Collectibles are objects scattered in various zones of Club Penguin Island. Players can collect them and exchange various amounts of one type for coins at The Exchange in the northeast corner of Beacon Boardwalk. Some can simply be obtained by walking near them, others require that the player interacts with an object. Every collectible the player collects will have a cooldown time before it respawns and can be collected again. Additionally, gathering various collectibles are sometimes objectives of Daily Challenges or adventures. There is no limit to how many of each type of collectible players can hold at a time.
In The Exchange's menu, a list of collectibles the player owns is displayed, ordered from most to least amount owned. From here, a button labeled "trade in items" can be pressed, which exchanges collectibles the player owns for coins, which are automatically received.
As of the 1.9.0 update, all collectibles the player owns are exchanged, and are rounded when exchanged for coins. If it is less than the lowest exchange rate, the amount of coins received is rounded up (for instance, if a player exchanged 1, 2, or 3 seashells, it would be rounded up to 4, the lowest exchange rate, and would yield 1 coin). If it is between two multiples of the exchange rate, it is rounded down (5, 6, or 7 seashells, rounded down to 4, would yield 1 coin, while 9, 10, or 11, rounded down to 8, would yield 2 coins, etc.).
Prior to the 1.9.0 update, if less than the amount for the lowest exchange rate was owned, the leftovers would be kept (if a player had 11 seashells, 8 would be exchanged and 3 would be leftover).
Although the counter that shows how many coins are received after exchanging collectibles in The Exchange does not go beyond three digits (999), if a player trades in enough collectibles to yield at least 1000 coins, they will still receive the full amount of coins, it just will be erroneously displayed as 999.
List of collectibles
|Image||Name||Coin exchange rate||Location(s)||Amount per area||Respawn time|
|Seashells||1 coin per 4 shells||Beacon Boardwalk, Coconut Cove, Penglantian Vault||26 (Beacon Boardwalk),|
49 (Coconut Cove),
120 (Penglantian Vault)
|Confetti flowers||1 coin per 2 flowers||Beacon Boardwalk (interact with large flowers)||15 total; 5 flowers with 3 per flower||30 minutes|
|Seaweed||1 coin per 2 seaweeds||Beacon Boardwalk||13||30 minutes|
|Coconuts||1 coin per 2 coconuts||Coconut Cove (interact with palm trees bearing coconuts)||12 total; 4 trees with 3 per tree||30 minutes|
|Crystals (single)||1 coin per 4 crystals||The Sea Caves, Penglantian Vault||101 (The Sea Caves),|
140 (Penglantian Vault)
|Crystals (cluster)||1 coin per 1 crystal||The Sea Caves, Penglantian Vault||19 (The Sea Caves),|
23 (Penglantian Vault)
|At midnight in PST|
|Sea sponges||1 coin per 2 sponges||The Sea Caves (interact with rocks with sea sponges attached)||9 total; 3 rocks with 3 per rock||30 minutes|
|Pearls||1 coin per 4 pearls||The Sea Caves (grab from an oyster while their mouth is open)||5||15 minutes|
|Ice crystals||1 coin per 4 crystals||Mt. Blizzard||29||15 minutes|
|Choklidium||1 coin per 2 ore||Mt. Blizzard||15 total; 5 clusters with 3 per cluster||30 minutes|
|Flour flowers||1 coin per 2 flowers||Island Central (interact with large flowers)||12 total; 4 flowers with 3 per flower||30 minutes|
|Wind chime||1 coin per 4 chimes||Island Central||17||15 minutes|
- These collectibles have only been available for limited amounts of time. Even if they are not currently obtainable (marked with a dark gray background), they can still be exchanged for coins.
|Image||Name||Available during||Coin exchange rate||Location(s)||Amount per area||Respawn time|
|Crystal snowflake||1.8.0 and 1.8.1 updates||1 coin per 4 snowflakes||Beacon Boardwalk, Coconut Cove, The Sea Caves, Mt. Blizzard, Island Central||6 (Beacon Boardwalk),|
5 (Coconut Cove),
5 (The Sea Caves),
6 (Mt. Blizzard),
6 (Island Central)
|Rainbow drop||1.9.0 update||10 coins per 1 drop||Island Central||24||1 minute|
- While they are not collectibles, coins themselves can be found scattered in various areas, in the same manner as collectibles.
