This article is about something that is no longer active in the Club Penguin universe.
|Where||Between the Snow Forts and the Forest|
|Opened|| February 24, 2006 (Members)|
February 27, 2006 (everyone)
April 17, 2014
(Club Penguin App)
|Renovated||December 6, 2012|
|Closed||March 30, 2017|
|Mini-games||Puffle Roundup (formerly)|
The Plaza was a main area in Club Penguin, located between the Snow Forts and the Forest. The room was home to the Puffle Park, Pet Shop, Puffle Hotel, Mall, and Pizza Parlor. It was formerly home to the Stage. It also featured paths leading to the Snow Forts and Forest, as well as a manhole leading to the Cave.
It was initially home to only the Pizza Parlor and (at the time unopened) Pet Shop, alongside Puffle Roundup. In May 2007, a path to the Forest was added. In November 2007, the Stage was added between the two previous buildings. In March 2013, the Puffle Hotel was built between the Pet Shop and Stage. In June 2015, the Stage closed permanently and was replaced by the Mall.
The first renovation was when the Stage was added between the Pizza Parlor and the Pet Shop. The second renovation happened as part of The Journey. The third renovation happened with the addition of the Puffle Hotel. The fourth renovation happened with the addition of the Puffle Park. The fifth and the most recent renovation is when the Stage was replaced with the Mall on June 4, 2015.
|Pizza Slice pin|
|Circus Tent pin|
|Little Rodentia Pin|
|Holiday Ornament Pin|
- During the Pizza Parlor Opening Party, there was a banner on the Pet Shop that said "Grand Opening March 17". This was because the Pet Shop would open on that date.
- During the April Fools' Party 2006, there was a small box of Red Propeller Caps.
- During the Underground Opening Party, there was a note on the side of the Manhole, indicating the Underground Opening Party is for members only.
- During the Summer Party, there were several palm trees and fire torches. There were also lanterns hanging around the buildings, a small pool, and an inflatable whale, turtle, and pool raft. You could obtain the Inflatable Duck in this room.
- During Sports Party, it was the domain room of Team Blue.
- During the Lightbulb Hunt, the beacon lightbulb was hidden here.
- During the Halloween Party 2006, it turned nighttime for the first time. Club Penguin had its first eclipse. There was a gate blocking the way of the Forest (because the Forest didn't exist at that time), there was a banner that said "Trick Or Treat!". There was a cauldron, several pumpkins scattered around and the buildings had pumpkin lights.
- During the Christmas Party 2006, there was a lot of snow because of the snowstorm. Christmas Lights were hanging around the buildings. An enormous Christmas Tree was placed between the Pet Shop and the Pizza Parlor (The Stage's spot in the near future). Players could obtain the Santa Beard in this room.
- During the Surprise Party, the Plaza was barely decorated with decorations. The Blue Puffle on the Pet Shop, was wearing a Cowboy Hat. There were two rocking horses tied up to a wooden fence. There was a long bucket filed with water that farmers in real life use to put water in, for their animals. There was also a crate full of Bandana.
- During the Submarine Party, Octi the octopus was hanging from the Pet Shop.
- During the St Patrick's Day parade in 2008, all of the buildings in the Plaza were painted green.
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, the building of the Pet Shop exterior looked like crayon-colored, the Pizza Parlor exterior looked very realistic and there were some Red and White balloons there. The HUD was replaced with a fake version, but it was also the HUD from before 2007.
- During Rockhopper's Arrival Party, the Sailor Hat could be obtained over there, with a red "X" over there.
- During the Medieval Party 2008, the buildings turned medieval except the Stage, the Stage looked normal.
- During the Water Party 2008, The Penguins That Time Forgot came to the Stage for the 1st time, there were some stands were you could get Iced Treats and Ice Creams and at the Plaza, you could obtain the Ice Cream Apron.
- During Music Jam 2008, the Stage Mask had the Marching Band Hat, the puffle at the Pet Shop had Elvis Hair and some sunglasses, the pizza at the Pizza Parlor had The Spikette hair, some sunglasses and a Red Electric Guitar, there were some Red and White balloons there and you could obtain the Music Jam T-Shirt.
