This article is about something that is no longer active in the Club Penguin universe.
|Club Penguin App|
|Released|| May 9, 2013 (iPad),|
April 16, 2014 (iPhone and iPod),
December 18, 2014 (Android devices)
|Latest version|| 1.6.23 (iOS),|
|Supported Devices||iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, and Android devices|
- For the reboot of the game, see Club Penguin Island.
The Club Penguin App (formerly known as My Penguin) was a free mobile application for Club Penguin, fully released on May 9, 2013 for Apple devices and December 18, 2014 for Android devices. The app was compatible with any of the aforementioned brands with operating systems of either iOS 7 or Android 4.0.3 and above. In addition to being released for iPads on May 9, 2013, the app was available to download for iPhone and iPod on April 16, 2014.
Users of the app could choose to play in several different languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Russian, most of which are available in the regular version for Club Penguin as well.
As informed by a parents update email, the app was removed from the App Store and Google Play on February 27, 2017, a month and two days preceding the discontinuation of the desktop version of Club Penguin.
Any users who had the app downloaded can still launch it, but the game will not work and it essentially just takes up storage. However, users will still receive notifications such as "Happy April Fools" or "Happy Independence Day" since the app is coded to give notifications on holidays even if the game is shut down.
|“||You can play mini games, adopt pet puffles, experience new parties, make friends, and more!||”|
— Club Penguin summarising the app
Both versions of the game offered a new art style towards Club Penguin; turning the traditional sprite artwork into a 3D model which was used by penguins and puffles. In addition, they both allowed you to play most of the games from the desktop version (however on Android the game does not host Card-Jitsu Snow).
- Edit Penguin: Can edit your penguin's clothing.
- Buddy List: Brings up your Buddy List, and allows you to throw a snowball at your friends. You can also accept or deny friend requests through the app.
- Penguin Style: Can buy clothes from a Penguin Style catalog, including mobile exclusive items.
- Blog: Can read the latest posts from the What's New Blog.
- Videos: Can watch the latest videos from Club Penguin's YouTube channel. Was removed in version 1.2.
- Games: Can play Club Penguin minigames such as Puffle Rescue, Puffle Roundup, Ice Fishing, Pufflescape, Sushi Drop, Card-Jitsu Snow, Jetpack Boost, Bean Counters, Pizzatron 3000, and Smoothie Smash.
- 3D artwork: A new type of penguin sprite was shown in WaddleOn Episode 6, and in the corner a small print stated "My Penguin footage shown." This sprite is seen when waddling around in igloos. It took the team one year to make every single item in 3D.
- Igloos: Can edit and visit other igloos.
- Rooms: Can visit rooms on the island such as the Town Center, Coffee Shop, Dance Club, Clothes Shop, Dock, Beach, Lighthouse, Beacon, Snow Forts, Pizza Parlor, Skatepark, and Mine Shack.
- Jump to Friend: Can Jump to Friends by clicking on their player card and then clicking on a little curvy white arrow.
- Main article: List of Mobile Exclusive Clothing
|List of Countries|
GlitchesThese are glitches found in the different versions of the app. Unless otherwise stated, each glitch has NOT been fixed.
- Some of the item files have not been added to the game.
- The Amulet does not show your Card-Jitsu status.
- When you edit your player card, the items appear but your penguin does not.
- Sometimes if you try to throw a snowball it would not work.
- Sometimes your Buddy List would not work right.
- There was a glitch where you could get 1,000,000 coins on Club Penguin using the app. This link shows how.
- There was a white gap in the shape of a stripe between the MEMBER Badge and the stripes.
- In the Penguin Style and Better Igloos catalog, you cannot get the secret items.
- In version 1.1, the member icon doesn't show up on your player card.
- If you go to an igloo, it lets you say numbers and special characters which you can't use online (like @, #, ^, %, -, etc.)
- Many new items like the Yellow Hoodie (unlockable Version) and an old item, the Fish Dog Vendor Pouch is invisible in-game.
- Sometimes when you change your outfit, it does not change.
- If you enter to any room and tap anywhere very shortly after you entered, your penguin will go to this place very quickly.
