This article is about something that is no longer active in the Club Penguin universe.
|Where||At the Town Center|
|Opened||August 22, 2005|
|Renovated||August 30, 2012|
|Closed||March 30, 2017|
|Mini-games|| Bean Counters|
The Coffee Shop was a small cafe restaurant located in the Town Center. The first story of the Coffee Shop had plush red couches, tables, a serving counter, and other decor. Players could've also played the minigames, such as Bean Counters, by walking on the top of the Java bean bags, and Smoothie Smash, by walking over to the Smoothie Counter. The second floor of the building, which could've been accessed by a staircase, was the headquarters of the Club Penguin Times. Mancala could've been played here, and Penguin Art could have been viewed. The Coffee Shop was one of the oldest rooms in Club Penguin.
- During the Valentine's Day Celebration, there was a banner in the wall that said "Happy Valentine's Day!"
- During the April Fools' Party 2006, the Coffee Shop wasn't decorated, only being darker (same as in the Town and Book Room).
- During Sports Party, it was domain of the Red Team. There was a bunch of balloons.
- During the 1st Anniversary Party, there was a cake to celebrate Club Penguin's first year since it launched. There was also a blue and green garland that represented the 1st Year Party Hat colors.
- During the Halloween Party 2006, there was an orange and black garland on the wall. There were also portraits of some penguins and there was a bowl of candy on a table.
- During the Christmas Party 2006, there was a Christmas wreath. There were also some presents and there was a Chanukiah (Jewish candle holder) to celebrate Hannukah.
- Oddly, the official name of the party was the Christmas Party 2006 and there was a Hannukah reference in this room which Jewish people celebrate Hannukah and Christians celebrate Christmas.
- During the Winter Fiesta 2007, there were many cactus plants over here, a piñata (game to break a container made of paper filled with candy or small toys inside), a garland and 2 bowls of nachos and salsa on the Coffee counter.
- During the St. Patrick's Day Party 2007, the room was green and there were clover couches also. The running gag returned were the room didn't turn green completely.
- During the April Fools' Party 2007, there were two boxes. One box could teleport you to the Beacon and you could add or remove a wig in the other box.
- During the Pirate Party 2007, there were many Cream Soda Barrels. There was also a treasure chest, an anchor and some fruits on a barrel.
- During the Summer Kickoff Party, there were many surfboards and palm trees around here. There were also some lanterns hanging in the wall and the floor was different.
- During the Water Party 2007, there was an inflatable crab, an inflatable pool in the middle and a slushie maker in the coffee counter. There were also water couches here. You could obtain the Umbrella Hat here.
- During the 2nd Anniversary Party, there was a new cake to celebrate Club Penguin's 2nd year. There were many balloons here and a yellow and orange garland to represent the 2nd Year Party Hat colors. There was also a table with a Cream Soda Barrel, some dishes and a slice of cake.
- During the Halloween Party 2007, there were many pumpkins here. The text of the window was removed and it was replaced by a ghost shadow. There were also many portraits of penguins and a bowl of candy on a table.
- The interior of the Coffee Shop during the Winter Fiesta 2008 looked like the inside of a Mexican seaside villa.
- The Coffee Shop was called Mermaid's Coffee during the Submarine Party.
- During the St. Patrick's Day Party 2008, the room was green. The running gag returned were the room wasn't green completely.
- During April Fools' Party 2008, the Coffee Shop turned into a crayon drawing.
- On the Rockhopper's Arrival Party, the room transformed into a pirate coffee shop. There were many cream soda barrels around here.
- During the Medieval Party 2008, the Coffee Shop looked like a royal feast.
- During the Water Party 2008, the inflatable crab returned from last year and some decorations from the Summer Kickoff Party and Water Party 2007 were used.
- During the Music Jam 2008, the Coffee Shop had an open microphone poetry corner. There was also a garland, a poster of a penguin singing and a poster of the Penguin Band. The room darkened and the text from the window was removed and replaced by some musical notes.
- During the Penguin Games, it was the domain room of Red Team. Some decorations from the Sports Party were being used for this party like the garland.