- During the Penguin Games, the Plaza turned into the Blue Team's room, there were many blue balloons there, the puffle at the Pet Shop had a Blue Football Helmet and there was a marathon still going on over there.
- During the Halloween Party 2008, the sky turned dark, there was a cauldron over there and the buildings were shining, there were also few pumpkins over there and the buildings had some Halloween Lights
- During the Christmas Party 2008, there was a lot of snow, there were some cave tunnels just like in the Christmas Party 2006, there was a Coins for Change Donation Station, the puffle at the Pet Shop had a Santa Hat, there was a snow sculpture of a puffle, there were 2 Christmas Trees over there, you could obtain the Bell over there, there was a snowman over the Pizza Parlor and at last, there were some Christmas Lights at the buildings
- At the Winter Fiesta 2009, the blue puffle hanging from the Pet Shop was wearing a sombrero, and there was a box of puffle O's pinata and a pizza pinata.
- At the Puffle Party 2009, the Pet Shop looked like a circus, and the Pizza Parlor looked like a Scratch Tower.
- During the St. Patrick's Day Party 2009, everything was green, and there were shamrocks in the snow.
- During the Penguin Play Awards 2009, there was a red carpet, and the Stage was transformed into an award ceremony.
- During the Medieval Party 2009, it was decorated the same way as the Medieval Party 2008.
- During the Adventure Party, all of the buildings were tents, and trees surrounded them.
- During the Music Jam 2009, it was decorated similar to the Music Jam 2008, albeit minor changes.
- During the Festival of Flight, there were cloud decorations and balloons, and a box of Green Propeller Caps.
- During the Halloween Party 2009, the Pumpkin Antennae free item was put here. There was a cauldron, and the buildings glowed.
- During Sensei's Fire Scavenger Hunt, the sky was orange, and also tinted the Plaza orange.
- At the Holiday Party 2009, the buildings were transformed into more festive versions of themselves. The Pet shop became the "Reinpuffle Stables" and there was a Coins For Change Donation Station.
- During the Puffle Party 2010, it looked the same as Puffle Party 2009 with a new free item, the Puffle Hat.
- During the Penguin Play Awards 2010, it had lots of flashing cameras and the Pizza Parlor was jazzed up. The puffle on the sign of the Pet Shop was wearing a fancy bow tie.
- During the April Fools' Party 2010, the Plaza was not decorated at all, only different music was playing.
- During the Earth Day 2010, the Plaza turned dark green and plants were around. The Blue Puffle sign changed to green.
- During the Island Adventure Party 2010, the Plaza turned into a pirate place.
- During the Mountain Expedition, there were balloons everywhere in the Plaza.
- During the Halloween Party 2010, the Plaza has the same appearance as the Halloween Party 2009, only there is a different Stage Play, a different free item and there is a hidden candy in the pot.
- During the Holiday Party 2010, it was decorated the same way as the Holiday Party 2009.
- During the Wilderness Expedition 2011, there was a board announcing about the expedition.
- During the Puffle Party 2011, there was a free item located there, it was the Blue Skater Hat and it was presenting at the Stage, The Penguins that Time Forgot and days later, The Haunting of the Viking Opera returned at the Stage.
- During the construction of the new Pet Shop, there were some tools scattered outside, and the puffle on the Pet Shop had a Hard Hat.
- During the Earth Day 2011, there was a hut presenting a video, which it was for the Earth Day Party, the buildings turned green.
- During the construction of the Medieval Party 2011, there were some piles of hay, a sack on the side of them, some crates and the sign for the Pet Shop was found here as well.
- During the Medieval Party 2011, the buildings turned into medieval buildings. The Pet Shop became a stable.
- During Music Jam 2011, they were selling Fish Dogs, the puffle at the Pet Shop had some sunglasses and its hair looked like Elvis, the Pizza Parlor had some sunglasses and it had The Spikette hair.
