The Map is an object that can be used to teleport to the main places on Club Penguin Island. It can be accessed by clicking on the map icon near the bottom left corner of your screen. This was the only way to explore all areas of Club Penguin before the release of the Spy Phone/EPF Spy Phone. The Map witnessed a graphical update in 2008 after the Dojo was remodeled, and had another significant update in June 2011, where buttons for entering certain rooms were added. If a player tries to enter a full room, the map is automatically opened. Not all rooms can be accessed via the map.
- Ski Village
- Ski Hill
- Ice Rink/Stadium (Ice Rink during Winter and Spring, Stadium during Summer and Autumn/Fall in the Northern Hemisphere)
- Dojo Courtyard
- Iceberg (hidden)
- Mine Shack
- Member Igloos
- Snow Forts
Some rooms do not have a subtitle when hovering over them, meaning they are hidden. You can access hidden rooms by clicking on the area it is located in. You can also know if you are hovering over a secret room if your cursor turns into a hand. The Iceberg is currently the only room hidden, although it is pretty obvious, and the Mine Shack and the Dojo used to be. When they were, the Dojo Courtyard didn't exist, and there was no connection between the Forest and Mine Shack.
The map looked the same as the maps from 2005, just with extra locations. The Town also still had extra buildings. The buildings were still very cluttered together
In November 2008, the map changed twice during Dig Out the Dojo. It changed so it was only covered halfway with snow. Then a few days later it changed so that the entire Dojo Courtyard was visible. The Mine Shack was also no longer a hidden room.
On June 27th, 2011, the map was completely renovated. The Sports Shop was changed to the Everyday Phoning Facility, and the Recycling Plant was made visible on the map. In addition it now also shows the Tallest Mountain and a new lake (which is the room where new penguins are welcomed). It is also more interactive, because you can access games and places quicker. During each party, there is also a paper at the top right corner which will take you to the main room of that party, if you click on the paper.
- The map experiences seasonal changes when the Stadium and Ice Rink switch out.
- The Map was decorated for the first time during the Holiday Party 2009. The second time happened in Halloween Party 2010. The third time it happened was during the Holiday Party 2010.
- Rockhopper and the PSA Headquarters have their own map.
- Hours before the map update, on June 27, 2011, the map and the blue toolbar were gone. This wasn't a bug- it was part of the New Map improvement. they were added again as the new map was released.
- There is also another map released for the Rockhopper's Quest, which is found in the Migrator. It shows all islands surrounding Club Penguin Island.
- After the new map was put up it appears a lake at the bottom of the map where new penguins started there. Its also appeared during the Wilderness Expedition 2011 and the awesome guide to club penguin which shows a new place coming soon.
- The map during Rockhopper's Quest explains there is a unexplored island because the top of the map has been ripped off.
- Although it did not open until June 2006, the Beach appeared on the map in November 2005, however, it could not be accessed.
- The Plaza was added to the map March 3, 2006.
- The map may be updated soon, because of the room updates of The Journey.
- The ability to access igloos from the Map was added December 20, 2005.
- There is a lake in the lower right part of the Island
- It does not currently show the Puffle Hotel.
- It might be updated again to show the Puffle Hotel.