|Club Penguin Island|
|Developer||Disney Canada Inc.|
|Publisher||Disney Canada Inc.|
|Date released|| November 18, 2016 (closed beta, by invitation; iOS devices only)|
December 15, 2016 (geo-beta; Australia, New Zealand)
January 13, 2017 (public geo-beta; Canada; iOS devices only)
March 29, 2017 (worldwide release)
|“||Where your new adventures begin.||”|
— Club Penguin Island's official motto.
- Not to be confused with the island of original Club Penguin.
- For Club Penguin Island's domain, see ClubPenguinIsland.com.
Club Penguin Island (formerly referred to as Project: Super Secret until November 2016) is a mobile-based, massively multiplayer online role-playing game that was released worldwide on March 29, 2017. It is available in the App Store and Google Play store. The game replaced Club Penguin.
Pre-beta ("Project: Super Secret")
- Main article: Club Penguin Island/Pre-beta
Club Penguin Island was first mentioned in 2014 under the codename Project: Super Secret by Spike Hike and described as the "next big thing for CP and beyond". Many sneak peek videos and pictures were released pertaining to the project, beginning in June 2015.
On November 17, 2016, Project: Super Secret was officially revealed by Megg on the What's New Blog and the official website for Club Penguin Island was released. Here, players can pre-register their usernames for when the new game releases.
Pre-registering yields a Beta Hat, a set of six emojis, and 100 coins. Additionally, players have the option of connecting their Club Penguin usernames for use in Club Penguin Island. If this is done, pre-registering will also yield an Alumni Jacket, with a number on the back displaying how many years the connected Club Penguin account has existed.
According to issue #564 of the Club Penguin Times, the pre-registration period would end on February 15, 2017. However, issue #565 stated that it would end on February 16, 2017, instead.
Starting on November 18, 2016, selected players received invitations for the closed beta via email, which was only available to be played on iOS devices. On December 6, 2016, the beta test period came to an end, and all the players who were part of it will be able to keep their progress in the final game.
Release in Australia and New Zealand
The game was later released in Australia and New Zealand on December 15, 2016.
Release in Canada
The game was released on March 29, 2017.
A key feature in Club Penguin Island is the ability to create custom clothing items using a feature called the Clothing Customizer, using a blueprint as a base and fabrics and/or decals as optional design elements.
- Main article: Penguin Level
Penguin Level is a measurement of player progress that can be earned by completing Adventures and Daily Challenges, mentioned below. Every time a player reaches a new level, they receive a reward in the form of a pack, containing various items and new unlockable material. There are currently up to 12 levels in the game.
- Main article: Adventures
Mascots offer the player quests to complete, who reward them with coins, XP, and sometimes items upon completion. Currently Aunt Arctic offers 5 adventures and Rockhopper offers 10. A membership is required for all adventures except Aunt Arctic's first, "Ep. 1 - Leaky Landing", which is the introduction to the game. A certain rank is also required for each mascot's adventures: see Aunt Arctic's adventures here and Rockhopper's here. All adventures, except for "Ep. 1 - Leaky Landing", can be replayed after originally completed, but no reward will be given.
- Main article: Daily Challenges
Daily Challenges are tasks available every 24 hours (refreshing at midnight in PST) that the player can complete to earn coins and XP. There are always four different challenges available each day. There are two types of challenges: 'solo', which can be completed by one player alone, and 'community', which requires actions from other players as well. All four challenges are always available to be completed by members; the amount available to non-members varies each day, but there will always be at least one available.
- Main article: Party Supplies
Party Supplies are consumable items that can be bought at shops by members (either at the Welcome Shop, Disney Shop, Foodtrekker, SS Convenience, or Deep Sea Shop), and can be used, each with varying effects.
- Main article: Gear
Gear is a type of item that members can use to perform various actions.
- Main article: Collectibles
Scattered throughout the island are collectible items that can be exchanged for coins at the Beacon Boardwalk. Each collectible has a certain coin exchange rate, location where they are available, amount available per area, and respawn time after collecting.
- Beacon Boardwalk
- Water Slide
- Change Rooms
- The Migrator
- Coconut Cove
- The Sea Caves
- Race Course
- Party Submarine
- Throne Room
- Crab Den
- Glow Grotto
Actions and communication
- Main article: Quick Chat
Quick Chat is a feature that allows players to quickly communicate through using pre-defined phrases, as well as emojis. There are two different kinds of pre-defined phrases. The first kind are always available to use everywhere in the game, and are also accompanied by an animation that the player's penguin performs while the phrase is being said. The second kind are unique messages that are relative to the surroundings of the player's current location, but these do not produce an animation.
