Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Not the article you were looking for? Check the disambiguation page.
|Position||Masters of the Elements|
|Clothes Items||Varies (included Ninja Suit, Ninja Mask, Black Belt, Cloud Wave Bracers, etc.)|
A Ninja is a master of the art of Card-Jitsu. They are skilled enough to defeat Sensei, a master of the game in his own right. Previously, Ninja Hideout was the hideout for ninjas until its closure in May 2013. During Card-Jitsu Parties it is implied that a new ninja hideout, Ninja Headquarters was a temporary 'hideout'.
October 2008 and earlier
Before October 2008, ninjas were nothing more than rumors. Their only previous appearance were in Penguin Chat 3- when pressing the letter "N" in the "N" in "Choose your penguin's color" menu, and in the old homepage- when pressing the letter "N" in Club Penguin's logo. There were about 1,000 ninjas in Penguin Chat 3.
According to the Card-Jitsu Saga, ninjas were not always trained in Card-Jitsu. They were trained in large groups, and they controlled the elements around them. After an incident regarding the apparent death of his friend Tusk, Sensei began creating Card-Jitsu to train ninjas better, and all ninja training ceased. Training restarted in November 2008. He subsequently began training ninjas in individual elements to prepare to battle Tusk, who was confirmed at some point to be alive.
On November 3, 2008, when Dig Out the Dojo was taking place, a poster saying "Ninja" was seen when clicking all the lightbulbs at the Dojo. On November 14, 2008 ninjas were confirmed to be real by The Penguin Times. On November 17, 2008, as Card-Jitsu was released, it was first possible to become one.
History by date
|November 3, 2008||Lightning hits the Dojo; the Dig Out the Dojo project begins.|
|November 14, 2008||Dojo Grand Re-opening|
|November 17, 2008||Card-Jitsu is released and ninja training begins.|
|September 14, 2009||Weird activity begins in the volcano, causing a storm during the Halloween Party 2009.|
|November 13, 2009||Ninjas started making amulets.|
|November 20, 2009||Construction ends.|
|November 24, 2009||Card-Jitsu Fire is released.|
|October 28, 2010||It starts to rain for the first time on the island, revealing the element of water.|
|November 16, 2010||Construction for the Water Dojo begins.|
|November 23, 2010||Construction ends and Card-Jitsu Water is released.|
|November 24, 2011||A red carpet and element tiles are added above Ninja Hideout.|
|November 24, 2011||The Ninja Hideout is opened for all players. Card-Jitsu Fire and Card-Jitsu Water no longer require owning a certain belt.|
|May 9, 2013||A snowstorm begins, and Card-Jitsu Fire and Water are opened to Non-Members.|
|May 16, 2013||The Dojo Courtyard is struck by an avalanche.|
|May 23, 2013||The snow from the avalanche is cleared. The Dojo Courtyard gets a renovation and the Ninja Hideout is closed. Card-Jitsu Snow is now available for all players.|
Many traces of ninjas have been spotted all over the island. Here are some:
- The mirror at the Ski Lodge.
- In the Mine, a bit of rock will form the shape of a penguin face. If you look carefully, the holes in the rock looks like penguin eyes and the beak is shown as a bigger rock. As the rocks uses slight different shades of grey, looking really closely you can even see a line that shows the white part of the body.
- A ninja shadow can be seen near the pile of nets at the Lighthouse.
- On the old homepage, if you clicked then 'N' of Nightclub, a penguin in the image would turn black and a ninja mask would suddenly appear on him.
- In the old PSA HQ, on the big wall of screen monitors, there used to be old blue pictures of penguins on the monitors. On the Dojo screen, the penguins were on the wall.
- In the Dojo, since November 2011, ninja shadows appear behind the windows every 5 seconds.
- Behind the clothes hunger in the old Gift Shop, a black shadow was underneath one of the clothes hangers. If you waited, you could see a shadow ran with it.
- On August 31, 2005, Rsnail confirmed that ninjas would come eventually.
- During construction to "Dig Out the Dojo", if you clicked the lightbulbs on the stairs to the roof from left to right and then clicked the poster, the poster would spell Ninja and would show a picture of a Ninja.
- The 172nd edition of the Penguin Times said that they are peace-loving penguins and big fans of the arts.
- They typically wear a black suit, black belt and black face mask, and can become semitransparent by dancing whilst wearing this.
- Before they were introduced onto Club Penguin, websites would constantly claim about the shadows which would be found in the Ski Lodge, Lighthouse and various other places across the island. Many of the common ninja hiding places were turned into reality just before ninjas appeared in November 2008 (clicking on a ninja-shaped mirror reflection, for instance, would animate the shadow and make it disappear).
- In November 2008, there were to be ninjas jumping from the sky and bouncing away. This one used to come every 5 minutes at the Town, HQ, Ski Hill, and the Plaza. After they became available, these mysterious penguins vanished. The ninja at the Lighthouse is still there.
- During the Card-Jitsu Party 2011, jumping ninjas returned at the Dojo.
- The Ninjas from Penguin Chat 3 used to carry a sword on their back, resembling real ninjas, but however, the Sword did not return on Club Penguin, but in Medieval Party 2012, an item called Thunder Blade was released, which is a sword, so Penguins use the Thunder Blade. Penguins can also use the Sif's Sword, released at the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2013.
- Fire Ninjas, Water Ninjas and Snow Ninjas can change the weather by having 4 penguins dancing with the same element suit.
- There is a Club Penguin staff member named Ninja.
- Each Ninja element has its own strength and weakness.
- On the original Club Penguin 2005 homepage, if you clicked the letter "N" from the logo, a ninja will appear and vanish after a second.
- There are ninjas that are also trained in the art of Kendo (sword fighting), who wear the Kendo Suit, available in the May 2013 issue of the Club Penguin Magazine.
- Each Card-Jitsu game represents a real life skill that ninjas use. Balance, Tactical Skill, Speed, Strength, and Stealth. The original Card-Jitsu game was all about balance between the elements. Fire cancelled out Snow, Snow cancelled out Water, and Water cancelled out Fire. Card-Jitsu Water is a race to the gong, and requires quick thinking to get rid of the obstacles in your path. Card-Jitsu Fire is Tactical, as it requires following the tiles to choose the right element, and thinking like the opponent, to use their strategy against them. Card-Jitsu Snow represents Strength, as it is about using your ninja's strength to defeat the Snowman Enemies, and different attacks having different strength. And finally, whatever Card-Jitsu Shadow is like, it has to represent stealth, as Shadow Ninjas "disappear" into the "Shadows," much like a real ninja. Real Ninjas outsmarted their targets, were very quick, were very strong, and very stealthy.
- In Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force, a penguin in the Dance Lounge says that he was told that if he stood there for half an hour he would become a ninja.
- A picture of a ninja appears in the renovated Lodge Attic on a bulletin board.
- Ninja clothing items were ready for release as soon as Club Penguin launched on October 24, 2005, but were postponed due to players wanting pets for their penguins.
Ninjas in Club Penguin
Ninjas around Club Penguin
Ninjas around Penguin Chat 3
Sources and References