|Released||May 9, 2013|
|Latest version||1.2.9299 (found in metadata of app)|
|Supported Devices|| iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini (officially)|
iPad 1 (unofficially)
My Penguin is a free mobile application for Club Penguin, fully released on May 9, 2013. The app is compatible with all versions of the iPad™, with the exception of the iPad 1™. Also, you need iOS 5 or above to have the app. The only languages at the time are English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish. Club Penguin plans on making it work in more languages and on more devices soon (such as Android™), confirmed by Spike Hike in a blog post.
Since then, players have been able to play exclusive mini-games, decorate their igloos, chat with their friends, and see their penguins in a new, more realistic 3D penguin avatar.
- Edit Penguin: Can edit your penguin's clothing.
- Friends List: Brings up your Friend list, and allows you to throw a snowball at your friends. You can also accept or deny friend requests through the app.
- Penguin Style: Can buy clothes from a Penguin Style catalog, including mobile exclusive items.
- Blog: Can read the latest posts from the What's New Blog.
- Videos: Can watch the latest videos from Club Penguin's YouTube channel. Was removed in version 1.2.
- Games: Can play Club Penguin minigames such as Puffle Rescue, Puffle Roundup, Ice Fishing, Pufflescape, Sushi Drop, Card-Jitsu Snow, Jetpack Boost, and Bean Counters.
- 3D artwork: A new type of penguin sprite was shown in WaddleOn Episode 6, and in the corner a small print stated "My Penguin footage shown." This sprite is seen when waddling around in igloos. It took the team one year to make every single item in 3D.
- Igloos: Can edit and visit other igloos.
- Main article: List of Exclusive Clothing in My Penguin
Countries that have this app
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Saudi Arabia
Official iTunes Description
The popular virtual world of Club Penguin comes alive on the go!
Play 6 exciting games, customize unique penguin looks, unlock mobile exclusives, and stay connected to friends and the action at clubpenguin.com.
GlitchesThese are glitches found in the different versions of the app. Unless otherwise stated, each glitch has NOT been fixed.
- Some of the item files have not been added to the game.
- The Amulet does not show your Card-Jitsu status.
- When you edit your player card, the items appear but your penguin does not.
- Sometimes if you try to throw a snowball it would not work.
- Sometimes your Friend List would not work right.
- There was a glitch where you could get 1,000,000 coins on Club penguin using the app. This link shows how.
- There was a white gap in the shape of a stripe between the MEMBER Badge and the stripes.
- In the penguin style and better igloos catalog, you cannot get the secret items
- In version 1.1, the words 'MEMBER' do not show up on your playercard.
- If you go to an igloo, it lets you say numbers and special characters which you can't use online (like @, #, ^, %, -, etc.)
- Many new items like the Yellow Hoodie (Club Penguin Magazine Version) and an old item, the Fish Dog Vendor Pouch is invisible in-game.
- Sometimes when you change your outfit, it doesn't change.
Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular.
Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
- Category: Games
- Released: June 06, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 37.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Walt Disney
- © 2012 Disney
- Rated 4+
|1.0||May 9, 2013||My Penguin App release.||44.0|
|1.1||June 6, 2013||Added Card-Jitsu Snow, more levels to Pufflescape and Puffle Rescue, and bug fixes.||37.3|
|1.1.1||June 21, 2013||Added new catalog items, fixed music/sound issues for Card-Jitsu Snow, improved stability for the app, and corrected localization errors.||37.4|
|1.2||August 29, 2013||Added 3D penguin avatar sprites, igloo editing, igloo visiting, Jetpack Boost and Bean Counters.||74.3|
|1.2.1||September 16, 2013||General stability fixes for friends and player cards, and igloo editor now displays quantity of items.||70.9|
- When you play a game, you can earn coins, and you are able to transfer them to your online account.
- If you have a buddy who is playing My Penguin they will appear online.
- It was confirmed by Spike Hike at first it will be only for the iPad at first, but it will be available for other iOS devices and other smartphones soon.
- Playing games will grant the player a sushi for a turn in the game, Sushi Drop. The player can collect money depending on where the Sushi ends up and a premium item (however that is rarer as sushi will usually just give you 150 to 700 coins by default).
- The Premium items are mostly older items what have returned.
- The app reached very high spots on the app charts reaching #1 in Canada, #2 in the UK, and #2 in the U.S.
- Mysterious files were found inside the Apps code.
- The Application will include App purchases meaning that you may have to pay for certain features. The App has code referring to Igloos, Gift Cards, Messages, some sort of new Color and a news feed. There are text in the code that read: "CP Times", "You unlocked an exclusive color", "Choose the ignore button to hide their messages" Also, strings reading "You can Report Penguins". Alternative languages were also found in the App.
- My Penguin Version 1.1 is in development as revealed in a tweet by Spike Hike .
- This was backed up on May 27, 2013 when on this post on Babble it was confirmed that Version 1.1 would be released on June 6, 2013. The new updates will include Card-Jitsu Snow being added to the games section, the underwater levels in Puffle Rescue will be added, and five new Pufflescape levels will be added, including the giant O'Berry level.
- There was also a post on the What's New Blog here about them "refulling" an old game onto My Penguin.
- Spike Hike made a post on the What's New Blog here confirming that Card-Jitsu Snow would be in My Penguin 1.1, along with the rest of the levels of Pufflescape and Puffle Rescue.
- Oddly, you get to remove any mascots you became friends with on your buddy list.
- With access to the source of the app and Xcode, after putting together the files of the app into the Xcode project you now have a finished app source which has yet to be compiled.
- The person behind the hit apps Where's My Water? and Where's My Perry? is the head of the mobile team who created this app. 
- Boba Fett's helmet and costume are exclusive to the app for the Star Wars Takeover.
- A new penguin sprite for My Penguin was shown in WaddleOn Episode 6, possibly for version 1.2, despite the Igloo blocks on the logo.
- This was confirmed in a blog post by Spike Hike on August 19, 2013. 
- The song Party In My Iggy was released for the 1.2 update.
- Server Jumping will be launched on the next My Penguin update, confirmed by Spike Hike.
- In version 1.3 of My Penguin, there will be four rooms you will be able to visit, and My Penguin will be renamed "Club Penguin". The Town will be the first room launched, and two games will also be released in this version.
- Main article: My Penguin Release Party
Sources and References
- ↑ http://clubpenguinmemories.com/2013/05/my-penguin-app-files-give-hints-of-whats-to-come-card-jitsu-snow-game-igloo-editing-and-lots-more/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SpikeHikeCP/status/336534090570416129
- ↑ http://clubpenguinmemories.com/2013/07/club-penguin-removes-puffle-launch-from-the-app-store/#comment-176202
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/blog/2013/08/video-new-my-penguin-avatar-sneak-peek
- ↑ http://clubpenguincp.com/2013/09/28/club-penguins-spike-hike-answers-your-questions/
- ↑ http://www.clubpenguin.com/blog/2013/11/next-big-update-club-penguin-ipad
- ↑ https://twitter.com/clubpenguin/status/405067640177053696/photo/1
- The Apple iTunes Download Page
- Iphone and Ipod Touch version confirmation
- Android version confirmation