200 coins (Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force)
|Where found||Rockhopper's Rare Items, Treasure Book|
|Item ID||346, 10346|
|Unlockable||Yes (Series 3 & 13)|
- Not to be confused with the Flashing Lure Fishing Rod.
The Fishing Rod is a hand item in Club Penguin. It was free for all players to obtain in Rockhopper's Rare Items in July 2007. However, it cannot be used in the game Ice Fishing. It can be unlocked in the Series 3 Treasure Book and in the Series 13 Treasure Book.
|Catalog||Available from||Available until|
|Rockhopper's Rare Items||July 27, 2007||August 3, 2007|
|TB Series #||Available from||Available until|
|Series 3||June 12, 2009||October 4, 2011|
|Series 13||April 5, 2011|
- The Fishing Rod made an appearance on the front cover of the August 2007 Penguin Style catalog.
- The Fishing Rod made an appearance in Issue #106 of the Club Penguin Times.
- The Fishing Rod is featured in a Club Penguin wallpaper.
- Unlike the Flashing Lure Fishing Rod, this cannot be used in Ice Fishing to catch grey fish.
- It goes well with the Fishing Vest and the Fishing Hat to make a 'Fisher Penguin's outfit'.
- It is said that if you sit, you will be "fishing", which is half true since the fishing line will extend longer and it faces sideways from you.
- The fishing line will not extend while sitting in the Club Penguin (app).
- It can be purchased in Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force.