|Image||Name||Location(s)||Amount per area||Respawn time|
|Coin||Beacon Boardwalk, Coconut Cove, The Sea Caves, Mt. Blizzard, Island Central, ??? ?????????, Penglantian Vault||38; 23 plus 3 treasure chests with 5 per chest (Beacon Boardwalk)||At midnight in PST|
|10 (Coconut Cove)|
|53; 13 plus 8 treasure chests with 5 per chest (The Sea Caves)|
|35 (Mt. Blizzard)|
|10 (Island Central)|
|18; 8 plus 2 treasure chests with 5 per chest (??? ?????????)|
|75; 5 plus 14 treasure chests with 5 per chest (Penglantian Vault)|
- Main article: Daily Challenges
- The following challenges involve collectibles.
|Name||Given by||Type||Description||Rewards||Member only?|
|Party Sub Favors||Solo||Find a treasure chest above the Party Submarine!||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Exchange Student||Solo||Go to the Exchange and learn about collectibles||30 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Paper Trail||Solo||Harvest all the confetti flowers in the Boardwalk||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Confetti Farmers||Community||Harvest 2,000 confetti flowers in the Boardwalk||50 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Go Nuts||Solo||Harvest all the coconuts at the Cove||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Plunges for Sponges||Solo||Collect 3 sponge clusters in the Sea Caves||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Deep Sea-crets||Solo||Collect 7 treasure chests in the Sea Caves||50 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Lurchin' for Urchins||Solo||Grab a crystal cluster guarded by sea urchins||50 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Split the Spoils||Community||Collect 5,000 treasure chests from the Sea Caves!||75 coins and 0 XP||No|
|Flower Power||Community||Harvest 2,000 confetti flowers at the Boardwalk for Penguin Day||75 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Cove Coin-noisseur||Solo||Collect all 10 coins in the Cove||30 coins and 40 XP||No|
|It's a Coin Walk||Solo||Collect all 10 coins in the Boardwalk||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Kelp Yourself Out||Solo||Collect all the seaweed in the Geyser Pool||30 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Coin Boing||Solo||Get all 15 coins above big trampoline on Mt. Blizzard's cliff||50 coins and 0 XP||No|
|Operation Whiteout||Solo||Protect the island from Herbert. Collect 6 snowflakes in Island Central||40 coins and 40 XP||No|
|Head in The Clouds||Solo||Collect a Rainbow Drop in Island Central||40 coins and 50 XP||No|
|Sky's The Limit||Solo||Collect 2 Rainbow Drops in a row in Island Central||50 coins and 50 XP||No|
|Color Coordinate||Community||Have 2+ penguins collect a Rainbow Drop at the same time||50 coins and 40 XP||No|
- According to loading screen messages, collectibles that are traded in are used for island projects; confetti flowers are harvested to make confetti, seashells are used for concrete and jewelry, and glowsticks come from neon crystals.
- When the amount of coins received for trading in collectibles is 999 or higher, The Exchange's counter is displayed as breaking. This was implemented as an Easter egg for extreme collectors.
- According to the Island News Blog, flour flowers are used as ingredients in pizza at Franky's, and wind chimes are created by melodies floating through the air.
- Although there are multiple colors of single crystals and wind chimes, they are counted as the same, and do not have a different coin exchange rate or between them.
- Unlike other collectibles, rainbow drops were invisible in-game, and were only visible briefly before being collected by using a rainbow geyser. However, if a player was playing on version 1.9.0, but the Rainbow Celebration was not present (either due to playing Leaky Landing or the event having ended), the drops would be visible in the sky, although there was no way of reaching them, as rainbow geysers only appeared if the event was present.
- When opening the chest at Pahtaitoh Island during the Pirate Expedition, or after being dunked 10 times in Island Central during the Summer Splashdown, a collectible named "Penglantis Chest One-Shot 315360000" was added to the player's collectibles. This collectible, when exchanged, yields one coin. Its icon is a pale green bar with rounded corners, which also appears in the top-right corner of a screen when obtaining a collectible, displaying the amount of that type of collectible the player owns.
Names in other languages
|French||Objets à collectionner|
|Spanish||Puesto de intercambio|
|Confetti flowers||Flores de Confete||Fleurs confettis||Flores de confeti|
|Coconuts||Cocos||Noix de coco||Cocos|
|Sea sponges||Esponjas Marinhas||Éponges de mer||Esponjas de mar|
|Ice crystals||Cristais de Gelo||Cristaux de Glace||Cristales de Hielo|
|Flour Flower||Flor de farinha||Fleur de farine||Flor de harina|
|Wind Chime||Mensageiro dos ventos||Carillon à vent||Móvil de viento|
|Crystal Snowflake||Floco de Neve de Cristal||Flocon de cristal||Copo de nieve de cristal|
|Rainbow drops||Gotas multicores||Gouttes d'arc-en-ciel||Gotas arcoíris|
Notes and references