There are various types of music that are played in most areas of Club Penguin. Some rooms always have music, like the Pizza Parlor, while sometimes rooms have music for special occasions only. Igloos and games have music as well. Most pieces of music lasts about 30–50 seconds, and are looped.
Club Penguin's flash-based music files have a prefix of:
And end with a number and .swf.
- 1-99 are for normal rooms.
- 100-199 are for games.
- 200 and onward are for parties.
Note that some songs are available in a .mp3 format.
In 2012, Club Penguin started making real songs, some of which were for the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit, Halloween Party 2012, Holiday Party 2012 and the Puffle Party 2013. These songs last about two or three minutes and some are posted as Club Penguin Shorts on their YouTube channel.
- The Party Starts Now
- Anchors Aweigh
- Ghosts Just Wanna Dance
- Cool In The Cold
- Puffle Party (Gotta Have a Wingman)
- In June 2013, the song I've Been Delayed was available for playing in igloos.
- Party In My Iggy
- Best Day Ever
- Awesome to be Rare
- Puffle Shuffle
- You Got This
- Gonna Be Epic
- A Very Merry Walrus
- List of Club Penguin music
- List of Club Penguin Island music
- List of Club Penguin app music
- List of Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force music
- List of Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge music
- List of Club Penguin: Game Day! music
- List of music specifically used at parties
- List of music specifically used in games, rooms, etc.
- List of music used from other sources