This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
| This room is or was a temporary room.
It can not currently be found on Club Penguin. It may or may not return in the future.
|Where||The Mine Shack|
|Opened|| October 26, 2009 |
October 28, 2010
October 20, 2011
|Closed|| November 1, 2009 |
November 4, 2010
November 3, 2011
The Haunted House is party room in Club Penguin It was members-only during Halloween Party 2009 and Halloween Party 2010, but was free for everybody during Halloween Party 2011.The Haunted House first appeared during the Halloween Party 2009. It was located beside the Mine Shack. It took the appearance of a Chateau, decorated with statues of puffles and paintings. The house was lit by candles, a tradition in Halloween culture. The house had two stories, although they were in the same room.
- When the penguin clicks the Jack-O-Lanterns on the stair rails and on the floor they will jump and their lids will come off.
- When the penguin clicks the unlit candles they will turn on.
- When the player clicks on the coffin in the bottom right corner puffles will come out.
- When you click the blue door it will open to show either a giant Jack-O-Lantern, a skeleton, prison bars, a brick wall with some spiders or a bunch of bats.
- When you click the woodpile next to the fireplace a fire will light briefly.
- When you click the picture on the mantle it turns into a pumpkin.
- When you click the book on the table it starts to fly.
- When you click the record player the instruments come to life.
- When you click the fruit bowl it starts to fly.
- When you click the bust on top of the book case its eyes bulge in fright.
- When you click the pictures on the walls they sink down or turn upside down.
- When you click the puffle statues on the second floor they will change their appearance.
- When you click the bookshelf the books on the shelves slide out and back in.
- If you go upstairs and walk to the other side, the painting (a painting of Prince Redhood from the play Fairy Fables) blinks and looks over that way.
- The Haunted House just looks like a redecorated version of the Leprechaun House. It has the same basic interior design.
- In the middle of the party, October 30, 2009, a new item was added to the Haunted House. This item was the Silly Scarecrow Suit.
- In 2011 non-members could access it.
- It was be replaced during the Halloween Party 2012 by the Haunted Mansion so some people were disappointed.
Real-World References Edit
- When clicking the orange penguin photo(Prince Redhood) on the mantle, a sound used in Disney's VMK (Virtual Magic Kingdom) could be heard.
- The stretching painting and the floating instruments are references to The Haunted Mansion.
|Mine Shack (Halloween Party 2009), Haunted House Entrance (Halloween Party 2010)|