Penguins can choose from a variety of colors (spelt colours in some countries) to wear. When a penguin first makes an account, they are asked to pick a free starter color from 14 options. Colors can also be bought from the Penguin Style catalog in the Clothes Shop for 20 coins each. When you look for them in your Player Card, you will see them represented by colored blobs.
- Lime Green- picked in the Color Vote 2006.
- Aqua- picked in the Color Vote 2009.
- Arctic White- given free to everyone during the Holiday Party 2012.
The colors are as follows, going respectively with the picture:
|Red||Orange||Dark Green||Light Blue||Lime Green||Aqua||Arctic White|
- In the Color Vote of 2006, they debated Lime Green and Lavender. Lime Green won.
- The winner to the Color Vote 2009 was Aqua, which can still be bought in the Penguin Style catalog.
- Some penguins think there will be another Color Vote in the future, as one is held and released a color every 3 years. It is likely to be by 2015, but these are just rumors.
- When Club Penguin first started, colors were only available for Members, but on November 1, 2005, they became available for Non-Members as well.
- In November 2006, penguins voted on whether they wanted Lavender or Lime Green in the Club Penguin Times. Lime Green was chosen and a member party was held in the Dojo.
- In the Penguin Style catalog, the spelling of the word was changed from "colour" to "color" by popular demand.
- There was a poll from July 24–29, 2009 for the colors Aqua, Maroon, and Lavender. On August 6 it was confirmed Aqua won, and on August 7 it could be bought at the Gift Shop. A few months after the vote, it was available when creating an account.
- If 10 or more penguins of the same color are in the Night Club at one time, the Night Club's lights will change to the majority of penguins wearing the color. This no longer happens since the Night Club was renovated on November 1, 2012.
- Some colors, like Old Blue and Light Purple, were only obtainable in Penguin Chat 3.
- The Penguin Style color page is always updated whenever there is a new color.
- So far, a new color has been confirmed, or planned to be released every 3 years. The first new color, Lime Green was released in 2006, the second one being Aqua in 2009 and the third one being Arctic White in 2012.
- Arctic White is the only new color released without a vote.
- Sensei Gray is the only unavailable color which has a color value. This is because Sensei wears it on his player card.