Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Minigame location|| Dojo|
Igloos (with Card-Jitsu Mat)
Formerly Ninja Hideout
|Date released||November 17, 2008|
- For a list of cards, click here. For a list of power cards, click here. For a guide for the game, see tactics guide. For the other games in the series, see Card-Jitsu (disambiguation).
Card-Jitsu is a card game played in the Dojo, Member Igloos and formerly, the Ninja Hideout. To get there, players need to go to the Dojo Courtyard, which is accessible via the map and enter through doors.
According to the Belts Legend, belts are earned faster if players use the "Earn Your Belts" mode instead of playing on a mat. The belts rank from white belt to black belt (excluding the rank of ninja).
Member penguins can now buy Card-Jitsu mats in the ninja catalog. A Card-Jitsu mat allows penguins to play Card-Jitsu in a member igloo.
|Grasshopper stamp||Begin your journey. Earn your white belt.|
|Elemental Win stamp||Win a match with three different elements.|
|Fine Student stamp||Reach halfway. Earn your blue belt.|
|Flawless Victory stamp||Win without letting your opponent gain any cards.|
|One Element stamp||Win a match with three cards of the same element.|
|True Ninjas stamp||Prove your ninja skills. Earn your black belt.|
|Ninja Master stamp||Defeat Sensei and become a ninja.|
|Match Master stamp||Win 25 matches.|
|Sensei Card stamp||See the Sensei Power Card.|
|Full Dojo stamp||Score 9 cards before you win.|
Once players have the cards from the Sensei, go to a mat, or talk to the Sensei and select Earn your belts (as mentioned before, earn your belts mode is recommended as you get new belts quicker doing it). If they use a mat, they will have to wait for another player to come and play with them, which might take a while. If no one comes to your mat, switch to a busier server, or a match can also be found in under 10 seconds by speaking to the Sensei via Earn your belts Mode.
The aim of the game is to beat opponents by collecting sets of winning Card-Jitsu cards. Only certain cards will beat others, via the form of Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Once players have an opponent, they will be taken to the arena, and will bow to each other. They then have 20 seconds to choose a card. If they fail to choose a card, one will automatically be selected after 20 seconds. Once both players have chosen a card, they are revealed. Then the winner keeps the card to help make a set.
- Fire beats Snow
- Snow beats Water
- Water beats Fire
However, in the event of similar types of cards being drawn, the card with the highest number wins. If the numbers also match, then no-one wins that round.
WinningThere are three ways to win Card-Jitsu. First, players can have the same type of card (such as Snow, Water or Fire), but three in different colors, such as Red, Blue, Green, etc. Alternatively, you can have one of each card, in different colors. And also if you play a power card with a "No Snow", "No Fire" or "No Water" until the next round, while the opponent player has all of that element and cannot place a card, thus automatically makes you the winner.
You can also see how to win by mousing over the question mark "?" in a game.
- There's a glitch where the loading loads for a long time and shows your name and nothing else.
- There is a glitch that turns you into Dark Black.
When players win a round, your penguin might perform an action. They are as follows:
- Snow: The player's penguin hits the opponent with a snowball.
- Water: The player's penguin hits the opponent with a water balloon.
- Fire: The player's penguin squirts hot sauce at the other penguin's feet.
- Power Cards: What power cards do is decided by which power card it is. (See List of Card-Jitsu Power Cards)
- For a list of cards and its special effects see Card-Jitsu Cards.
After playing a certain number of games, players are rewarded with a belt. When they reach black, they must fight Sensei and earn their mask.
- Main article: Card-Jitsu/Tactics Guide
- Use Logic to try to beat your opponents. For example, if a player has one Fire-type and one Snow-type card, they would probably use a water-type card so you should use a snow type card. But if the penguin who is fighting with you is a high belt penguin, they know if they choose water and you choose snow you would win. So they choose Fire-type card to defeat your snow. This way it is better to choose a water-type card.
- When fighting Sensei use Fire and Water back and forth to win easier. It won't always work but it will eventually. And if you do not have a water/fire card just use the same element you did last time, but don't use snow.
- Most players of Card-Jitsu have developed "special techniques" to help them win almost every game. These tactics can vary from their starter card, to the last card, or which cards to playing a difficult situation.
