Moderators (a.k.a. CSR which is the abbreviation of "Community Service Representative"), originally referred to as a 'Player Support Representatives', or 'PSR's', are the people who are tasked with 'moderating' Club Penguin and acting as the middle ground between the community and the company. There are over 300 moderators worldwide. Thirteen of the most known moderators are Skidder, Billybob, Rsnail, Happy77, Gizmo, Screenhog, Polo Field, Daffodaily5, Businesmoose, Ninja, Tour Guide, Spike Hike and Megg. Club Penguin moderators used to have a moderator badge on the upper-right corner of their Player Card, but this was taken off so moderators can be undercover when moderating the island. The badge is identical to the badge with the letter "M" at the upper-right corner of the screen.
List of Moderators
- Main article: List of Club Penguin Staff Members
There are over 200 moderators supervising Club Penguin. This article lists the known ones. There are 72 known moderators; 7 have retired. To become a moderator, you must be over 18 years old and live near any Club Penguin staff offices worldwide. Most moderators aren't allowed to give out their penguin's names and many of them have more than one penguin. Most of the moderators sit in the room without interacting with any players and just watch for players who are breaking the Club Penguin Rules.
- Live moderators were first used on September 30, 2005.
- Moderators have access to all items ever created, even if it is a bait item.
- Moderators can also access future parties, although they can only know of the next upcoming party. This also explains the party sneak peeks.
- You must be 18 or over to apply to be a moderator.
- Happy77 owns another account called Luv2dance160 and Gizmo owned an account called Vader2006.[source needed]
- Nickname1 and Test Snail were Rsnail's test penguins.
- Nickname1 was also the very first penguin on Club Penguin followed by Nickname2, Nickname3 and Nickname4.
- Most of the moderators ban their accounts forever when they log-off and un-ban them when they log in. This is to make sure hackers do not access the accounts.[source needed]
- There are several moderators that comment on the What's New Blog other than just Polo Field and Spike Hike.
- The moderators' comments on the blog appear in blue.
Some moderators in Real Life
Sources and References
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20090419215227/http://community.clubpenguin.com/blog/2005/09/Weekend-updates....php
- ↑ https://twitter.com/polofield/status/445611995094867968
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_screenhog/status/365146549027741696
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_screenhog/status/86103765370933248
- ↑ https://twitter.com/rocketsnail/status/288412695831642112