|Date released|| February 28, 2000 |
August 22, 2005
October 24, 2005
|Date closed||Still open|
Hydro Hopper (formerly known as Ballistic Biscuit) is the first-ever game in Club Penguin, and was the original source of coins in the game. This is because it was not original, as it made its debut on the now-defunct Rocketsnail Games website, in which you played as a human. It is located at the Dock.
In the game, the player rides along on an inner tube, towed by a motorboat, and avoids obstacles in the water. Non-members can only use inner tubes during gameplay. Members can choose an inner tube, or a wakeboard to use during the game. After a while, players go on to the next level. In between the levels, there are tips, but after a few levels there are jokes instead, and after a few more, simply congratulatory messages. According to Aunt Arctic, it is the oldest game in Club Penguin.
Messages between levels
- Level 1 to 2: Warning: Buoys cannot be jumped!
- Level 2 to 3: Grab the life ring for an extra tube!
- Level 3 to 4: Remember: Always swim with a buddy!
- Level 4 to 5: What did the sardine call the submarine? A can of people!
- Level 5 to 6: Why did the whale cross the road? To get to the other tide!
- Level 6 to 7: What's the best way to catch a fish? Have someone throw it at you.
- Level 7 to 8: What's the difference between a fish and a piano?You can't tuna fish!
- After level 8: Good job!
- If you jump, think of it as having temporary invincibility, except for Buoys.
- Remember to predict!
- Jump over obstacles to gain extra points! You get 10 points for every obstacle you jump (a special sound will be heard and the penguins on the boat will raise their flippers)
- If you lose a life, don't worry. Try to get the lifesavers! They usually appear only once at the beginning of the level.
- You get 1 point every millisecond you hover over an item. So ten if you jump one item by going straight over, for maximum points when multiple items, move the player left to right as quickly as possible. But you must be wary of buoys.
- The song from the game was bought from Smart Sound. It was called "Yessir".
- It is one of the five original games on Club Penguin.
- The music was first added on September 23, 2005.
- Up till now, there are still no stamps designed for the game.
- There was once a Hydro Hopper Background.
- Ballistic Biscuit was created in 2000 by rsnail, but with a human instead of a penguin. Rsnail made many different versions of Ballistic Biscuit for different websites.
- Ballistic Biscuit was renamed to Hydro-Hopper during the Fall Fair 2007 after a vote in The Penguin Times.
- According to the Rocketsnail Games website, there was originally going to be a sequel to this game, called Ballistic Biscuit 2.
- It was the first game Rsnail ever made with flash.
- The font used in the game is called Burbank Big Condensed Black.
- The music from the game was used for the 2nd Anniversary Party.
- Water Yachter - 6%
- Wake Caper - 7%
- Hydro Hopper - 49% (won the vote)
- Board Breaker - 26%
- Ballistic Boarder - 12%
Names in Other Languages
|Spanish||Saltos Acuáticos||Aquatic Jumps|
|Russian||Морские гонки||Sea Race|
- Very old version from RocketSnail (.swf)
- Version 2.26 from RocketSnail (.swf)
- Music (.swf)
- Ballistic Biscuit in RocketSnail Games
Sources and References