This article is about something that is no longer active in the Club Penguin universe.
|Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012|
|When||June 14 – July 4, 2012|
|Free Item(s)|| Aunt Arctic Giveaway,|
Press Conference Background,
Mug Shot Background,
|Location||Club Penguin Island|
The Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012 was a party in Club Penguin, which was held from June 14th, 2012 to July 4th, 2012. It was officially confirmed on the UK website of Club Penguin on May 3, 2012. Aunt Arctic was meetable at this party. It was possible to become a Super Hero, a Super Villain, or a citizen.
This party immediately followed the Meteor Strike, in which a meteor that emitted strange glowing purple energy crashed into the Dock. The Destructobot, powered by the meteor and built by Ultimate Proto-Bot 10000, unleashed a whole wave of villains on the island. The Marvel Catalog and Items For Everyone Catalog were available in the Gift Shop with tons of new items. Club Penguin hosted this party to promote the Marvel movies, The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man. Members could suit up as many Marvel Super Heroes.
It also attracted media interest by companies such as USA Today, and Billybob said it was one of the biggest events Club Penguin has ever done. He said the team spent double the hours of work they normally do on this party.
On June 7, 2012, a meteorite had crashed into the Dock. The damage was minimal, and no one was hurt. No penguin knew the powers the meteor possessed. Gary the Gadget Guy had been reading the energy from the meteor, and said that its power could be very dangerous. In the next week, many penguins received strange super powers from this meteor, and while some chose to use its power for good, others used it for the path of evil.
UK Disney Website
Marvel Super Hero Takeover (Starts 14 June)
Are you a Super Hero or Super Villain? Choose your side and suit up!
The entire island has been transformed and there’s comic-style chaos everywhere! Members can suit up as some of Marvel's Super Heroes including The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye or Marvel Super Villains like the mischievous Loki. Also, join an epic battle with Destructobot on the Rooftop for the Downtown Showdown.
Will you and your friends save the city? Or destroy it?
Marvel mania has reached all the way to Club Penguin Island, the #1 virtual world for kids, as penguins assemble for the Marvel Super Hero Takeover, an epic online event starting June 14 through July 3.
A meteor has hit the island of Club Penguin, powering up the dangerous Destructobot. Players can choose to suit up as one of 14 Marvel super heroes or super villains, including Avengers characters such as Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, and Thor, as well as the mischievous super villain Loki.
“Everyone wants to feel special and believe that they can do something that no one else can do. That optimism is what drives both Club Penguin and the Marvel story lines and characters,” said Lane Merrifield, co-founder of Club Penguin and Executive Vice President of Disney Interactive Worlds. “Club Penguin and Marvel characters are the perfect match, and I'm sure our players will love it!”
“Bringing our worlds together marks a major milestone for both Marvel and Club Penguin,” said Rob Steffens, Executive Vice President of Marvel Entertainment. “Reactions from the fans are already tremendous, and we’re thrilled that we’re able to bring Marvel and Club Penguin together for such an epic event.”
As part of The Marvel Super Hero Takeover event, players can:
- Choose to dress up as Marvel super heroes, super villains or civilians
- Explore the island, which has been transformed to include new destinations such as a bank, jail, and a super hero headquarters
- Join teams to decide whether to defend or defeat the evil Destructobot
- Meet Aunt Arctic, the news reporter and editor-in-chief for the Penguin Times, the Club Penguin Island newspaper. She’ll be keeping a close eye on the battle of super heroes and super villains around the island
|Aunt Arctic Giveaway||By meeting Aunt Arctic||No|
|Press Conference Background||Coffee Shop||No|
|Money Bag||Pizza Parlor||No|
|Miners Helmet||Gift Shop||No|
|Mug Shot Background||Stage||No|
Items For Everyone
This was the Non-Members Catalog.
|Press Cap||Head Item||150 coins|
|Cop Cap||Head Item||350 coins|
|City's Finest Uniform||Body Item||400 coins|
|Black Toque||Head Item||420 coins|
|Mask||Face Item||100 coins|
|Up To No Good Suit||Body Item||350 coins|
- This was Club Penguin's first party in collaboration with another company.
- This was the first time the Stage was specifically decorated for a party and there was no play.
- The music for the party was composed by Screenhog.
- There was a glitch that at the Cove, Beacon, Ski Lodge, Lighthouse, Cave Mine and Night Club that had music playing from the Puffle Party 2012. The Night Club and Lighthouse also had this glitch, but they were not fixed.
- When the meteor crashed on the island, it could still be seen from the telescope at the Beacon. This glitch was later fixed.
- Sometimes, when entering the Snow Forts it would say "Please exit the game before leaving the room." This glitch was later fixed.
- Another glitch was that the fireworks seen at the Ski Hill and the Iceberg did not have any sound, unlike past presentations.