bought at a real store, one can unlock a member puffle. If a penguin was a Member and had a Member Puffle, and his/her membership expires, the penguin will still have the member only puffles. Here's the list of puffles that are in Club Penguin. Each puffle has a different personality and style so players can find the one that fits them best.
* indicates a non-member puffle.
|Blue*||It is considered trustworthy, loyal, and easy to care for. This puffle is available to all players. They are one of the most popular.||November 2005|
|Black||They are known for their reluctance and shadowy-ness. Many Penguins tend to view black puffles as "gangster-like". However they have the ability to catch on fire when they are feeling happy and strong. They rarely smile, but they will smile when pleased. It can play Cart Surfer with you.||November 2005|
|Brown||Brown Puffles are the most intelligent, as the Brown Puffle Cave where they were discovered is full of many complex machinery. It also uses a rocket ship to play and dreams of equations, complete with a graph paper background.||January 2011|
|Green||They are known to be very energetic and active. They are also the fastest puffles. They are much like clowns, and are usually seen with a Propeller Cap or a unicycle. The most famous green Puffle is the Keeper of the Boiler Room. It can play Jet Pack Adventure with you.||November 2005|
|Gold||It can only be adopted after a member feeds their puffle a Gold O' Berry, and then the puffle digs up 15 Gold Nuggets, and finally activating the Golden Jackhammer in the Gold Mine. Like the Rainbow Puffle, they have been rumored to exist years before they were discovered.||November 2013|
|Orange||Orange Puffles have been depicted as goofy and clownlike, much like Green Puffles. They are the only puffle to come from a different dimension. Their prominent buck teeth are always shown in artwork.||February 2010|
|Purple||They are known to dance, be picky eaters and often portrayed as a diva, and they have a love for dancing. They blow incredibly large bubbles using their bubble wand. The Purple Puffle can play with you in the mini-game Dance Contest. This puffle is perfect for Cadence, as she has one named Lolz.||August 2006|
|Pink||They are known for their sportiness. They are also depicted as cheerful. They can play with you in Aqua Grabber at the Iceberg.||November 2005|
|Red*||Red puffles are the most adventurous. The most famous red Puffle is Rockhopper's puffle, Yarr. They can play with you in Catchin' Waves at the Cove.||December 2006|
|Rainbow||They come from the Cloud Forest above Club Penguin Island. They are the most unique puffles to be released. Their existence was rumored in the community for many years. They are known to be the most majestic. They can fly and fart sparkles. They first appeared in a Hollywood Party trailer, and then in Puffle Party (Gotta Have a Wingman). They were the first type of puffle that are adopted from a place other than the Pet Shop.||March 2013|
|Yellow||They are very creative and artistic, and are known to sculpt and paint perfect pieces of art. They love anything that has got to do with the arts, be it art, design, plays or music. Yellow Puffles can play in DJ3K. There is also a Yellow Puffle which stays mysteriously in the stage. You can see this puffle by pulling a yellow lever on the Switchbox 3000, and it is named The Keeper of the Stage.||October 2007|
|White||They are the smallest of all puffles, and what makes them seem cuter to other penguins. They are also known for their ability to turn anything in to ice, or create slopes of ice from thin air. They are portrayed as shy and mildly smaller than other puffle species. They are connected back to Ninjas quite often. This puffle seems perfect for Sensei.||February 2009|
See main article: Wild Puffles
* indicates a transformation only puffle.
