|Never Wake a Sleeping Sensei|
|Characters||Sensei, The Four Ninjas, The Aqua Penguin|
|Release Date||December 3, 2011|
Never Wake a Sleeping Sensei is a Club Penguin Animated Short episode, the first episode of season one and the first episode overall. This was first aired on December 3, 2011. It features four ninjas working together to keep Sensei safe, as they think he is sleepwalking, but he really isn't. It was just a test to get the ninja to work together instead of fighting. The episode aired on Disney XD and Disney Channel.
It starts with a zoom-out shot of the Dojo. Four ninjas are playing Card Jitsu. One accidentally hits Sensei in the face with a snowball. Sensei wipes the snow off his face, and tells the ninjas that they must learn how to work as a team without fighting with each other. He then takes a nap. Later, The red ninja find out that Sensei is sleepwalking. The yellow ninja tries to wake Sensei up with a gong, but the dark blue ninja tells her that if you wake a sleeping Sensei, you will cause an explosion.
As Sensei leaves the Dojo, the ninjas scramble out the door to avoid him from walking off a cliff. The ninjas make a bridge across the cliff, and Sensei safely crosses it. The yellow penguin's head gets stomped on by Sensei as he heads into town. Sensei sleepwalks into the Plaza, and then into the Pizza Parlor, where he almost walks into the Pizza Oven while there is a fiery inferno inside it. The penguins make Sensei turn around and head out the door.
Sensei finally makes his way back to his cushion in the Dojo. The blue and red ninjas high five each other, and Sensei winks, revealing that he was awake the whole time, making the ninjas work together to keep him safe.
Yellow Ninja: I've got this!
Blue Ninja: Wait! Never wake a sleeping Sensei, EVER!
Red Ninja: FACE THE FURY OF FIRE!
Blue Ninja: WATER BEATS FIRE!
Yellow Ninja: SNOW SMASHES!... (snowball hits Sensei's face) Uh-oh.
Green Ninja: (Gasps) It's Sensei!
Sensei: Your skills are impressive, but to become a true ninja, you must learn to work as a team. (yellow penguin shoves snow in blue penguin's face) Much to learn...Yellow Ninja: (points to blue penguin) It's your fault!
Red Ninja: Shhhh!
The Aqua Penguin: Check please!
- This is the first time in Club Penguin history where you can hear a character's voice.
- This was the first time you could hear Sensei's voice, but his voice actor is not credited.
- This is the first ever Club Penguin Animated Short episode, and the first video ever to feature penguins speaking.
- Sensei's cushion, bucket & Card Jitsu stand appears in the center side rather than more to the right side.
- There is a hanging scroll that indicates waking Sensei (Or any other Sensei, or Master of Card Jitsu as they're also known as) in his sleep will cause an explosion, or something to similar effect.
- The Four Ninjas are playing Card Jitsu, but no cards were seen during the short.
- Sensei breaks the fourth wall by looking toward the camera & winks at the end.
- At 1:12, the Red Ninja doesn't have his Black Belt on.
- The Brazilian version was released on Youtube in February 28, 2013, almost 1 year after the english version was released. It was probably released in that day to celebrate the Card Jitsu Snow beta testing, which was released in the following day.
- In the thumbnail for the video, the penguins are chasing after the Sensei, while he is at the edge. In the video, they jump past him farther ahead and are able to stack up and make a penguin bridge.
- The Yellow Ninja is the only female ninja in the video.
|None||Never Wake a Sleeping Sensei||Best Seat In The House→|