- When loading clothing items in game, the penguin will turn blue, silver or pink.
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Optimized for iPhone 5.
Requires Android 4.0.3 or later.
|1.0||May 9, 2013||My Penguin App release.||44.0|
|1.1||June 6, 2013||Added Card-Jitsu Snow, more levels to Pufflescape and Puffle Rescue, and bug fixes.||37.3|
|1.1.1||June 21, 2013||Added new catalog items, fixed music/sound issues for Card-Jitsu Snow, improved stability for the app, and corrected localization errors.||37.4|
|1.2||August 29, 2013||Added 3D penguin avatar sprites, igloo editing, igloo visiting, Jetpack Boost and Bean Counters.||74.3|
|1.2.1||September 16, 2013||General stability fixes for friends and player cards, and igloo editor now displays quantity of items.||70.9|
|1.3||December 12, 2013||Added 4 new rooms Town Center, Coffee Shop, Dance Club and Clothes Shop for penguins to waddle and play. Pizzatron 3000 and Smoothie Smash were also added to play.||76.9|
|1.4||April 17, 2014||Blue Border Collie and Orange Tabby Cat were added along with the Plaza, Puffle Park, Pet Shop and Puffle Hotel. The iPhone and iPod Touch versions of the app were released.||80.9|
|1.4.1||May 8, 2014||Bug Fixes and Improvements||80.6|
|1.5||August 21, 2014||Introduction of parties (Frozen Party)||81.3|
|1.5.2||October 24, 2014||Updated for Halloween Party 2014||81.9|
|1.5.4||December 18, 2014||Updated for Merry Walrus Party||81.6|
|1.6||January 9, 2015||Minor bug fixes and optimized performance||91.9|
|1.6.2||January 22, 2015||Fixed a bug with the end screens for all mini-games, fixed a broken link on the membership screen, additional minor bug fixes and improvements.||92.2|
|1.6.4||March 11, 2015||Fixed a bug with the end screens for all mini-games, fixed a broken link on the Membership screen, additional minor bug fixes and improvements.||90.8|
|1.6.5||April 23, 2015||Updated for Frozen Fever Party 2015, additional bug fixes and improvements.||91.5|
|1.6.6||May 21, 2015||Updated for Rainbow Puffle Party||91.6|
|1.6.7||June 30, 2015||Unknown||84.2|
|1.6.8||July 20, 2015||Updated for Inside Out Party||88.3|
|1.6.9||August 24, 2015||Updated for Fashion Festival||86.3|
|1.6.10||September 14, 2015||Updated for Descendants Party||83.3|
|1.6.11||October 19, 2015||Updated for Halloween Party 2015||83.9|
|1.6.12||November 16, 2015||Updated for Operation: Crustacean||85.2|
|1.6.13||December 14, 2015||Updated for Holiday Party 2015||85.0|
|1.6.14||January 19, 2016||Updated for Prehistoric Party 2016||86.0|
|1.6.15||February 9, 2016||Updated for Operation: Tri-umph||85.3|
|1.6.16||March 15, 2016||Updated for Puffle Party 2016||83.9|
|1.6.17||April 28, 2016||Unknown||80.1|
|1.6.18||May 24, 2016||Updated for Zootopia Party||86.7|
|1.6.19||July 15, 2016||Updated for Finding Dory Party||85.5|
|1.6.20||September 7, 2016||Updated for Frozen Fever Party 2016||101|
|1.6.21||October 4, 2016||Updated for Halloween Party 2016||102|
|1.6.22||November 4, 2016||Updated for Music Jam 2016||102|
|1.6.23||December 13, 2016||Updated for Holiday Party 2016||102|
|1.6||December 18, 2014||First version available on Android devices||192|
|1.6.1||January 9, 2015||Minor bug fixes and optimized performance||192|
|1.6.2||January 21, 2015||Fixed a bug with the end screens for all mini-games, fixed a broken link on the membership screen, additional minor bug fixes and improvements.||75|
|1.6.3||January 23, 2015||Unknown||193|
|1.6.4||March 6, 2015||Minor bug fixes and optimized performance.||193|
|1.6.5||April 23, 2015||Updated for Frozen Fever Party 2015, additional bug fixes and improvements.||193|
|1.6.6||May 21, 2015||Updated for Rainbow Puffle Party||194|
|1.6.7||June 30, 2015||New interface||188|
|1.6.8||July 20, 2015||Updated for Inside Out Party||192|
|1.6.9||August 24, 2015||Updated for Fashion Festival||190|
|1.6.10||September 14, 2015||Updated for Descendants Party||185|