|Photo||Animal Base||Description||Latest Appearance|
|Cat||Cat Puffles were first seen in a drawing in the Doodle Dimesion at the April Fools' Party 2012. One later appeared in the video Puffle Trouble among the other puffles in the cave.||Puffle Trouble|
|Bat||It was seen in the Mansion Attic telescope during the Halloween Party 2012. There is also a Puffle Bat Key Pin. They first appeared at the Halloween Party 2013 as part of the vampire's dance.||Halloween Party 2013|
|Reindeer*||Reindeer Puffles were first spotted at the Holiday Party 2012 exit page, then on the homescreen, and then confirmed to be able to become one. These puffle species are slightly bigger than ordinary puffles.||Holiday Party 2012|
|Bird||Bird Puffles were first spotted at the Holiday Party 2012 and then the Holiday Party 2013, popping out of the clock tower every 15 minutes, just like how the Orange Puffle did at the Ski Lodge.||Holiday Party 2012|
|Dragon*||Dragon Puffles were rumored due to an appearance in a foreign Club Penguin Magazine issue. Their variants so far are blue and green. They appeared for the first time at the Medieval Party 2013.||Medieval Party 2013|
|Unicorn*||Unicorn Puffles are mythical puffles. You could transform into them at Medieval Party 2013 by mixing potions.||Medieval Party 2013|
|Chicken*||Chicken Puffles appeared at the Medieval Party 2013. Members are able to transform into them. It's a result of a backfired potion, which happens when you mix the ingredients in the wrong order.||Medieval Party 2013|
|Dinosaur||Dinosaur Puffles were discovered at the Prehistoric Party 2014. There are six variants (Blue Triceratops, Black T Rex, Pink Stegasaurus, Red Triceratops, Purple T Rex and Yellow Stegasaurus) and they were adoptable during the Prehistoric Party 2014 which makes them the first animal like-puffle to be adoptable. You had to dig up their eggs in order to hatch them.||Prehistoric Party 2014|
|Monkey/Mouse||The Monkey/Mouse puffle's only appearance was at the The Fair 2014 at Marooned Lagoon.|
|Hidden Lake, Cove, Cave, Puffle Hotel Roof, Water Dojo||Jumping in water causes the puffle to jump up and splash, also gaining play stats||All|
|Puffle Hotel Lobby, Puffle Hotel Roof||Clicking on a table causes the puffle to drink a smoothie and gain food stats||All|
|Puffle Hotel Lobby, Puffle Hotel Roof||Clicking a bed or sleeping chair causes the puffle to take a nap, as well as gain rest stats||All|
|Puffle Hotel Spa||Clicking the weight benches causes the puffle to lift a small weight and gain play stats||All|
|Puffle Hotel Spa||Clicking a grooming chair causes the puffle to be groomed and gain care stats||All|
|Puffle Hotel Spa||Clicking a washing chair causes the puffle to be washed and gain care stats||All|
|Puffle Hotel Spa||Clicking a trampoline causes the puffle to run and gain play stats||All|
|Puffle Hotel Roof||Clicking on the diving board results in the puffle jumping off of it into the pool||All|
|Pet Shop||Adopting a puffle causes it to jump from the pet house and come to your side||All but rainbow or gold|
|Cloud Forest||Adopting a rainbow puffle causes it to jump from the cloud cave and come to your side||Rainbow|
|Gold Mine||Adopting a gold puffle causes it to spring forth from the golden flow and come to your side||Gold|
|Pizza Parlor||Clicking the puffle snack station results in the puffle jumping up to eat a slice of pizza||All|
|All rooms||Puffles will randomly dig around the island, and can find one of four things: coins, items, puffle food, or gold nuggets||All|
Playable/Main Game Appearances
Some puffles can help you play games.
- Red - Catching Waves
- Yellow - DJ3K
- Green - Jet Pack Adventure
- Purple - Dance Contest
- Pink - Aqua Grabber
- Black - Cart Surfer (also appears as main character in Thin Ice
- First ten puffles - Puffle Roundup
All puffles, even those which don't have a specific game, can participate in Puffle Launch and Pufflescape, whether you are a member or not a member. You also do not need a puffle to play; red puffles are default for Puffle Launch and white ones in Pufflescape. Currently, the Rainbow Puffle, as well as the Gold Puffle, cannot participate in either game.
- In Ice Fishing, a Pink puffle will swim along with a banner, warning the player of enemies. It used to be a blue puffle.
- Some of the power cards in Card-Jitsu involve puffles. There is a Card-Jitsu deck themed on puffles, which is called the Puffle Deck.
- November 15, 2005: A blue fluff ball is spotted at the Ice Rink, a pink fluff ball is spotted at the Snow Forts, and a green fluff ball is spotted at the Dance Club.
- November 23, 2005: The "little fluffy things" are declared safe and a contest is held to name them.
- December 14, 2005: The game Puffle Roundup is released so penguins can help capture all the puffles.
- March 17, 2006: The Pet Shop is opened and blue puffles, green puffles, pink puffles, and black puffles are ready for adoption.
- April 14, 2006: Puffle furniture is ready to be purchased in the Pet Shop.
- August 25, 2006: Purple puffles are put up for adoption in the Pet Shop for the first time.
- September 29, 2006: Penguins are able to walk their puffles for the first time.
- November 24, 2006: Penguins are able to bathe their puffles for the first time.
- December 8, 2006: Rockhopper brings hundreds of red puffles from Rockhopper Island to Club Penguin and they become adoptable in the Pet Shop.
- October 26, 2007: A yellow puffle is spotted at the Forest during the Halloween Party 2007.
- November 30, 2007: Yellow Puffles become available in the Pet Shop.
- February 13, 2009: Puffles start playing with their furniture for the first time.
- February 20, 2009: During the Puffle Party 2009 a white puffle was spotted at the Dojo Courtyard and Ski Hill.
- March 6, 2009: White Puffles become available in the Pet Shop.
- February 18, 2010: Orange puffles are seen at the Ski Village during the Puffle Party 2010.
- February 25, 2010: Orange Puffles become adoptable at the Pet Shop.
- January 17, 2011: After leading an expedition into the wilderness, penguins discover brown puffles on an island just off the coast of Club Penguin Island.
