|Where||The top story of the Coffee Shop|
|Opened|| August 22, 2005, |
(Beta Testing only)
October 24, 2005
|Renovated||June 14, 2012|
|Mini-Games|| Mancala |
Paint By Letters (formerly)
The Book Room is a room in the Town Center, which is located at the top story of the Coffee Shop. Penguins can play Mancala here, and read books from the Book Shelf. In June 2012, The Book Room changed its design to the Club Penguin Times Office for the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, and was kept after the party ended. It is one of the oldest rooms in Club Penguin. It is also the office of the Club Penguin Times, as of June 14, 2012.
Parties and Events
- During the Summer Kickoff Party 2007, the Straw 3000 was in the Book Room.
- During the Submarine Party 2008, the Book Room looked like an underwater building.
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, the entire Book Room looked like a crayon drawing.
- On June 20, 2008 there was an earthquake in the whole Town Center. The Book Room was damaged. There were cracks on the walls, books on the floor, the Mancala tables and game sets fell.
- During the Penguin Games, a Mancala tournament between the Red and Blue teams was held here.
- During the Halloween Party 2008, the secret lab was located here. Click on the candle and you need a rad scientist costume available in the Penguin Style Catalog October '08.
- During the Christmas Party 2008, there were three Christmas books not located in the Library, but on a table. The books were "A Penguin Christmas Carol", "Christmas on Rockhopper Island, and "Puffle Pal Adventures: Music Makes Magic". They were removed when the Christmas party ended.
- During the Holiday Party 2009, you could take pictures with Santa here.
- During the Medieval Parties the Book Room was decorated like a medieval times library.
- At the 5th Anniversary Party, the Penguin Art was added to the book room.
- During Halloween Party 2010, the book room was dark, and pumpkins used to light the room.
- During Holiday Party 2010, you could take pictures with Santa on a big chair which was placed in the center of the room, and the traditional Exclusive Books were found on a round table.
- During Medieval Party 2011, the Book Room turned into a medieval library, with old books, scrolls, and a carpet, that looks the same as the Celtic Rug.
- During Halloween Party 2011, the book room was dark, and pumpkins used to light the room.
- During the 6th Anniversary Party, the room was the same as it looked during the Halloween party, but it was decorated with balloons that matches the party hat, and one of the pumpkins "wore" the hat. All the Yearbooks were shown on a curved table.
- During the Medieval Party 2012, the Book Room had the bookcase but, it was larger than the usual's size. They took out the hand rails and balcony off the staircase. The staircase is turned into a hallway for this party. In the inner perimeter of the room there's a giant Medieval rug. Notice on the top of the bookcase, there's two giant books that are being hold up by a Scorn Statue holding a Yellow Shield. There is two desks that in the room one has a feather with ink and a book and a stool you can sit on. The other desk has exactly the same writing but the only difference are book cover colors. There is a big chair similar to the Royal Throne Chair, with a vase with large scrolls in it. The room is lit up by two candlelit Chandeliers.
- During Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, the Book Room was decorated as the HQ for the Club Penguin Times. It had the paper printing machine, an office for the editor, Aunt Arctic, a reception hall and a waiting room. This change is permanent.
- Sun pin
- Pencil pin
- Pyramid Pin
- Rockhopper's Key Pin
- Safari Hat Pin
- Padlock Pin
- Cream Soda Barrel Pin
- Fair Ticket Pin
- White Puffle Pin
- Stereo Pin
- Cake Pin
- Fluffy Crest Pin
- Scout Scarf Pin
- Pi Pie Pin
- The Book Shelf in the Book Room is being updated at least once a year when a new Yearbook is published.
- It is possible to play one game in the Book Room: Mancala. Also, a former game here was Paint By Letters.
- The Book Room is also known as the Library or the Club Penguin Times Office.
- It is rarely decorated for parties, mostly only being decorated during Anniversary Parties.
- During the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012, the Book Room was the Club Penguin Times Office. This was a permanent change after the party.
- The Paint by Letters books were removed as the Marvel Super Hero Takeover 2012 started. This was because the game was not very popular and the Club Penguin Team said that not many penguins played the game.
- During the 3rd Anniversary Party, there were two Mancala boards missing.
- Many furniture items were featured in the book room in the old design like Modern Art, Book Room Lamp and Small Cactus.
- On a coat hanger behind the desk, there's a pink toque, most likely to be a spare of Aunt Arctic's Hat.
- The large desk is confirmed to be Aunt Arctic's in a recent newspaper.
- When you stand on one of the chairs at the press machine, the newspapers move on a conveyor belt.
- The Club Penguin Times issues are written, made, and printed here and shipped out to every penguin on the island every Thursday. Before June 14, 2012, the office for the Club Penguin Times was an igloo with a water cooler, computers, and a room for Aunt Arctic's office. The original office is still used as Aunt Arctic's igloo.
- Its swf name is book.
- Despite there being a conveyor belt delivering newspapers, you cannot see the belt from outside the Coffee Shop.
Names in other languages
|Book Shelf, Secret Labratory (Halloween Party 2008)|