|1.6.11||October 19, 2015||Updated for Halloween Party 2015||185|
|1.6.12||November 16, 2015||Updated for Operation: Crustacean||187|
|1.6.13||December 16, 2015||Updated for Holiday Party 2015||186|
|1.6.14||January 19, 2016||Updated for Prehistoric Party 2016||187|
|1.6.15||February 9, 2016||Updated for Operation: Tri-umph||187|
|1.6.16||March 15, 2016||Updated for Puffle Party 2016||185|
|1.6.17||April 28, 2016||Unknown||171|
|1.6.18||May 24, 2016||Updated for Zootopia Party||188|
|1.6.19||July 14, 2016||Updated for Finding Dory Party||187|
|1.6.20||September 7, 2016||Updated for Frozen Fever Party 2016||186|
|1.6.21||October 4, 2016||Updated for Halloween Party 2016||186|
|1.6.22||November 4, 2016||Updated for Music Jam 2016||172|
|1.6.23||December 12, 2016||Updated for Holiday Party 2016||172|
- When you played a game, you could earn coins, which were synced with your penguin.
- If you had a friend playing this app, they would appear online in your friends list as "Mobile" on the desktop version of the game.
- It was confirmed by Spike Hike that it would be only for the iPad at first, but it would be available for other smartphones soon.
- Playing games would grant the player a sushi for a turn in the game, Sushi Drop. The player could collect coins depending on where the sushi ends up, and rarely, an item.
- The app reached very high spots on the app charts reaching #1 in Canada, #2 in the UK and USA.
- Unused files were found inside the app's code, including code for "Gift Cards", "Messages", a "News Feed", and even a color. Many different unused languages were also found.
- Oddly, you could remove mascots you became friends with on your Buddy List from this app.
- The person behind the hit apps Where's My Water? and Where's My Perry? is the head of the mobile team who created this app.
- The new penguin model used in this app was first shown in WaddleOn Episode 6.
- This was confirmed in a blog post by Spike Hike on August 19, 2013.
- The song Party In My Iggy was released for the 1.2 update.
- Server Jumping was launched on an update for this app, confirmed by Spike Hike, though it is called Jump to Friend, because the app does not have servers.
- Puffles were first added in the version 1.4 update.
- If you threw a snowball in a room where the snowball changes to something else, such as a water balloon or food, the snowball will not change.
- The Android version did not have Card-Jitsu Snow.
- This app was in development since December 2012.
- On December 25, 2014 at 3pm PST, there were more players online on the app than the website for the first time ever.
- Its servers went offline on March 30, 2017, along with the desktop version.
- Main article: My Penguin Release Party
- Main article: Club Penguin App/Music
- Main article: Club Penguin App/Gallery
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 What's Coming in December 2014
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20161207005340if_/https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/club-penguin/id505544063?mt=8
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20170204211147if_/https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.cpcompanion_goo
- ↑ What Apple devices can I play the Club Penguin app on?
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Can I play the Club Penguin App on my Android device?
- ↑ File:Club Penguin Closure Email 2017.png
- ↑ My Penguin App Files Give Hints Of What’s To Come
- ↑ Club Penguin Removes Puffle Launch from the App Store comment
- ↑ VIDEO: New My Penguin Avatar Sneak Peek!
- ↑ Club Penguin’s Spike Hike Answers Your Questions!
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SpikeHikeCP/status/548261679612444673
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SpikeHikeCP/status/548261279538741248
- iPhone and iPod Touch version confirmation
- Android version confirmation
- Android version launching date confirmation