This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
The logo for Experimental Penguins.
|ESRB rating||Not Rated|
|Date released||July 30, 2000 |
Experimental Penguins is an old game from the year 2000, which was believed to have started Club Penguin. It was a multiplayer game/chat, similar to Club Penguin and Penguin Chat 3, and it was made around the time of Rocketsnail Games.
You could choose a name and be a default color. Default colors included black, blue, green, and red. Little is known about Experimental Penguins since there are not any pictures of gameplay. From the icon they put next to it on Rocketsnail.com, it seems that there was dynamite (explosives) and Snow Cats (vehicles), which soon made their way into Penguin Chat which in 2005 led to Club Penguin
Experimental Penguins only stayed up for a few months, but it got several awards. It closed down, and then Penguin Chat came along. During Experimental Penguins, there was a game being worked on for it called Snowblasters. The game was never finished before they put up Penguin Chat.
Ballistic Biscuit reference
A game also being developed by RocketSnail Games called Ballistic Biscuit, now known as Hydro Hopper was also made in 2001. Now being a penguin-only version, the older version had humans, however a newer revision had an Experimental Penguins reference with a penguin on board the boat.
- Unlike Penguin Chat and Club Penguin, players can swear.
- It was made by rsnail.
- Penguin Chat appears to be based on Experimental Penguins.
- rsnail said on his Twitter account that it was a Test on Flash 4 to see if it could so Multiplayer Games.
- This could possibly be Experimental Penguins because of the game and RocketSnail Games' name on the lower left of the Login, Loading, and the Disconnect screen, the penguin's design, and the link is from contactmusic.com, though it says "Welcome to Contact Music Penguin Chat" on the upper left after entering your penguin's name.also if you visit crash site it has a Snow Cat.
- Contest music remade Experimental penguins.
- Website for Experimental Penguins (Down).
- Website to play Experimental Penguins Contact music (working).