- Were you looking for Portal:Color?
Penguins can choose from a variety of colors/colours to "wear". When a penguin first makes an account, they are asked to pick a free starter color/colour from 14 options. Colors/Colours can also be bought from the Penguin Style catalog in the Clothes Shop for 20 coins each. When you look for them in your Player Card, you will see them represented by colored blobs.
Colors are available to Members and Non-Members. As time goes on, it is predicted there will be more colors to choose from. Since Club Penguin was launched, 3 additional colors/colours have been added:
- Lime Green - picked in the Color Vote 2006.
- Aqua - picked in the Color Vote 2009.
- Arctic White - given free to everyone during the Holiday Party 2012.
The colors are as follows, going respectively with the picture:
|Red||Orange||Dark Green||Light Blue||Lime Green||Aqua||Arctic White|
- In the Color Vote of 2006, they debated Lime Green and Lavender. Lime Green won.
- The winner to the Color Vote 2009 was Aqua, which can still be bought in the Penguin Style catalog.
- When Club Penguin first started, colors were only available for Members, but on November 1, 2005, they became available for Non-Members as well.
- In November 2006, penguins voted on whether they wanted Lavender or Lime Green in the Club Penguin Times. Lime Green was chosen and a member party was held in the Dojo.
- In the Penguin Style catalog, the spelling of the word was changed from "colour" to "color" by popular demand.
- There was a poll from July 24–29, 2009 for the colors Aqua, Maroon, and Lavender. On August 6 it was confirmed Aqua won, and on August 7 it could be bought at the Gift Shop. A few months after the vote, it was available when creating an account.
- If 10 or more penguins of the same color are in the Night Club at one time, the Night Club's lights will change to the majority of penguins wearing the color. This no longer happens since the Night Club was renovated on November 1, 2012.
- Some colors, like Old Blue and Light Purple, were only obtainable in Penguin Chat 3.
- The Penguin Style color page is always updated whenever there is a new color.
- So far, a new color has been confirmed, or planned to be released every 3 years. The first new color, Lime Green was released in 2006, the second one being Aqua in 2009 and the third one being Arctic White in 2012.
- Arctic White is the only new color released without a vote.
- Sensei Gray is the only unavailable color which has a color value. This is because Sensei wears it on his player card.
- At some point there may be an exclusive color released in My Penguin.
- Arctic White was originally going to be the exclusive color in My Penguin, but My Penguin's release was delayed, therefore it was released during the Holiday Party 2012.
- A message about unlocking an exclusive color was found in the files for My Penguin.