|Is it seen right now?||Yes|
|Where?||Bottom left corner of the screen|
The Map is an interactive object that can be used to teleport to the main places on Club Penguin Island. It can be accessed by clicking on the map icon near the bottom left corner of your screen. This was the only way to explore all areas of Club Penguin before the release of the Spy Phone/EPF Spy Phone. The Map witnessed a graphical update in 2008 after the Dojo was remodeled, and had another significant update in June 2011, where buttons for entering certain rooms were added. If a player tries to enter a full room, the map is automatically opened. Not all rooms can be accessed via the map.
- Ski Village
- Town Center
- Ski Hill
- Dojo Courtyard
- The Plaza
- Iceberg (hidden)
- Mine Shack
- Member Igloos
- Your Igloo
- Snow Forts
- Puffle Park
Some rooms do not have a subtitle when hovering over them, meaning they are hidden. You can access hidden rooms by clicking on the area it is located in. You can also know if you are hovering over a secret room if your cursor turns into a hand. The Iceberg is currently the only room hidden, although it is pretty obvious, and the Mine Shack and the Dojo used to be. When they were, the Dojo Courtyard didn't exist, and there was no connection between the Forest and Mine Shack.
The map looked the same as the maps from 2005, just with extra locations. The Town also still had extra buildings. The buildings were still very cluttered together
In November 2008, the map changed twice during Dig Out the Dojo. It changed so it was only covered halfway with snow. Then a few days later it changed so that the entire Dojo Courtyard was visible. The Mine Shack was also no longer a hidden room.
On June 27, 2011, the map was completely renovated. The Sports Shop was changed to the Everyday Phoning Facility, and the Recycling Plant was made visible on the map. In addition it now also shows the Tallest Mountain and a new lake (the room where new penguins are welcomed). It is also more interactive, because you can access games and places quicker. During each party, there is also a paper at the top right corner which will take you to the main room of that party, if you click on the paper.
- The Puffle Hotel was not on the map.
- When Card-Jitsu Snow was added, the Ninja Hideout was removed.
- On July 11, 2013, the look of the Mine Shack was updated.
- On September 12, 2013, the map was updated with the igloos.
- On January 15, 2014, a larger igloo is added beside the Members Igloo area. It is a shortcut which allows users to access their own igloos.
- The Puffle Hotel and Puffle Park were added to the normal map on April 17, 2014 for the Puffle Party 2014.
- The map experiences seasonal changes when the Stadium and Ice Rink switch out.
- The Map was decorated for the first time during the Holiday Party 2009. The second time happened in Halloween Party 2010. The third time it happened was during the Holiday Party 2010.
- The Migrator and the PSA Headquarters have their own map.
- Hours before the map update, on June 27, 2011, the map and the blue toolbar were gone. This wasn't a bug - it was part of the New Map improvement. they were added again as the new map was released.
- There is also another map released for the Rockhopper's Quest, which is found in the Migrator. It shows all islands surrounding Club Penguin Island.
- After the new map was put up it appears a lake at the bottom of the map where new penguins started there. Its also appeared during the Wilderness Expedition 2011 and the awesome guide to Club Penguin which shows a new place coming soon- but got cancelled. It can be seen at the Town, but you cannot enter.
- The map during Rockhopper's Quest explains there is an unexplored island because the top of the map has been ripped off.
- Although it did not open until June 2006, the Beach appeared on the map in November 2005, however, it could not be accessed.
- The Plaza was added to the map March 3, 2006.
- The ability to access igloos from the Map was added December 20, 2005.
- The Ninja Hideout was removed from the map on May 23, 2013 for the Card-Jitsu Party 2013.
- Since the Holiday Party 2013, the map has given detail to the rooms on it.
- The rooms on the map have also been updated for parties.
|Click [show] to display|