- March 8, 2011: The Pet Shop gets a major renovation, penguins buy food for their puffles for the first time, the new Puffle Interface is launched, and the puffles are given a new look.
- October 4, 2011: Puffle hats are released.
- February 11, 2013: Rainbow puffles make an appearance in Puffle Party (Gotta Have a Wingman), confirming their true existence.
- March 7, 2013: Construction begins on the Puffle Hotel, a building tall enough to get to the cloud the rainbow puffles are on.
- March 21, 2013: The Puffle Party 2013 arrives with the new Puffle Hotel at the Plaza. The Rainbow Cannon on the Puffle Hotel Roof launches penguins to the Cloud Forest to adopt rainbow puffles.
- May 30, 2013: The price to purchase a puffle is dropped from 800 to 400 coins.
- June 20, 2013: Puffles start digging treasure around the island and can earn you coins.
- July 11, 2013: Puffles can have full care stats in the Puffle Interface. They can also dig up rare items in puffle digging.
- August 15, 2013: Puffles start digging up for food in puffle digging.
- October 3, 2013: Puffles can eat pizza at the Pizza Parlor using the Puffle Snack Station.
- November 14, 2013: The Gold Mine, opens and penguins are now able to adopt Gold Puffles.
- November 21, 2013: Puffles get mind controlled by Herbert and the Puffle Hotel renovates.
- January 23, 2014: Penguins are able to adopt up to 40 puffles and keep them in their backyards.
- January 23 - February 4, 2014: 6 Dinosaur Puffles are temporarily adoptable.
- Main article: Famous Puffles
- When players adopt a puffle, they will receive a postcard from sys saying "Thank you for adopting (puffle's name). It needs a lot of attention. Puffles will return to the wild when they are left alone for too long".
- There is a Card-Jitsu deck of trading cards with all cards about puffles.
- Players used to be able to see the names of other players' puffles in their igloo. However, this feature was removed.
- Puffles might have telekinesis, because they seem to be able to make items appear and pick them up without arms or hands.
- If a member buys a puffle, but their membership expires, some puffles that are not red or blue will stay, which means non-members can own member puffles.
- Yarr, The Keeper of the Boiler Room, The Keeper of the Stage, and Aunt Arctic's puffles went missing during early/mid January 2010 due to the Cave Expedition. They could soon be seen in a rock slide but soon they returned due to the new game Puffle Rescue where penguins saved puffles from the sea, ice and cave.
- If one looks at the 'Puffle Party' logo closely, one would realize that the letters have the colors of all the puffles (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Pink, Black, White, Orange, and most recently, Brown). The 'Y' in 'Party' is a Magenta/Fuchsia color. There are rumors that a Magenta puffle will come out.
- It is likely that puffles are mammals, as they have fur and other features that make them mammal-like.
- In the 2010 Coins for Change results video, as the coin is traveling through the pipe, there is a Pre-Historic Puffle with two large teeth at the front of its mouth. However this is just a statue.
- When the Red Puffle was first released in the Pet Shop, they were only for Members. But in 2007, Club Penguin let the Red Puffles be for Non-Members as well. This might mean a Member puffle in the future could turn into a Non-Member puffle.
- It's very possible for the Orange Puffle to be in the Pizzatron 3000 in the future because in the stamp book on the Pizzatron 3000 stamps, there is an Orange Puffle in the top right hand corner.
- When puffles try to use Puffle Beds, Puffle Igloos, etc., their old look will be used in the animation briefly.
- It's unknown if they inhabited Club Penguin Island before penguins. Sensei might have brought puffles to Club Penguin, because he was the first penguin on the island.
- When you walk a puffle then log out, and return the puffle is gone.
- There is a Card-Jitsu power card that features 7 out of the 12 puffles; excluding the Gold, Rainbow, White, Orange and Brown Puffles. The owner of the card rings a Bell which then causes a stampede of puffles onto the opposing player.
- On September 29, 2006, Penguins were able to walk their puffles for the first time.
- Screenhog was originally not going to give puffles mouths, but Billybob and Rsnail convinced him to add them.
- It was rumored that the Hot Pink Puffle will be released in 2012, but Puffle Handler said that will not be released.
- Since Red Puffles come from Rockhopper Island, it is possible that Puffles are also found on islands adjacent to Club Penguin Island.
- In May 2013, the price to purchase a puffle was changed from 800 to 400.
- On June 20, 2013, Puffle Digging was added.
- 2013 was the first time multiple puffles were discovered since 2006.
- Before, Puffles counted as a hand item so the owner cannot hold a hand item whilst walking a puffle. However, you can walk puffles and hold a hand item.
- As of January 2014, if a penguin has more than 10 puffles, he/she can move the rest of them to the Igloo Backyard. If a puffle is in the backyard, their stats remain the same.
Type of Puffles