- Predicting your opponent's next move will help you greatly when playing Card-Jitsu. If they also predict your move, this is known as a "double-bluff", and can sometimes backfire onto you.
- Typically you have a 1 and a half chance in winning a round. These chances increase under certain circumstances.
- If you are a person with a high belt (brown, black etc.) and the person you are playing is or almost is the same belt as you, and you for example have two snow but no fire or water. It would be safe to pick a high snow because the other person thinks you will try to trick them, so they think it would be safe to pick water.
- Most players try to win by getting a snow, fire, and water. Try to win by getting a three-of-a-kind.
- A common method is to use 2 cards of a certain element. For an example, if they have 2 fire cards, they expect you to use water. You will have to use fire yourself. If you're the one tricking, double-fool them by using water.
- Pick high numbered cards so if you have the same element as the opponent, you can win, but pick a low numbered card when someone picks one of the three starter pack power cards.
- One technique is the backwards technique. This technique works when you're fighting high-belts and low. It works by picking your highest card at the time. For example, say it is snow. Then you pick the card that would lose to that (water). If they are the same color, move onto the next one (fire). If it is the same color keep the cycle (snow water fire). This sometimes works better for the belts in the middle (green, blue, red) better than high belts.
- Main article: Card-Jitsu Series
- Main article: Card-Jitsu Fire
Card-Jitsu Fire is a spin-off of Card-Jitsu, heavily revolving around the fire element. It's actually held in the Volcano. Only Ninjas that have the Amulet can play the game. Card-Jitsu Fire is only multiplayer, with a maximum of 4 players at once. When you first talk to Sensei in the room, he will give you a pack of 10 cards; the Fire Pack. You can use these cards in all of the Card-Jitsu games. Instead of belts, you have a suit that you unlock item by item, starting with shoes up to the head. When you get all of the items you have to beat Sensei to earn a fire gem on your Amulet.
- Main article: Card-Jitsu Water
Card-Jitsu Water was released on the 24th of November 2010. On Card-Jitsu Water, you must move from the end of the waterfall by throwing the correct element that beats the other element to get to the next platform. It's located in one of the secret doors, like Card-Jitsu Fire, so only Penguins with the Amulet can get to the room. Instead of belts, you have a suit that you unlock item by item, starting with shoes up to the head. When you get all of the items you have to beat Sensei. This is the same with Card-Jitsu Fire, but most players find that the Card-Jitsu Fire is easier to play since it does not lag. This game is only multiplayer from 2-4 players. When you first talk to Sensei in the room, he will give you a pack of 10 cards; the Water Pack. You can use these cards in all of Card-Jitsu games. It is heavily based off the elements and which defeat which.
Although Card-Jitsu Water might seem harder, there is a panel at the top now. It is best to choose Lowest Graphics Mode because then it won't lag. This makes it easier to win.
- Main article: Card-Jitsu Snow
Card-Jitsu Snow is the newest game in the series of Card-Jitsu. It was released on May 23, 2013 as confirmed by Spike Hike and Polo Field on Twitter. It was the first game to beta tested. Beta Testing began on February 28, 2013 and ended on April 11 2013. It was finally released on May 23. You Have to battle Snow Minions in order to win. This is the first game in which you team up with other ninjas to battle bigger threats unlike other three games in the series. There are three rounds. You have to win all three rounds to win or to enter the bonus round if you fulfill the requirements (every ninja must have full health; you must complete the three sessions in the time limit; no are down). After you earn the Snow Gem you can battle Tusk with Sensei. After that you can earn even more snow-themed items.
- Card-Jitsu was Rsnail's last big project before leaving Club Penguin.
- In issue #160 of the Club Penguin Times, if you clicked the letters N, I, and N in the word Lightning, the letter J in Dojo, and the letter A in Damaged (this spells NINJA), a stone tablet would appear saying: "fire, water, snow the triangle of power your journey's first step".
- According to Rsnail, Card-Jitsu was born from his desire to make a rock-paper-scissors game. Originally, this was going to be a pirate sword fighting game that would take place on The Migrator, but this was scrapped. After a meeting with employees of WizKids Games, Rsnail got the idea to make Card-Jitsu.
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Desafio Ninja||Ninja Challenge|
- Card-Jitsu Belts
- Card-Jitsu Instructions
- Card-Jitsu Menu
- Music of the game
- Video on how to become a ninja