|Club Penguin App|
|Released||May 9, 2013 (iPad™), April 16, 2014 (iPhone™ and iPod™), December 18, 2014 (Android™) |
|Supported Devices||iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod Touch, iPhone, and Android|
The Club Penguin App (formerly called My Penguin) is a free mobile application for Club Penguin, fully released on May 9, 2013. The app is compatible with any device with at least iOS 6. The only languages at the moment are English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Russian. It was released on iPhone™ and iPod™ Wednesday, 16 April, 2014. In addition, it was also released for Android devices in December 18, 2014.
The game features as a mobile adaption to Club Penguin, allowing its players to be able to play two exclusive mini-games, decorate their igloos, chat with their friends, adopt puffles, and see their penguins in a new, more detailed 3D penguin avatar.
- Edit Penguin: Can edit your penguin's clothing.
- Friends List: Brings up your Friend list, and allows you to throw a snowball at your friends. You can also accept or deny friend requests through the app.
- Penguin Style: Can buy clothes from a Penguin Style catalog, including mobile exclusive items.
- Blog: Can read the latest posts from the What's New Blog.
- Videos: Can watch the latest videos from Club Penguin's YouTube channel. Was removed in version 1.2.
- Games: Can play Club Penguin minigames such as Puffle Rescue, Puffle Roundup, Ice Fishing, Pufflescape, Sushi Drop, Card-Jitsu Snow, Jetpack Boost, Bean Counters, Pizzatron 3000, and Smoothie Smash.
- 3D artwork: A new type of penguin sprite was shown in WaddleOn Episode 6, and in the corner a small print stated "My Penguin footage shown." This sprite is seen when waddling around in igloos. It took the team one year to make every single item in 3D.
- Igloos: Can edit and visit other igloos.
- Rooms: Can visit rooms on the island such as the Town Center, Coffee Shop, Dance Club, Clothes Shop, Dock, Beach, Lighthouse, Beacon, Snow Forts, Pizza Parlor, Skatepark, and Mine Shack.
- Jump to Friend: Can Jump to Friends by clicking on their player card and then clicking on a little curvy white arrow.
- Main article: List of Exclusive Clothing in Club Penguin (app)
Countries that currently have this app
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- UAE (United Arab Emirates)
- United Kingdom
- United States
Official iTunes Description
The popular virtual world of Club Penguin comes alive on the go!
Play 6 exciting games, customize unique penguin looks, unlock mobile exclusives, and stay connected to friends and the action at clubpenguin.com.
GlitchesThese are glitches found in the different versions of the app. Unless otherwise stated, each glitch has NOT been fixed.
- Some of the item files have not been added to the game.
- The Amulet does not show your Card-Jitsu status.
- When you edit your player card, the items appear but your penguin does not.
- Sometimes if you try to throw a snowball it would not work.
- Sometimes your Friend List would not work right.
- There was a glitch where you could get 1,000,000 coins on Club penguin using the app. This link shows how.
- There was a white gap in the shape of a stripe between the MEMBER Badge and the stripes.
- In the penguin style and better igloos catalog, you cannot get the secret items
- In version 1.1, the words 'MEMBER' do not show up on your playercard.
- If you go to an igloo, it lets you say numbers and special characters which you can't use online (like @, #, ^, %, -, etc.)
- Many new items like the Yellow Hoodie (unlockable Version) and an old item, the Fish Dog Vendor Pouch is invisible in-game.
- Sometimes when you change your outfit, it doesn't change.
- If you enter to any room and tap anywhere very shortly after you entered, your penguin will go to this place very quickly.
- When loading clothing items in game, the penguin will turn blue or silver.
Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular.
Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
- Category: Games
- Released: May 9, 2013
- Updated: December 18, 2014
- Version: 1.5.4
- Size: 81.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian
- Seller: Walt Disney
- © 2014 Disney
- Rated 4+
|1.0||May 9, 2013||My Penguin App release.||44.0|
|1.1||June 6, 2013||Added Card-Jitsu Snow, more levels to Pufflescape and Puffle Rescue, and bug fixes.||37.3|
|1.1.1||June 21, 2013||Added new catalog items, fixed music/sound issues for Card-Jitsu Snow, improved stability for the app, and corrected localization errors.||37.4|
|1.2||August 29, 2013||Added 3D penguin avatar sprites, igloo editing, igloo visiting, Jetpack Boost and Bean Counters.||74.3|
|1.2.1||September 16, 2013||General stability fixes for friends and player cards, and igloo editor now displays quantity of items.||70.9|
|1.3||December 12, 2013||Added 4 new rooms Town Center, Coffee Shop, Dance Club and Clothes Shop for penguins to waddle and play. Pizzatron 3000 and Smoothie Smash were also added to play.||76.9|
|1.4||April 17, 2014||Blue Border Collie and Orange Tabby Cat were added along with The Plaza, Puffle Park, Pet Shop and Puffle Hotel. The iPhone and iPod Touch versions of the app were released.||80.9|
|1.4.1||May 8, 2014||Bug Fixes and Improvements||80.6|
|1.5||August 21, 2014||Introduction of parties (Frozen Party)||81.3|
|1.5.2||October 24, 2014||Party quest added for Halloween Party 2014||81.9|
|1.5.4||December 18, 2014||Party quest added for Merry Walrus Party||81.6|
- When you play a game, you can earn coins, which are synced with your penguin.
- If you have a friend who is playing this app they will appear online.
- It was confirmed by Spike Hike at first it will be only for the iPad at first, but it will be available for other smartphones soon.
- Playing games will grant the player a sushi for a turn in the game, Sushi Drop. The player can collect coins depending on where the sushi ends up, and an rarely an item.
- The app reached very high spots on the app charts reaching #1 in Canada, #2 in the UK and USA.
- Unused files were found inside the app's code, including code for "Gift Cards", "Messages", a "News Feed", and even a color. Many different unused languages were also found.
- Oddly, you can remove mascots you became friends with on your Buddy List from this app.
- The person behind the hit apps Where's My Water? and Where's My Perry? is the head of the mobile team who created this app.
- The new penguin model used in this app was first shown in WaddleOn Episode 6.
- This was confirmed in a blog post by Spike Hike on August 19, 2013.
- The song Party In My Iggy was released for the 1.2 update.
- Server Jumping was launched on an update for this app, confirmed by Spike Hike, though it is called Jump to Friend, because the app does not have servers.
- Puffles were first added in the version 1.4 update.
- If you throw a snowball in a room where the snowball changes to something else, such as a water balloon or food, the snowball will not change.
- The Android version dosn't have Card-Jitsu Snow in it.
- Main article: My Penguin Release Party
- Main article: Club Penguin (app)/Gallery
Sources and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.clubpenguin.com/blog/2014/12/whats-coming-december-2014
- ↑ http://clubpenguinmemories.com/2013/05/my-penguin-app-files-give-hints-of-whats-to-come-card-jitsu-snow-game-igloo-editing-and-lots-more/
- ↑ http://clubpenguinmemories.com/2013/07/club-penguin-removes-puffle-launch-from-the-app-store/#comment-176202
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/blog/2013/08/video-new-my-penguin-avatar-sneak-peek
- ↑ http://clubpenguincp.com/2013/09/28/club-penguins-spike-hike-answers-your-questions/
- The Apple iTunes Download Page
- Iphone and Ipod Touch version confirmation
- Android version confirmation
- Android version launching date confirmation