- During the construction of the Island Adventure Party 2011, there was a barrel in the room. There were also several crates with tropical plants for the party.
- During the Island Adventure Party 2011, there were some Cream Soda laying there, some Tropical Palms were there also. It was similarly decorated as last year's Island Adventure Party 2010.
- During the Great Snow Race, there was a board announcing about it.
- During The Fair 2011, the puffle at the Pet Shop was moving, some Fish Dogs were found there, and the buildings were colorful.
- During the Halloween Party 2011, the buildings looked different, a board announcing the Haunted House was located there, and the puffle at the Pet Shop turned into a Green Puffle.
- During the construction of the Card-Jitsu Party 2011, there were several crates and there were some bamboo plants in a crate.
- During the Card-Jitsu Party 2011 it was transformed into a sort of water village.
- During Holiday Party 2011, the building's roofs were covered in snow, and two signs opened an invitation to Santa's Sled and to the Bakery.
- During the Underwater Expedition, the island titled because of the large amount of anvils Rookie ordered accidentally located at the Beach. There was a note to join the quest at the Beach.
- During Rockhopper's Quest, there was a note to join Rockhopper's Quest.
- During the Puffle Party 2012, unlike past years, the Plaza looked totally different.
- During Earth Day 2012, you could obtain the Safari Hat in this room.
- During the construction of the Medieval Party 2012, it was decorated the same way as last year. There were some pile of hay, some crates, a sack in the side of the hay, and the sign for the Pet Shop.
- During the Medieval Party 2012, it was similarly decorated as last year but this time, there was a stone well taking you to the Underground Pool. The Pet Shop transformed into a stable but was not decorated on the inside.
- During the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, the island transformed into a city. The Stage transformed into a police station and the Pizza Parlor transformed into a bank. You could access the Hero HQ and the Villain HQ in this room.
- During the construction of the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, there were several posters on the building walls, announcing Cadence's Concert at the Epic Show Stadium. There was a table with coffee, pizza and a bonsai tree for construction breaks, some pieces of wood, and some crates that would be used for the party. There was also a toolbox located here.
- During the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, it was nighttime. Unlike past Music Jam Parties, it looked very different this year. The buildings changed, with some neon signs on the buildings and some palm trees.
- During the Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit, it was similarly decorated as the Island Adventure Party 2010 and 2011. You could see a volcano in the background, some fruits scattered around, some crates with fruits in it, and some tropical plants and trees here. The puffle from the Pet Shop sign had a fruit headdress.
- During The Fair 2012, it was decorated the same as last year. The buildings were colorful, there were some balloons floating in the sky, confetti on the floor, and a note for the Great Puffle Circus.
- During the Halloween Party 2012, it was decorated the same as last year. It was nighttime with a storm. Some pumpkins were scattered around, the puffle from the Pet Shop sign turned into a Green Puffle and there was a note to access Gariwald's Haunted Mansion.
- During Operation: Blackout, there was a lot of snow here (similarly like the Christmas Party 2006 and 2008). There was a statue of Herbert and a tube transport to access the Secret HQ.
- During the Holiday Party 2012, it was decorated the same as last year. There was a note announcing the Bakery, a Coins for Change Donation Station, and some items a Frost Bite can freeze while throwing snowballs.
- During the Hollywood Party, it turned nighttime. The Stage has been transformed into the Awards Show and the buildings had neon on it. The Limo could be accessed on this room also.
- During the Puffle Party 2013, it was decorated similar as last year. The only difference was the Puffle Hotel.
- In the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2013, the Plaza had a police station and a bank. The Plaza transformed into a city.
- During the Card-Jitsu Party 2013, it turned the domain of the element of water.
- During the Teen Beach Movie Summer Jam, the room was tropical with palm trees and also decorated for Summer.
- During the Medieval Party 2013, the Plaza was the Ogre Village.
- During the Halloween Party 2013, you could play the Pumpkin Game here along with many other rooms. There was slime on the floor and it was nighttime.
