|Appeared||Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force, Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge Games|
|Clothes Items||Welding Mask|
|Friends With||The Snowball Crew, Other Elite Puffles, Coffee Shop Barista, Aunt Arctic, You (If you have him)|
Flare is a Black Elite Puffle, featured in 2 Nintendo DS games: Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force and Herbert's Revenge. In the DS games he can be used in Elite Penguin Force Missions, where his ability to shoot fire from his mouth allows welding.
In the online Club Penguin, Flare can be unlocked using a code included in any of these DS games. Players can then summon Flare at any time and walk him, similar to walking a puffle, although in the game he behaves as a normal Hand Item, rather than an actual living Puffle.
He was originally called Strong, but went through a name change before being released onto Club Penguin.
Like most Black Puffles, Flare has the ability to light itself on fire; however Flare can concentrate this fire and shoot it from his mouth. Flare would use this to effectively weld items throughout the two DS games.
It is possible to unlock Flare using a code from Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge, or via the EPF Trading Card game. Flare can then be walked through the Puffle Whistle in the Hand Items section of the inventory or through the EPF Phone.
- Flare cannot be brought to Cart Surfer.
- A player can simultaneously walk a normal puffle and summon Flare.
- Flare does not reside within the igloo when not summoned, since he is not an actual puffle. Therefore:
- Flare doesn't have a Puffle Interface of any kind, and therefore cannot be taken care of.
- Flare cannot run away or be returned to the wild.
- In the Puffle Hotel, when a penguin is on the treadmills with Flare, both the penguin and Flare will run on it unlike when a penguin has their own puffle walking with them as it is only the puffle that runs.
- He cannot dig for treasure.
- Flare has special blue flames, instead of the regular red, due to the temperature of the flames that he wields.
- Flare had a special friendship with Bouncer in Herbert's Revenge.
- So far, Flare has been the only Elite Puffle to be available in Club Penguin.
- Flare used to be a bait item before the EPF, so if you used a cheat program to get him in your inventory, you would be banned.
- Unlike other puffles, Flare's look was not changed in March 2011.
- Currently, he cannot be seen on the Club Penguin app.
- As of November 2010, there is a Flare power card in Card-Jitsu. When a penguin plays it, the Delta Suit and the Delta Fedora appear on them; then the EPF Phone appears in their hand. The penguin then calls Flare who blows a ring of fire in the air, hops through it, and hits the opponent's head.
Names in other languages