This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
|Opened|| May 26, 2006 (Members)|
May 29, 2006 (everyone)
|Renovated||November 14, 2013|
|Closed||March 30, 2017|
|Mini-games||Cart Surfer and Puffle Rescue|
The Mine is an underground chamber in Club Penguin. Mine tracks lead into deeper and dangerous caverns, where Cart Surfer can be played. After puffles started getting lost here, Puffle Rescue can be played to save them.
The Mine was first opened to players in May 2006 during the Underground Opening Party, although at that time, it was completely empty. A week after the party ended, Cart Surfer first became playable. In January 2010, a landslide occurred. Penguins then starting drilling to see the cause, and the Cave Expedition began, where new tunnels were discovered. After the expedition ended, the caves were deemed unsafe, and were blocked off. However, a few months later, puffles began wandering in the closed off caves. Rescue teams were formed to save them, and Puffle Rescue came to be. After the rescuing began, the caves reopened.
However, the history of the Mine may date back to even before Club Penguin ended beta testing. According to issue 130 of the Club Penguin Times, after it was first discovered by the public, miners found small traces of gold ore. It was then hypothesized that someone already mined all the ore long ago, and left no gold remaining before abandoning the Mine. Aunt Arctic also mentioned that the gold that was mined here is what has made Club Penguin's currency, coins.
After renovation, various things were added to the Mine. There is now a staircase leading up to the Mine Shack, where the entrance to the Cave Mine used to be. The entrance to Cart Surfer was also redesigned. Various mining equipment is now laying around, along with piles of rock along the west wall. An entrance to the Gold Mine was added to the southeast corner, with a wooden walkway leading to it.
|Puffle O's Pin|
|First Aid Pin|
|Anniversary Balloons Pin|
- During Medieval Parties, except for 2013, the Mine had a faded purple color. Crystals protruded out of the walls, and the Switchbox 3000 could be used, which controls a giant mechanical dragon.
- During Music Jams from 2008 to 2011, the Mine was home to "Musical Icicles" which could be clicked on. Each produced a different pitch when clicked. In 2010 and 2011, there was also a memory game with four giant ice cubes.
- During the Underground Opening Party, there was a banner that said "MEMBER PARTY" with free Miners Helmets. A banner also was placed over the future Cart Surf entrance, labeled "GRAND OPENING MAY 29"
- During the April Fools' Party 2007, there was a box of free Blue Propeller Caps. There were also boxes hung up that worked like a Newton's cradle.
- During the Fall Fair 2007, there was a snack stand and a large sign as well as neon pointing to Cart Surfer.
- During the Water Party 2008, there was an 8-panel comic and a movie displaying the history of the Water Party.
- During the Fall Fair 2008, there was a snack shack and neon lights like the previous year, but no arrow. The neon also displayed a penguin crashing in Cart Surfer.
- During the Christmas Party 2008, the Mine became an icy cavern, and the Cart Surfer area was made of candy and gingerbread.
- During the April Fools' Party 2009, the Mine was decorated the same as in 2007, except with more boxes.
- During the Adventure Party, various ancient artifacts were being researched here. There was an inspection table and a computer, as well as various tools.
- During The Fair 2009, the Mine was decorated the same as in 2007.
- During the Halloween Party 2009, the Mine became darker, and there were various pits with green slime.
- During the Cave Expedition, there was an opening to the Cave Mine, with a warning sign next to it. There was also a box of free Miners Helmets.
- During the Puffle Party 2010, this room was the "domain" for white puffles. The entire Mine was frozen over, and white puffles were making clouds which caused snow, and some were skating on the frozen ground.
- During the April Fools' Party 2010, there were red and white banners and balloons. Also, when moused over, the Cart Surfer mine cart was replaced with a banana peel.
- During Sensei's Water Scavenger Hunt, the Mine was flooded. Fluffies were also swimming around.
- During the Puffle Party 2011, the Mine was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the April Fools' Party 2011, the Mine was decorated the same as the previous year.
- In Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force, an elevator is seen in the mine that can take you up to the Mine Shack, however, this can not be seen in game.
Names in other languages
| Mine Shack|
Cave Mine (formerly)
Secret Laboratory (Halloween Party 2009)
|Underground Pool||Mine Tunnels (In Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force)|
| ||Gold Mine|