| Featured Article
This article was the Featured Article of the Month, meaning it is one of the best articles on the wiki!
This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
|Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012|
|When||June 14, 2012 - July 4, 2012|
|Free Item(s)|| Aunt Arctic Giveaway, |
Press Conference Background,
Mug Shot Background,
|Location||Club Penguin Island|
The Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012 was a party in Club Penguin, which was held from June 14th, 2012 to July 4th, 2012. It was officially confirmed on the UK website of Club Penguin on May 3, 2012. Aunt Arctic was meetable at this party. It was possible to become a Super Hero, a Super Villain, or a Citizen (reporter, Police Officer, or Robber). The island looked like a city.
This party immediately followed the Meteor Strike, in which a Purple Super Hero Meteorite that emitted strange glowing purple energy crashed into the Dock. The Destructobot, powered by the meteor and built by Ultimate Proto-Bot 10000, unleashed a whole wave of villains on the island. The Marvel Catalog and Items For Everyone Catalog were available in the Gift Shop with tons of new items. Club Penguin hosted this party to promote the Marvel movies, The Avengers and The Amazing Spider-Man. Members could suit up as many Marvel Super Heroes, including Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man, and Iron Fist, and Super Villains such as Venom and Loki, just to name a few.
It also attracted media interest by companies such as USA Today, and Billybob says it was one of the biggest events Club Penguin has ever done. He said the team spent double the hours of work they normally do on this party.
On June 7, 2012, a Purple Super Hero Meteorite had crashed into the Dock. The damage was minimal, and no one was hurt. No penguin knew the powers the meteor possessed. Gary the Gadget Guy had been reading the energy from the meteor, and said that its power could be very dangerous. In the next week, many penguins received strange super powers from this meteor, and while some chose to use its power for good, others used it for the path of evil.
The tables turned when the Ultimate Proto-Bot 10000 had its powers restored and sought revenge on the Elite Penguin Force. In spite of this, he gathered Super Villains affected by the meteor to assist in his evil plans. Work on a colossal robot began. This robot was Destructobot. On June 14, 2012, the damage had been done. Destructobot had been wreaking havoc on the island, and villains gained the upper hand. The Super Hero teams such as The Avengers worked closely with the Club Penguin Police Department, and the Elite Penguin Force, to put a stop to the growing rate of crime on Club Penguin Island. Suddenly, on July 4, 2012, Destructobot had fallen, and the meteor's energy had faded away. The parts of Destructobot were then taken into EPF custody.
UK Disney Website
Marvel Super Hero Takeover (Starts 14 June)
Are you a Super Hero or Super Villain? Choose your side and suit up!
The entire island has been transformed and there’s comic-style chaos everywhere! Members can suit up as some of Marvel's Super Heroes including The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye or Marvel Super Villains like the mischievous Loki. Also, join an epic battle with Destructobot on the Rooftop for the Downtown Showdown.
Will you and your friends save the city? Or destroy it?
Marvel mania has reached all the way to Club Penguin Island, the #1 virtual world for kids, as penguins assemble for the Marvel Super Hero Takeover, an epic online event starting June 14 through July 3.
A meteor has hit the island of Club Penguin, powering up the dangerous Destructobot. Players can choose to suit up as one of 14 Marvel super heroes or super villains, including Avengers characters such as Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, and Thor, as well as the mischievous super villain Loki.
“Everyone wants to feel special and believe that they can do something that no one else can do. That optimism is what drives both Club Penguin and the Marvel story lines and characters,” said Lane Merrifield, co-founder of Club Penguin and Executive Vice President of Disney Interactive Worlds. “Club Penguin and Marvel characters are the perfect match, and I'm sure our players will love it!”
“Bringing our worlds together marks a major milestone for both Marvel and Club Penguin,” said Rob Steffens, Executive Vice President of Marvel Entertainment. “Reactions from the fans are already tremendous, and we’re thrilled that we’re able to bring Marvel and Club Penguin together for such an epic event.”
As part of The Marvel Super Hero Takeover event, players can:
- Choose to dress up as Marvel super heroes, super villains or civilians
- Explore the island, which has been transformed to include new destinations such as a bank, jail, and a super hero headquarters
- Join teams to decide whether to defend or defeat the evil Destructobot
- Meet Aunt Arctic, the news reporter and editor-in-chief for the Penguin Times, the Club Penguin Island newspaper. She’ll be keeping a close eye on the battle of super heroes and super villains around the island
|Aunt Arctic Giveaway||By meeting Aunt Arctic||No|
|Press Conference Background||Coffee Shop||No|
|Money Bag||Pizza Parlor (Bank)||No|
|Miners Helmet||Gift Shop||No|
|Mug Shot Background||Stage (Police Station)||No|
Items For Everyone
This was the Non-Members Catalog.
|Press Cap||Head Item||150 coins|
|Cop Cap||Head Item||350 coins|
|City's Finest Uniform||Body Item||400 coins|
|Black Toque||Head Item||420 coins|
|Mask||Face Item||100 coins|
|Up To No Good Suit||Body Item||350 coins|
Members could suit up in special Marvel Super Hero and Super Villain Costumes, exclusively during the party.
- Cosmic Super Gloves
- Shocking Super Gloves
- Freezing Super Gloves
- Doom Drone
- The Lizard Bodysuit
- Loki Horns
- Loki Armor
- Venom Symbiote
- Spider-Man Bodysuit
- Captain America Helmet
- Captain America Shield
- Captain America Bodysuit
- Iron Man Bodysuit
- Iron Man Cowl
- Iron Fist Bodysuit
- Iron Fist Mask
- Nova Helmet
- Nova Bodysuit
- The Hulk Smash
- Hulk Bodysuit
- The Ms. Marvel
- Ms. Marvel Bodysuit
- Hawkeye Bodysuit
- Hawkeye Quiver and Bow
- The Hawkeye
- The Black Widow
- Black Widow Bodysuit
- Nick Fury Coat
- Nick Fury Eyepatch
- Thor Armor
- Thor Helmet
- There was a glitch that at the Cove, Beacon, Ski Lodge, Lighthouse, Cave Mine and Night Club that had music playing from the Puffle Party 2012. The Night Club and Lighthouse music hadn't been fixed but the Beacon still needed to be fixed.
- When the meteor crashed on the island, it could still be seen from the telescope at the Beacon. This glitch was fixed.
- Sometimes, when entering the Snow Forts it will say "Please exit the game before leaving the room." This has been fixed.
- Another glitch is that the fireworks seen at the Ski Hill and the Iceberg do not have any sound unlike the other times Club Penguin has fireworks.
- This is Club Penguin's first party in collaboration with another company. Disney had the permission to do this party since both Club Penguin and MARVEL are owned by The Walt Disney Company.
- This party came out a month after the release of the new movie The Avengers, which came out on May 4, 2012.
- It is the one of the few Club Penguin events to have its own website.
- This is the first time that non-members could buy clothes in the Gift Shop.
- During the party, you could be tagged as a Super Hero, Super Villain, or Citizen. If you are a hero, will have a gold circle around, a black circle if are you a villain, and just a normal blue circle for citizens.
- Starting June 28th, Fireworks appeared at the Iceberg and Ski Hill in celebration of Canada Day.
- This is the first time the Stage was specifically decorated for a party and there was no play.
- The music for the party was composed by Screenhog.
Aunt Arctic spotted