The game board
|Minigame location||See list |
|Date released|| January 17, 2013|
January 23, 2014
January 20, 2016
|Date closed|| January 31, 2013|
February 5, 2014
February 3, 2016
Dino Dig is a single player game in Club Penguin. It was available in several rooms during the Prehistoric Party 2013, 2014 and 2016 only on the ancient island. It can now be played on the present island in digloos.
The game has parallels to Treasure Hunt, but has various other items and is only single-player.
The game is played in a 10×10 sand board. The player has 12 turns, on which the player uncovers a row or a column-one on each time-in order to find bonuses. Playing is done by clicking a cell in the row/column.
When a row and a column cross each other, they create a deeper pit. In case it contains a bonus drop, it will be collected.
Coins are small rocks, and spread on an area of 1×1 lines. Each uncovered coin is worth 1 ordinary coin.
Eggs can be uncovered, but spread on an area of 2×2 lines. Eggs do not boost the coin reward, but are required for completing the scavenger hunt of the party, and allow members to transform into Dinosaurs. There are 12 eggs in total.
Prehistoric Party 2013
- By finding all eggs, the player can obtain the T Rex Hoodie.
- Members can use eggs to transform into dinosaurs. There are 3 types of eggs, each for one dinosaur, and each egg comes in 4 different colors.
Prehistoric Party 2014
- By finding all Stegosaurus eggs, the player can obtain the Stone Hatchet.
- By finding all Raptor eggs, the player can obtain the Dino Claws.
- By finding all Pteranodon eggs, the player can obtain the Rock Hard Hat.
- By finding all Tyrannosaurus eggs, the player can obtain the Primal Bracers.
- By finding all Triceratops eggs, the player can obtain the Primal Helmet.
- You could find Dino Puffle eggs.
Prehistoric Party 2016
- You can only find one egg per game.
- This game is similar to Treasure Hunt at the Captain's Quarters.
- It can be considered a 'prehistoric' version of Treasure Hunt.
- There are 15 possible holes to choose from.
- It's the 3rd minigame that is playable from an igloo, after Card-Jitsu and Puffle Launch
- During the Prehistoric Party 2016, it wasn't playable at igloos.
Sources and references