- During the Holiday Party 2013, it was decorated the same way as the Holiday Party 2012, except with the Hotel.
- During the Prehistoric Party 2014, Rocky's Pizza opened foreshadowing the Pizza Parlor in the future.
- During The Fair 2014, the sky behind the buildings turned purple
- During the Muppets World Tour, the Plaza became the USA, and hosted the Muppet Theater, replacing the Stage. Between the Puffle Hotel and the Stage is the entrance to the Airport.
- During the Puffle Party 2014, the Stage was replaced by the Puffle Gala. Some decorations from the Puffle Party 2012 and 2013 returned.
- During the Penguin Cup, the Stage was replaced with the CPSN. The Blue Puffle from the Pet Shop sign was replaced with a blue soccer ball, there were several TVs in the CPSN exterior building, and there were many flags representing the teams upon the party.
- During the Frozen Party, the room was decorated like the grounds of Arendelle Castle along with the docks at the bottom. The room could be frozen by throwing magical snowballs at it.
- During the Halloween Party 2014, the room had very little differences compared to the Halloween Party 2013. The puffles on the puffle park entrance had their faces changed. The Trick Or Treat Pumpkin was gone from the central spiral and replaced with the manhole. The Puffle Hotel was built up to the top of the screen as well as green lights and a skeleton puffle symbol.
- During the Pirate Party 2014, the Plaza had a tribal warrior theme. Many parts of the room were made decorated from shipwrecked items like rope, a damaged ship and old planks of wood.
- During the Merry Walrus Party, the room was similar to the Holiday Party 2013, Holiday Party 2012 and Holiday Party 2011. The room was mainly colored light blue. There were also bells scattered on the buildings that were used in the Merry Walrus Party interface. The Stage was replaced with the Mall for the second time that year, the first was in the School & Skate Party.
- During the Star Wars Rebels Takeover, it was decorated like the planet Lothal. The Blue Puffle on the Pet Shop became a hologram.
- During the SoundStudio Party, it was decorated similar to the Hollywood Party, except with the Hotel and Park, and the Limo was stationary.
- During Pi Day, a large signpost was located at the right directing players to the Mine Shack where the event was happening.
- During the Puffle Party 2015, the Plaza was decorated the same way as previous Puffle Parties.
- During the Cave Maze, a large signpost which was located at the left, directed players to the Dock where the event was happening.
- During the Frozen Fever Party 2015, the Plaza was decorated the same way as the Frozen Party (2014).
- During the Rainbow Puffle Party, there was a cannon to the Cloud Forest, the puffle on the Pet Shop was a Rainbow Puffle, the buildings were on a cloud, the pizza on the Pizza Parlor had rainbow slices, the buildings were made out of clouds, the Stage was made out of lightning clouds, & everything else was rainbow-ified.
- During the Festival of Snow 2015, the Plaza showcased some statues which were selected fan art.
- During the 10th Anniversary Party, the Plaza was decorated the same way as it was during the Teen Beach Movie Summer Jam, with the addition of the Rookie MascBot, which replaced two lifting bars. Some bushes and trees were moved for the since added Puffle Park arch, and both the Stage and Ruby and the Ruby signs were replaced with the Mall sign.
- When the Plaza opened in February 2006, the Pizza Parlor was the only room open. The Pet Shop opened a few weeks later on March 17, 2006. There used to be two tables in the Plaza in between the Pizza Parlor and Pet Shop, but they were removed in November 2007 when The Stage was built.
- The Plaza was first put on the map on February 28, 2006, a day after it opened.
Names in other languages
Sources and References
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_screenhog/status/438798749913997312
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20090414235821if_/http://community.clubpenguin.com/blog/2006/02/Thanks-For-Your-Patience.php
- ↑ https://twitter.com/rocketsnail/status/834054083392708608
- ↑ https://twitter.com/rocketsnail/status/634781652049379329
|Pet Shop, Puffle Hotel, Puffle Park, Underground Pool||Mall, Stage (formerly)||Pizza Parlor|