Club Penguin Residents
Guests of Club Penguin
*indicates that a character has been removed from game files, and will not return as a mascot.
Other characters have made major or important appearances, and are considered to be famous. Some former non-meetable characters have been promoted to mascots (Rookie, Herbert, and Dot. Some have made appearances as sprite character in game. To be considered a famous non-meetable character, they must have made at least two nonconcurrent appearances.
- Jet Pack Guy
- Shadow Guy and Gamma Gal (fictional characters)
- Test Bots
- Famous creatures
Some characters have appeared once and were not meetable, but warrant recognition because of their action. Examples include party visitors who were not mascots, or one-off villains who participated only in their event.
- Main article: List of Club Penguin Staff Members
- After the 2011 Buddy List update, while trying to add a famous penguin to your buddy list, a message will pop, saying you have to meet them, in order to add them as Friends.
- Some mascots have special dances for their outfits. Rookie can fly with his propeller cap, and the Penguin Band can play their instruments.
- Throughout 2013, all mascots were updated to appear in the new penguin art style. As a result, some (Aunt Arctic, Sensei, Rockhopper) were given outfits for the first time. Others (PH, Dot, Jet Pack Guy) were given new or updated outfits.
- If you have a mascot as a friend, you can earn the latest background they give out on the Buddy List without meeting them.
- On April 25, 2013, Rocky and CeCe's in-game sprites and player cards have been completely removed from Club Penguin files, meaning they will not come back at any time.
- A common misconception is that all mascots are only controlled by bots. However, they are actually controlled by moderators as well as bots.
Famous Characters (In-game)
Famous Characters (Player Cards)
- Buddy List
- List of Mascots
- Mascots (disambiguation)
- List of Characters in Club Penguin