Lava, also called magma when found beneath the surface, is a type of hot material in Club Penguin. It is related to fire, and is just as dangerous and hot. Lava appears at the Volcano, Dragon's Path, and Ye Knight's Quest 2. Penguins can be harmed by touching this. Some lava is fake and made out of hot sauce, as seen in Ye Knight's Quest 2. There are also lava falls in some areas, like waterfalls. An area with an example of lava falls is the Dragon's Path. At the Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit, fruit juice resembling lava is seen in the Temple of Fruit and Volcano Mouth.
- Underground lava that hasn't erupted out of a volcano is called magma.
- It can be found in multiple areas in Club Penguin Island, it can also be found in Rockhopper's Cave
- It is extremely common to see in Card-Jitsu Fire.
- During Operation: Blackout, there was lava at Central Lock Down and Paradise.
- According to issue 139 of the Club Penguin Times, some penguins might be allergic to lava.