Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
| Closed Project
This forum page has been closed, meaning it has been locked and you can not vote/edit in it. Do not unprotect it.
This is regarding Sharkbate's administrator and bureaucrat rights.
Now you may be shocked at seeing this, but I don't want to just demote Sharkbate becuase I feel like it. Here's the problem. There are 2 bureaucrats at this wiki. One of them is active (Hat Pop), and one is not (Sharkbate). At the moment, Sharkbate has edited sporadically over the last 2 or 3 months. His status on the adminlist was Away and I believe Seahorseruler changed it to Inactive recently. At this moment, Sharkbate is hardly active, and when he is active, he is not using admin powers sufficiently to be regarded as an active admin.
Now, I am willing to restore Sharkbate's rights once he becomes active again, but I'm afraid it goes deeper than that. I think we are giving/removing admin rights too carelessly now. If Sharkbate becomes active again, it doesn't mean he's eligible for admin and crat rights. We have to consider if he needs these rights. People may argue that he protected a page the other day, but that's not a valid point. Any other admin could have protected that page.
I feel that SB isn't participating or taking a main role in many of the discussions we have on IRC or any other platform. I've only seen him connect here and there and then idle. That's the thing, he never really takes part. He's a little reluctant, and I don't mind that, but I believe that for bureaucray you need to be taking a pivotal role in things, and Sharkbate is wasting his bureaucrat flag. So if Sharkbate starts taking a bigger role in things, starts making forums, taking a leading role in discussions and etc - that's when he will deserve his bureaucrat flag.
Guys, Sharkbate's a great guy, but he's not utilising his available rights. Not only is he inactive at the moment, making a comeback by protecting pages and deleting some and etc isn't enough to be a bureaucrat.
Now me and Seahorseruler had a discussion and he agreed that I should have a try for running for bureaucracy. It sounds stupid, and I don't care if you go "Tigernose isn't active enough... he doesn't edit enough... he's unfair... Sharkbate's better... Tigernose has no edits compared to Sharkbate". All I want you to read is this. I give some legit reasons there. All my reasons are there, as I can't be bothered to reiterate them here.
Finally, I know that Hat Pop and Sharkbate are good friends. But Hat Pop is the only remaining bureaucrat who can demote Sharkbate (if such a vote passes), and I'm pretty sure she won't demote Sharkbate as she has said before. I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to right changes. Anyway, enough of that. Seahorseruler will continue and he will explain the rest from his point of view below. You can discuss below regarding this whole proposal. Thanks. Tigernose out! --Tigernose Chat • Edits 22:11, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Seeing Tigernose is in a time zone that is different than most admin, It would be useful for him to cover the hours on that side of the earth. Before, we had too many crats, with every admin being one. Now, we have too little, with just one out of all. We could use 1 or 2 more crats. Anything else, Tigernose? --seahorseruler |Talk (EditCount) Yoshi! 22:21, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
Tigernose,though I am shocked and upset about this,I agree. SB makes little edits a month,doesn't use his crat or sysop powers when he's active,and is "away" pretty much all the time. And,I read the bold print,and I agre. Just because you moan that Shark is better,won't change Tiger or Sea's mind. Thanks, Gary the Gaget Dude
Woah. I know SB doesn't edit, but won't he be a tiny.. bit angry??? But, Tigernose would make a great (yes, I said great!) b/crat. Ozone101 22:31, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
I don't think you should demote him. I mean, just because he isn't always on doesn't mean that he can't be a good b-crat. NHL Hockey - Let's Go Pens! 20:58, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
This is for voting on which rights Sharkbate will lose or retain. This has nothing to do with a potential new bureaucrat, as that will be established in the Requests for Adminship page.
Sharkbate loses bureaucrat and admin rights (13)
- --Tigernose Chat • Edits 00:40, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Wonderweez 01:19, June
- --Ratonbat 01:21, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- --LordMaster96 Talk to me! 02:02, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Mvtech 06:45, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- --Zapwire (talk/blog/edits) 10:01, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Gary the Gaget Dude Wanna talk? • Contribs 11:37, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- --CatZip888 13:13, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- --Dancing Penguin 13:52, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- --Alxeedo TALK 19:41, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- --seahorseruler |Talk (EditCount) Yoshi! 19:58, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- --Ozone101 22:10, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
Sharkbate loses bureaucrat rights only (5)
- :)Jelloratbob:) My talk page | My edits 00:44, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- --Sonic The Hedgehog (Talk | Blog | Contribs) 14:39, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Yay!I SAID YAY! 19:50, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- There's a thing called "personal life". You've got to account for every reason he's possibly not on. Maybe he's got family trouble, I don't know.Abce2|Free Lemonade only 25 cents. 22:47, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
Sharkbate loses no rights (1)
- Sharkbate sould lose no rights! Please forgive him! --Lee0723 16:33, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- NHL Hockey - Let's Go Pens! 21:21, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Shark is my friend, and I defend my friends. -I'M THE CODESTER! Talk 2 me, OR HAVE AVADA KEDAVRA USED! 00:00, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I vote for him to lose all rights because of LordMaster96's promotion. We don't want to overflow with admins.
- Although I like Sharkbate as an admin,and a b-crat, he is too inactive, making him eligible for demotion.Wonderweez 01:21, June 3, 2010 (UTC)Wonderweez
- I think he should lose both if he's inactive. Besides, if he's inactive as an admin, why should he be a bureaucrat? --LordMaster96 Talk to me! 02:02, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- He's away litterley all the time,and when he's not,he doesn't use his powers. I voted for him to lose both crat and admin powers. Gary the Gaget Dude Wanna talk? • Contribs 11:38, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- He should only lose bureacrat rights. He can still help as an admin but he shouldn't get to be a b-crat if he barely helps.Polkie1 21:08, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- We understand that. I rate personal life above everything else. It doesn't mean his rights should not be revoked because of personal issues, as it would make no difference as they different things. --Tigernose Chat • Edits 22:54, June 3, 2010 (UTC)