This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
|Penguin Chat 3|
The logo of the game.
|ESRB rating||Not Rated|
|Date released||March 31, 2005 |
Were you looking for Penguin Chat?
You could also have been a construction worker. You would of had to click on the hook of the crane in the sky (the crane was behind a fence in the background) in the snowfields that were right of the Town to get the hard hat (players did not have player cards back then, so players did not really get a hard hat permanently, you just wore one). If you danced, you would be drilling the ground and if you went into the middle snow fields, you would be driving a Snow Cat, a special form of transportation forever immortalized when it was once shown on the wall of the Pizza Parlor, and is a Club Penguin pop culture top subject, but was only available on Penguin Chat 3. By the looks of the photos, when you became a construction penguin, you became Old Blue and you became a larger penguin similar to the Club Penguin penguin.
Toolbar/Chat bar Edit
The toolbar or "Chat bar", had more buttons than the current Club Penguin toolbar. Some buttons included: Tech Support (help), Jokes, '*Hide Toolbar Button (or more button), and others.
- The Penguin Chat 3 toolbar was higher in size, compared to the Club Penguin toolbar. It was divided into two halves (chat input field, which was located on the top of the toolbar, and the buttons, on the lower part of the tool bar). On the top section of the toolbar, their was a hide toolbar button. Which basically minimized the entire tool bar, thus only showing the chat input field.'
Here is what the toolbar looked like: 
Like Club Penguin, you could make an account on Penguin Chat 3 but you didn't have to activate your account.
Differences from Club PenguinEdit
Penguins changed their appearance slightly during the transition of PC3 to Club Penguin, although they retained the same cartoon concept. Penguins in Penguin Chat 3 used to be a bit more complex, there was a fair bit of bevel on them, colours were more realistic and darker and their body shape was a lot more pointy and less curved.
Unlike in Penguin Chat, PC3 did not have the igloo, pole, or snow area. It was believed for you to have spawned in the town, and be able to visit: Night Club, Boiler Room, Construction Site and Construction Hill.
Because Penguin Chat 3 was simply a chatworld, items and membership weren't available. There would not have been a point to membership because it was only to test the Club Penguin servers. Furthermore, membership wouldn't have had any benefit to any penguin in the game, because of the lack of fundamentals to provide membership privileges anyway.
Some music from Penguin Chat 3 is also in Club Penguin now. The reggae music from the Club Penguin Coffee Shop was originally in the PC3 Coffee Shop and in the Night Club, it would play a random song.
- DJ Maxx appears on Penguin Chat 3. 
- What people do not know about Penguin Chat, is that PC2 and PC3 are different, the remake people see is PC2, Penguin Chat 3 files have not been recovered.
- Many things from Penguin Chat 3 are in Club Penguin, as it was its predecessor.
- Penguin Chat 3 was created to test the Club Penguin servers because the old Club Penguin servers ran on PHP.
- Happy77 was seen as a snail in Penguin Chat.
- People have made remakes of PC3, but not everything was available.
- According to a recent blog made by Rsnail in RocketSnail Games, Penguin Chat 3 will not return.
- Penguin Chat 3 was officially closed on October 28, 2005, 4 days after Club Penguin was released and could be played forever.
- The Gift Shop was in PC3 for players to order real-life t-shirts with real money.
Gallery of Penguin Chat PicturesEdit
- http://jamesservices.no-ip.org/pchat/chat-livetest.swf?build=1 (Large Screen)
- http://jamesservices.no-ip.org/pchat/ (Small Screen)
- To chat you must register.