- During the Fall Fair 2008, the room turned very colorful. At the coffee counter there were many donuts and candy apples. The wall was white with confetti everywhere. The couches were replaced by benches and there was a machine to make Cotton Candy.
- During Club Penguin's 3rd Anniversary Party you change the message on the board to cake and ice-cream. There was also a cake over there and the Wish-Maker 3000 marked its first and only appearance. There were blue and yellow garlands possibly to represent the release of the Yellow Puffles. There were also many desserts on the coffee counter and you could obtain the Ice Cream Apron and the 3rd Year Party Hat.
- During the Halloween Party 2008, the room darkened and there were many pumpkins around. There was a cauldron on the coffee counter, some portraits of penguins and a bowl of candy on a table.
- During the Christmas Party 2008, the room darkened a bit. There was a fireplace with many Christmas Trees around. There were also Christmas Lights and Christmas Garlands around here. There were pillows to sit to watch the fireplace and a Chanukiah (Jewish candle holder) to celebrate Hannukah.
- Oddly, the official name of the party was the Christmas Party 2008 and there was a Hannukah reference in this room which Jewish people celebrate Hannukah and Christians celebrate Christmas.
- During the Winter Fiesta 2009, it was decorated the same as last year.
- During the St. Patrick's Day Party 2009, it was decorated green except for one beige patch at the left, which had a bucket full of old shamrock hats. This is a running gag in the St. Patrick's Day parties. There were also clover couches.
- During the April Fools' Party 2009, there was a bunch of balloons and red and white garlands in the wall. There was also a box portal that teleported you to the Beacon.
- During the Medieval Party 2009, it was decorated the same as last year. It was a royal feast and a fireplace with a portrait of a king and an orange shield.
- During the construction of the Music Jam 2009, there was a big stage under construction. There were also buckets of blue paint, a table with blueprints and another table for coffee breaks. The couch was moved to the bottom right corner of the room.
- During the Music Jam 2009, it was a blue, with strobe lighting and a picture of a Rock Legend.
- During The Fair 2009, it was decorated the same as last year with a new addition to this room. There were donuts and candy apples on the coffee counter and the room was very colorful. The couches were replaced with benches and a candy apple was on the floor. There was also a machine to make cotton candy and a neon sign was pointing at the Java Bag to play Bean Counters.
- During Sensei's Fire Scavenger Hunt, the window showed an orange sky.
- During the 4th Anniversary Party, there was a cake to celebrate 4 years since Club Penguin launched. There was also a banner that said "Happy 4th Anniversary" and there was a fire extinguisher over there. There was also a table with cupcakes and a Cream Soda Barrel and other desserts on the coffee counter. Also, there were blue and purple garlands to represent the 4th Year Party Hat and the Blue and Purple Puffles.
- At the Halloween Party 2009, Night of the Living Sled was displayed on a black and white screen in front of the window. The room also darkened and there were many pumpkins around here. There was a cauldron on the coffee counter, some portraits of some penguins and a bowl of candy on a table.
- During Holiday Party 2009, the Coffee Shop looked very festive. There was a train track on the top of the room and there were also many Christmas Lights. There were also some presents and some giant candy canes.
- During the Music Jam 2011, the shop had a stage which had a piano and drum kit on it. Also, if one pressed a button, streamers would fly into the air. Also at the party, there were more stylish seats, and a coat room booth.
- During the Halloween Party 2011 and 6th Anniversary Party, the window was replaced by a TV, or screen. The cake was there, and the sign on the wall was changed to 'HAPPY HALLOWEEN!' or, if you clicked it, 'BOO!'. There were also pumpkins around the place.
- During the Card-Jitsu Party 2011, the seats were replaced by cushions on the ground. There was a Card-Jitsu mat near the left wall, and the floor, Book Room stairs, and door were all made of bamboo. Also at the party, the java bags were replaced by bags saying 'RICE', and there were lanterns hung around the shop.
- At the Holiday Party 2011, a train ran on a track which ran around the top of the shop. There was a huge candy cane near the door, and the lamp hanging above the Book Room stairs was an elf hat.
