Emoticons or Emotes are faces and symbols that can show how Penguins feel. They usually appear in speech bubbles accessed by clicking on the "Emote Menu" or by pressing "E", followed by various keys what are usually the first letter of the noun.
List of Emotes
- Main article: List of Emoticons
The "Skull emotion" was removed, along with the heart emote  - however, due to popular demand, the heart emote came back a month later. According to Club Penguin: "There are plenty of other ways to show you don't like something besides using the skull." One of them could be the tongue emote. There is also a special sun emote which can be found by pressing E and D together. There is also a special tooting emote which can also be found by pressing E and T.
Emoticon and Action Shortcuts
- All of the emoticons (excluding party emoticons) were designed by Rsnail.
- There is an Emotes Background.
- There are some fan made emotes made using the keyboard.
- The 'quick keys' (pressing "e" and then a number or letter) were first added on September 23, 2005.
- On November 30, 2007, the Skull emote was removed because penguins were using the skull in a bad way, like threatening of murder or reference to death. The Skull can now only be seen on the Ignore list button.
- The Heart emote was also removed as well, however, it returned a month later due to player demand.
- Another emote, the Laughing Emote (or the Smile Emote) was revamped on October 12, 2007, as the old one looked very similar to another emote on another website.
- However, in The Awesome Official Guide to Club Penguin, which was published in 2010, shows the old Laughing Emote, despite its revamping.
- If ten penguins use the smile Emoticon in the same room, they will get the Happy Room stamp.
- The Cookie emote, the Falalala emote, the Clapper emote, the Clock going backwards emote, and the Police Siren emote were animated emoticons.
- The new look of emoticons will only be used in art, starting with the Prehistoric Party 2013's login screen.
- They're also used in #WaddleOn.
- The foam finger emoticons from the Monsters University Takeover have 6 fingers.
- The old laughing emotion is hidden in the Membership page of Club Penguin.
- For the Muppets World Tour, all the 'face' emotes had a 'ball' shaped nose.
- If you ask a puffle to dig while the puffle dig trick is still loading, the puffle will have an emote. Puffles have 3 different types of emotes
- Ever since the Holiday Party 2012, each party had 3-6 special emoticons brought, sometimes brought multiple times.
Club Penguin Emoticons
Emoticons with new design
Sources and References
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20081218132058/http://community.clubpenguin.com/blog/2007/12/New--Emotes.php
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20080421161300/http://community.clubpenguin.com/blog/2005/09/Beta-Test-Update-Version-0.96.php
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20081218072839/http://community.clubpenguin.com/blog/2007/10/Penguin-Wigs.php