|Club Penguin App|
|Released||May 9, 2013|
|Supported Devices|| iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod Touch, and iPhone (officially)|
iPad 1 (unofficially)
The Club Penguin App (formerly called My Penguin) is a free mobile application for Club Penguin, fully released on May 9, 2013. The app is compatible with all versions of the iPad™, with the exception of the first generation iPad™. Also, you need iOS 6 or above to have the app. The only languages at the time are English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Russian. Club Penguin plans on making it work in more languages and on more devices soon (such as Android™), confirmed by Spike Hike in a blog post. It was released on iPhone™ and iPod™ Wednesday 16 April 2014. Spike Hike has stated that it will take at least 6 months or so to get the app on Android™.
Since then, players have been able to play two exclusive mini-game, decorate their igloos, chat with their friends, adopt puffles and see their penguins in a new, more detailed 3D penguin avatar.
- Edit Penguin: Can edit your penguin's clothing.
- Friends List: Brings up your Friend list, and allows you to throw a snowball at your friends. You can also accept or deny friend requests through the app.
- Penguin Style: Can buy clothes from a Penguin Style catalog, including mobile exclusive items.
- Blog: Can read the latest posts from the What's New Blog.
- Videos: Can watch the latest videos from Club Penguin's YouTube channel. Was removed in version 1.2.
- Games: Can play Club Penguin minigames such as Puffle Rescue, Puffle Roundup, Ice Fishing, Pufflescape, Sushi Drop, Card-Jitsu Snow, Jetpack Boost, Bean Counters, Pizzatron 3000, and Smoothie Smash.
- 3D artwork: A new type of penguin sprite was shown in WaddleOn Episode 6, and in the corner a small print stated "My Penguin footage shown." This sprite is seen when waddling around in igloos. It took the team one year to make every single item in 3D.
- Igloos: Can edit and visit other igloos.
- Rooms: Can visit rooms on the island such as the Town Center, Coffee Shop, Dance Club, Clothes Shop, Dock, Beach, Lighthouse, Beacon, Snow Forts and Mine Shack.
- Jump to Friend: Can Jump to Friends by clicking on their player card and then clicking on a little curvy arrow.
- Main article: List of Exclusive Clothing in Club Penguin (app)
Countries that currently have this app
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
Official iTunes Description
The popular virtual world of Club Penguin comes alive on the go!
Play 6 exciting games, customize unique penguin looks, unlock mobile exclusives, and stay connected to friends and the action at clubpenguin.com.
GlitchesThese are glitches found in the different versions of the app. Unless otherwise stated, each glitch has NOT been fixed.
- Some of the item files have not been added to the game.
- The Amulet does not show your Card-Jitsu status.
- When you edit your player card, the items appear but your penguin does not.
- Sometimes if you try to throw a snowball it would not work.
- Sometimes your Friend List would not work right.
- There was a glitch where you could get 1,000,000 coins on Club penguin using the app. This link shows how.
- There was a white gap in the shape of a stripe between the MEMBER Badge and the stripes.
- In the penguin style and better igloos catalog, you cannot get the secret items
- In version 1.1, the words 'MEMBER' do not show up on your playercard.
- If you go to an igloo, it lets you say numbers and special characters which you can't use online (like @, #, ^, %, -, etc.)
- Many new items like the Yellow Hoodie (unlockable Version) and an old item, the Fish Dog Vendor Pouch is invisible in-game.
- Sometimes when you change your outfit, it doesn't change.
- If you enter to any room and tap anywhere very shortly after you entered, your penguin will go to this place super fast.
- When loading clothing items in game, the penguin will turn blue or silver.
Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular.
Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
- Category: Games
- Released: April 17, 2014
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 80.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian
- Seller: Walt Disney
- © 2014 Disney
- Rated 4+
|1.0||May 9, 2013||My Penguin App release.||44.0|
|1.1||June 6, 2013||Added Card-Jitsu Snow, more levels to Pufflescape and Puffle Rescue, and bug fixes.||37.3|
|1.1.1||June 21, 2013||Added new catalog items, fixed music/sound issues for Card-Jitsu Snow, improved stability for the app, and corrected localization errors.||37.4|
|1.2||August 29, 2013||Added 3D penguin avatar sprites, igloo editing, igloo visiting, Jetpack Boost and Bean Counters.||74.3|
|1.2.1||September 16, 2013||General stability fixes for friends and player cards, and igloo editor now displays quantity of items.||70.9|
|1.3||December 12, 2013||Added 4 new rooms Town Center, Coffee Shop, Dance Club and Clothes Shop for penguins to waddle and play. Pizzatron 3000 and Smoothie Smash were also added to play.||76.9|
|1.4||April 17, 2014||Blue Border Collie and Orange Tabby Cat were added along with The Plaza, Puffle Park, Pet Shop and Puffle Hotel. iPhone and iPod Touch version of the app was released.||80.9|
|1.4.1||May 8, 2014||Bug Fixes and Improvements||80.6|
|1.5||August 21, 2014||Introduction of parties (Frozen Party)||81.3|
- When you play a game, you can earn coins, which are synced with your penguin
- .If you have a friend who is playing this app they will appear online.
- It was confirmed by Spike Hike at first it will be only for the iPad at first, but it will be available for other smartphones soon.
- Playing games will grant the player a sushi for a turn in the game, Sushi Drop. The player can collect money depending on where the Sushi ends up and a premium item (however that is rarer as sushi will usually just give you 150 to 700 coins by default).
- The Premium items are mostly older items which have returned.
- The app reached very high spots on the app charts reaching #1 in Canada, #2 in the UK and USA.
- Mysterious files were found inside the App's code.
- The Application will include App purchases meaning that you may have to pay for certain features. The App has code referring to Igloos, Gift Cards, Messages, some sort of new Color and a news feed. There are text in the code that read: "CP Times", "You unlocked an exclusive color", "Choose the ignore button to hide their messages" Also, strings reading "You can Report Penguins". Alternative languages were also found in the App.
- Oddly, you get to remove any mascots you became friends with on your buddy list.
- With access to the source of the app and Xcode, after putting together the files of the app into the Xcode project you now have a finished app source which has yet to be compiled.
- The person behind the hit apps Where's My Water? and Where's My Perry? is the head of the mobile team who created this app.
- Boba Fett's helmet and costume was exclusive to the app for the Star Wars Takeover.
- A new penguin model for My Penguin was shown in WaddleOn Episode 6, possibly for version 1.2, despite the Igloo blocks on the logo.
- This was confirmed in a blog post by Spike Hike on August 19, 2013.
- The song Party In My Iggy was released for the 1.2 update.
- Server Jumping was launched on a My Penguin update, confirmed by Spike Hike, though it is called Jump to Friend, because the app does not have servers.
- Polo Field confirmed that, in the version 1.4 update, puffles will come to the app.
- However, you cannot access the Puffle Backyard.
- Main article: My Penguin Release Party
Sources and References
- ↑ http://clubpenguinmemories.com/2013/05/my-penguin-app-files-give-hints-of-whats-to-come-card-jitsu-snow-game-igloo-editing-and-lots-more/
- ↑ http://clubpenguinmemories.com/2013/07/club-penguin-removes-puffle-launch-from-the-app-store/#comment-176202
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/blog/2013/08/video-new-my-penguin-avatar-sneak-peek
- ↑ http://clubpenguincp.com/2013/09/28/club-penguins-spike-hike-answers-your-questions/
- The Apple iTunes Download Page
- Iphone and Ipod Touch version confirmation
- Android version confirmation