- During the Medieval Party 2012, there were 2 tables, 4 benches,a fireplace with a yellow shield and king picture candles, a chain instead of lights and a piano plus a desk and it now serves cream soda and orange juice.
- During the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, there was press conference and a sign to the Book Room and stacks of newspapers beside.
- During the Make Your Mark: Ultimate Jam, a jazz stage was put in the Coffee Shop and was given a 'jazzy' look.
- During the Adventure Party: Temple of Fruit, the room was given a more modern look, and the Smoothie Smash game was added. The decoration for the room was added in the middle of the party, and the shop will remain that way permanently.
- At the Halloween Party 2012, "Night of the Living Sled" was played here.
- At the Holiday Party 2012, some objects in the room were re-colored and there was a coin counter that calculated all the coins given to Coins For Change.
- During the Hollywood Party, the store was given a more modernish look, with 6 armchairs, 2 stools, 2 normal chairs, a sofa and 5 tables. The floor was covered with carpets and the lights were blue.
- During Red Nose Day, the area near the counter had a stage which had a chair, a microphone and glass of water. Next to it was a stand selling the Red Nose. 3 Additional stools were added beside the stage.
- During Card-Jitsu Party 2013, the Coffee Shop was re-decorated with a lighter shade of red and multiple Japanese decorations (lamps, Bonsai trees and sitting cushions). Along with that they gave turned the Java bag to a rice bag and put tea signs instead of Coffee ones.
- During the Monsters University Takeover, the Coffee Shop was given a slower version of the actual background song.
- During the Medieval Party 2013, the shop was given a medieval look. It had a round wooden table with 8 wooden chairs, two royal thrones with a table of gold coins. Few plants and trees grew inside too.
- During the 8th Anniversary Party, it was turned into a museum.
- During the Holiday Party 2013, it was decorated the same way as the Holiday Party 2012.
- During the Muppets World Tour, The Twelfth Fish music could be heard here. You could also obtain the Pinata Pin.
- During the Puffle Party 2014, it was decorated as a Bakery. It kept some similar characteristics from the Dance Lounge during the Puffle Party 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- During the Future Party, it is revealed that in the future, there will be a stage on the futuristic Coffee Shop. There are also robot waiters serving pizzas, and a robot chef serving sushi.
- During the 9th Anniversary Party, some balloons and streamers were hung. A carpet lead to a large table with a cake shaped like a 9.
- During the Merry Walrus Party, it had a similar look as the Holiday Party 2013, except lots of things were recolored blue instead of red, the wood floor was designed to look like ice, and some Merry Walrus Garland was hung over the window.
- During the SoundStudio Party, it was decorated the same way as the Hollywood Party.
- During the Puffle Party 2015, it was decorated the same way as last year.
- During the 10th Anniversary Party, the Coffee Shop was decorated exclusively for the anniversary. The seating and table by the door was removed in favor of the large anniversary cake, positioned on a blue pedestal. There were banners and balloons colored in blue, yellow, and white, and a blue carpeting stretched from the the north wall of the room to the south, forming a number 10. On the 10 shaped carpet there was a table with slices of cake and drinks, and a table with the 10th Anniversary Hat and the yearbook.
- During the Halloween Party 2015, the giant cake was eaten, some jack-o-lanterns were placed, the 1 shaped table sunk into the 10 shaped carpet a bit, the yearbook and hat were removed, and a cup of decaf coffee was added. On October 28, after Rookie Bot tells you about the drilling sounds in the Coffee Shop, the 1 and 0 shaped tables were removed, and the carpet was folded up, revealing an entrance to Herbert's Halloween Lair.
- Mancala was located on the first floor of the Coffee Shop during the first two beta testing days, and was then moved to the Book Room.
- Originally, there was going to be a pool game playable in the Coffee Shop, but it was not implemented due to lack of time.
- It is featured on the COFFEE SHOP Card-Jitsu card.
- Both the first and final pins of Club Penguin, the Shamrock Pin and the Community Pin, were hidden in this room.
Names in other languages
Iceberg (2010 and 2011 April Fools' Parties)
|Beacon (April Fools' Party 2009)||Herbert's Halloween Lair (Halloween Party 2015)||Book Room|