- Main article: Emojis
Emojis are faces and symbols that can be used to communicate with other players as well as help complete adventures and daily challenges. Emojis are divided into several sets, with each set requiring the player to unlock them before they can be used. Emojis can be accessed from either the Quick Chat menu or regular chat. The player may also use multiple emojis at a time per chat bubble, unlike in Club Penguin.
Players can send other players friend requests to add each other to their friends list. To confirm a friend request, the invited player must select the orange check mark box next to the requesting player's username. A friend request can be sent by selecting the 'add friend' button on another player's player card. Besides tapping on a player's penguin in-game to pull up their player card in order to send a friend request, there is a search bar in the friends list that allows you to search for any player by their username.
Loading screen messages
While the game is loading, there is a screen that shows a tour guide emoji and above it, one of the following messages. Messages appear for several seconds before changing to a different one, and which message appears is completely random.
|List of messages|
Worlds are identical copies of the game that are used to hold many players at once. When the player logs into Club Penguin Island, they are automatically placed in the first open server, in alphabetical order. The world the player is in can be changed in the options menu of the game.
Worlds with one asterisk (*) were added in the 1.0.1 update. Worlds with two (**) were added in the 1.1.1 update. Others were available since the initial beta release.
- Down Under*
- Snowball** (Snowball was available at beta launch, but was removed in the 1.0.1 update, and was brought back in 1.1.1)
- South Pole**
|Other language servers|
In Club Penguin Island, players can have their penguin be one of sixteen different colors. All are accessible through the game's menu, and can be changed at will.
|Name||Magenta||Purple||Dark blue||Light blue||Lime green||Yellow||Orange||Grey|
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
|1.0.0||December 15, 2016||Club Penguin Island app releases.||465|
|1.0.1||February 2, 2017||Minor bug fixes and optimized performance.||453|
|1.1.1||March 9, 2017||Disney Shop opened, Portuguese, French, and Spanish languages added, minor bug fixes.||498|
|1.1.2||March 29, 2017||Minor bug fixes.||432|
- Requires Android 4.4 or later.
|1.0.0||December 15, 2016||Club Penguin Island app releases.||191|
|1.0.1||January 27, 2017||Minor bug fixes and optimized performance.||207|
|1.1.1||February 28, 2017||Disney Shop opened, Portuguese, French, and Spanish languages added, minor bug fixes.||220|
|1.1.2||March 21, 2017||Minor bug fixes.||190|
- Items, coins and puffles are not transferable from the desktop version. Therefore, players will be able to get new emojis, clothes and items in the new game.
- Five servers (worlds) can be accessed in the game, which are: Avalanche, Blizzard, Coconut, Iceberg, and Snowball.
- After the update of version 1.0.1, the world Snowball was removed and 16 more worlds became available, totaling a number of 20 worlds.
- In the game files, it reads "Club Penguin Remix".
- Even though a lime green colored Smile Face emoji constantly appears in promotional images, the initial Disney logo screen for the app and even as the favicon of the official website, it is not available for players.
- To raise awareness for the app, a party was hosted on Club Penguin, called the Club Penguin Island Party.
- Main article: Club Penguin Island/Music
Names in other languages
Club Penguin Island
|Portuguese||Ilha do Club Penguin|
|French||L'Île de Club Penguin|
|Spanish||Isla de Club Penguin|
Project Super Secret
|French||Projet : Super Secret|
|German||Projekt: Streng Geheim|
|Russian||Проект “Большой секрет”|
- Official Website
- On iTunes (Australia, New Zealand and Canada)
- On Google Play (Australia and New Zealand)
- Island Insider - Episode 3
- Island Insider - Episode 5
- Island Insider - Episode 6
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/project-super-secret-revealed
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/island-insider-episode-7
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/club-penguin-island-closed-beta-qa
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/club-penguin-island-coming-soon-australia-and-new-zealand
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/club-penguin-island-now-available-australia-and-new-zealand
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/club-penguin-island-geo-beta-now-available-canada
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/announcement-club-penguin-island-worldwide-launch-date
- ↑ https://help.disney.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/What-can-I-bring-with-me-from-Club-Penguin?section=clubpenguinisland
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/whats-new/waddle-down-memory-lane-part-1