Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
|Players||1 + Yellow Puffle|
|Minigame location||Dance Club|
|Date released||July 25, 2008|
|Date closed||July 17, 2014|
DJ3K was a mini-game in Club Penguin. The DJ3K itself was invented by Club Penguin's resident inventor and scientist, Gary the Gadget Guy. DJ3K is a way for penguins to create their own music for their igloo. It also serves as an add-on to the DJ Table in the Night Club. It was released on July 25th, 2008, the same time the Music Jam 2008 started. You can bring your yellow puffle along in the game and it will dance and earn you more points, earning you more coins. On July 17, 2014 when the Music Jam 2014 began, DJ3K was closed and replaced by SoundStudio. SoundStudio brings a whole new experience to the game, allowing you to "share your beats in the Dance Club for penguins to like."
The way to earn coins in this game is to let your penguin sit and press a button every 10 minutes. Move your mouse to click all the buttons on the DJ Table and make music. The better the music sounds, the more coins you will make. A signal as to how many coins you are making is what your penguin/puffle is doing and the lights in the background. A lot of penguins press random buttons of the screen which does not necessarily get you the most points. There is a way to leave your screen for 5 minutes and you will get some coins.
Since June 26, 2009, players could buy records for the DJ3K in Game Upgrades for 75 Coins, allowing more tunes to be used in the game. The three Records, Jungle, Funky and Festival, each add different sounds. When Music Jam 2010 started, three more records were added: Reggaetron, Desi-bel, and House Blend. In October 2011, the Monster Muzak record was released as well.
As of a recent update, you could record music and play it back as your igloo's music.
- When starting the game, a yellow puffle will appear along with your penguin saying "I put these on three lines. Not a good haiku."
- There was a glitch where if you press x on the game when not playing, your penguin will be playing. This glitch was later fixed.
- There was a glitch where you could push tab a few times and a yellow box would be around the "X". Click enter and it would say "You have earned 10,000 coins". This was later fixed.
- On August 20th right before the Frozen Party you could play DJ3K instead of SoundStudio.
- It was Franky's favorite game.
- This is one of the four games that has a Game Upgrades catalog associated with it. When you enter the game, a selection of all the CDs you own will appear and you can choose the CD you want to mix.
- The name DJ3K means Disc Jockey 3000, as the letter "K" stands for thousand (this may mean it was made by Gary considering that most of his gadgets end with the number 3000).