Collectibles are objects scattered in various zones of Club Penguin Island. Players can collect them and exchange various amounts of one type for coins at The Exchange at the Beacon Boardwalk. Some can simply be obtained by walking near them, others require that the player interacts with an object. Every collectible the player collects will have a cooldown time before it respawns and can be collected again. Additionally, gathering various collectibles are sometimes objectives of daily quests.
There is no limit to how many of each type of collectible players can hold at a time, and likewise no limit on how many coins are received from trading them in. Although the counter that shows how many coins are received after exchanging collectibles in The Exchange does not go beyond three digits (999), if a player trades in enough collectibles to yield at least 1000 coins, they will receive the correct amount, despite The Exchange erroneously displaying that they received 999 as an Easter egg for extreme collectors.
List of collectibles
|Image||Name||Coin exchange rate||Location(s)||Amount per area||Respawn time|
|Seashells||1 coin per 4 shells||Beacon Boardwalk, Coconut Cove||26 (Beacon Boardwalk),|
49 (Coconut Cove)
|Confetti flowers||1 coin per 2 flowers||Beacon Boardwalk (interact with large flowers)||15 total; 5 flowers with 3 per flower||30 minutes|
|Seaweed||1 coin per 2 seaweeds||Beacon Boardwalk||13||30 minutes|
|Coconuts||1 coin per 2 coconuts||Coconut Cove (interact with palm trees bearing coconuts)||12 total; 4 trees with 3 per tree||30 minutes|
|Crystals (single)||1 coin per 4 crystals||The Sea Caves||101||15 minutes|
|Crystals (cluster)||1 coin per 1 crystal||The Sea Caves||19||At midnight in PST|
|Sea sponges||1 coin per 2 sponges||The Sea Caves (interact with rocks with sea sponges attached)||9 total; 3 rocks with 3 per rock||30 minutes|
|Pearls||1 coin per 4 pearls||The Sea Caves (grab from an oyster while their mouth is open)||5||15 minutes|
|Ice crystals||1 coin per 4 crystals||Mt. Blizzard||29||15 minutes|
|Choklidium||1 coin per 2 ore||Mt. Blizzard||15 total; 5 clusters with 3 per cluster||30 minutes|
|Flour flowers||1 coin per 2 flowers||Island Central (interact with large flowers)||12 total; 4 flowers with 3 per flower||30 minutes|
|Wind chime||1 coin per 4 chimes||Island Central||17||15 minutes|
- These collectibles have only been available for limited amounts of time. Even if they are not currently obtainable (marked with a dark gray background), they can still be exchanged for coins.
|Image||Name||Available during||Coin exchange rate||Location(s)||Amount per area||Respawn time|
|Crystal snowflake||1.8.0 and 1.8.1 updates||1 coin per 4 snowflakes||Beacon Boardwalk, Coconut Cove, The Sea Caves, Mt. Blizzard, Island Central||6 (Beacon Boardwalk),|
5 (Coconut Cove),
5 (The Sea Caves),
6 (Mt. Blizzard),
6 (Island Central)
|Rainbow drop||1.9.0 update||10 coins per 1 drop||Island Central||24||1 minute|
- While they are not collectibles, coins themselves can be found scattered in various areas, in the same manner as collectibles.
|Image||Name||Location(s)||Amount per area||Respawn time|
|Coin||Beacon Boardwalk, Coconut Cove, The Sea Caves, Mt. Blizzard, Island Central||38 (Beacon Boardwalk); 3 treasure chests with 5 per chest plus 23 on the ground,|
10 (Coconut Cove),
53 (The Sea Caves); 8 treasure chests with 5 per chest plus 13 on the ground,
34 (Mt. Blizzard),
10 (Island Central)
|At midnight in PST|
- Main article: Daily Challenges
- The following challenges involve collectibles.
|Name||Given by||Type||Description||Rewards||Member only?|
|Party Sub Favors||Solo||Find a treasure chest above the Party Submarine!||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Exchange Student||Solo||Go to the Exchange and learn about collectibles||30 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Paper Trail||Solo||Harvest all the confetti flowers in the Boardwalk||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Confetti Farmers||Community||Harvest 2,000 confetti flowers in the Boardwalk||50 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Go Nuts||Solo||Harvest all the coconuts at the Cove||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Plunges for Sponges||Solo||Collect 3 sponge clusters in the Sea Caves||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Deep Sea-crets||Solo||Collect 7 treasure chests in the Sea Caves||50 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Lurchin' for Urchins||Solo||Grab a crystal cluster guarded by sea urchins||50 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Split the Spoils||Community||Collect 5,000 treasure chests from the Sea Caves!||75 coins and 0 XP||No|
|Flower Power||Community||Harvest 2,000 confetti flowers at the Boardwalk for Penguin Day||75 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Cove Coin-noisseur||Solo||Collect all 10 coins in the Cove||30 coins and 40 XP||No|
|It's a Coin Walk||Solo||Collect all 10 coins in the Boardwalk||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Kelp Yourself Out||Solo||Collect all the seaweed in the Geyser Pool||30 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Coin Boing||Solo||Get all 15 coins above the Trampoline 3000||50 coins and 0 XP||No|
|Operation Whiteout||Solo||Protect the island from Herbert. Collect 6 snowflakes in Island Central||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Head in The Clouds||Solo||Collect a Rainbow Drop in Island Central||40 coins and 50 XP||No|
|Sky's The Limit||Solo||Collect 2 Rainbow Drops in a row in Island Central||50 coins and 50 XP||No|
|Color Coordinate||Community||Have 2+ penguins collect a Rainbow Drop at the same time||50 coins and 40 XP||No|
- According to loading screen messages, collectibles that are traded in are used for island projects; confetti flowers are harvested to make confetti, seashells are used for concrete and jewelry, and glowsticks come from neon crystals.
- According to the Island News Blog, flour flowers are used as ingredients in pizza at Franky's, and wind chimes are created by melodies floating through the air.
- Although there are multiple colors of single crystals and wind chimes, they are counted as the same, and do not have a different coin exchange rate or between them.
- Unlike other collectibles, rainbow drops were invisible in-game, and were only visible briefly before being collected by using a rainbow geyser. However, if a player was playing on version 1.9.0, but the Rainbow Celebration was not present (either due to playing Leaky Landing or the event having ended), the drops would be visible in the sky, although there was no way of reaching them, as rainbow geysers only appeared if the event was present.
Names in other languages
|French||Objets à collectionner|
|Spanish||Puesto de intercambio|
|Confetti flowers||Flores de Confete||Fleurs confettis||Flores de confeti|
|Coconuts||Cocos||Noix de coco||Cocos|
|Sea sponges||Esponjas Marinhas||Éponges de mer||Esponjas de mar|
|Ice crystals||Cristais de Gelo||Cristaux de Glace||Cristales de Hielo|
|Flour Flower||Flor de farinha||Fleur de farine||Flor de harina|
|Wind Chime||Mensageiro dos ventos||Carillon à vent||Móvil de viento|
|Crystal Snowflake||Floco de Neve de Cristal||Flocon de cristal||Copo de nieve de cristal|
|Rainbow drops||Gotas multicores||Gouttes d'arc-en-ciel||Gotas arcoíris|
Notes and references