Igloos are the natural homes of penguins, where they can store furniture items, and design their igloos. There are many variants of Igloos, where members can buy from the Igloo Catalog, while non members can only get the Basic Igloo.
- September 12, 2005: The appearance of all igloos are upgraded from the Penguin Chat Igloo to the Basic Igloo.
- November 1, 2005: Club Penguin gave Non-Members the privilege to have igloos.
- November 22, 2005: The first ever Igloo Upgrades catalog is released, allowing members to upgrade and change their igloos.
- May 19, 2006: Penguins were able to add music to their igloos for the first time.
- January 19, 2007: Penguins add flooring to their igloos for the first time.
- July 14, 2008: A new background was added to igloos. The size of igloos - that was slightly large before - was decreased, in order to have enough space for all the background.
- August 27, 2011: Penguins are able to save their igloos in an inventory.
- October 13, 2011: Penguins' size was increased as Puffles had had the same size as penguins.
- July 26, 2012: Igloos got a major update. The update allowed members to add furniture even when deselecting any igloo, and allowed members to change Igloo Locations. Non-members could now also decorate their igloo with 6 free furniture items in their storage.
- Main article: List of Igloos
There are a number of igloos that are always available for purchase. Some igloos are special, and only are available at certain events. The Secret Deluxe Stone Igloo seems to be hidden in every Igloo upgrades edit. There is also the In Half Igloo, an igloo that is split into 2 parts, or two halves.
- When Club Penguin was first released, only members could have igloos. However, in November 2005, the Club Penguin Team gave igloos to Non-Members.
- There was once an Igloo Pin.
- Ever since the puffle upgrades, all the puffles got larger in igloos, Club Penguin increased the size of penguins in their igloos to make it seem normal and not make the puffles look over-sized.
- Until July 26, 2012, only members could edit their igloos, however, due to an update Non-members got 6 free items they could use in their igloos.
- Strangely, igloos do not have chimneys like in the Magic Sleigh Ride.
- The maximum amount of likes a penguin can have is 99,999. Once surpassed you will see 99,999+.
- The only free non-member igloo, besides the default igloo, is the Pineapple Igloo, which can only be obtained by purchasing 8 smoothie packages and entering the codes, the last one will get you the igloo.
- Many penguins use the word "iggy" for igloo.
- There is an igloo emote
Examples of Igloo Music
- Main article: Music/More#Igloo
Gallery of igloos
- Igloo Upgrades (.swf)
- Igloo Music (.swf)
- Igloo Background (.swf)
- Clothing Book (.swf)
- game configs- igloos (JSON)
- An Old Tutorial
- Custom igloo designer