A Club Penguin Private Server (more commonly abbreviated as a CPPS), is an online multiplayer game which is not part of Club Penguin, but uses Club Penguin .swf files, a database, and programming code in order to create an environment similar to Club Penguin. It is legal to play them, but it is illegal to host one if you make profit out of it. Previous popular CPPSes were shut down due to Disney approaching them and demanding that they either shut their CPPS down or they would be sued.
- CPPS' were orginally invented by Alex Rath (iRath) which was the creation of iCPv1, the first ever CPPS. The main members of it were iRath, Lofhy (Co Co), Andy, Pengocent, Stanley, Myles and Patrick (now known as Bane).
- This CPPS became iCPv2 which closed down due to high traffic.
- From this Charles and others from PCL developed iCPv3 meanwhile Flappi282 and friends started working on the OpenCP source.
- iCPv3 got over 300,000 users then was attacked by Legal issues off Club Penguin causing them to shutdown.
- After this the OpenCP source became public as well as other minor ones which caused others to make their own CPPSes.
- Get patched and unpatched items.
- Get coins without earning them.
- Look like mascots.
- Get exclusive colors.
- Get Treasure Book Items.
- Get year old or older items (not recent items).
- Swear/curse without getting banned. (Note:Not on all CPPS's).
- Type numbers and special characters.
- Custom Rooms
- Use member only features without paying for a membership.
- Get custom items. (In some CPPSes)
- Get Bait items.
Commands are specific text that start with an exclamation mark (!) or other special character, which, when said, trigger an action to modify the player's account. For example, commands are often used for obtaining clothing items and furniture. It also allows obtaining bait and unreleased items. Commands were originally from iCPv1 and / Commands were deterred from RealCP.
|!ac||Add money||!ac 5000|
|!af||Add furniture||!af 5|
|!ai/!add||Add items||!ai 413|
|!as||Add stamp||!as 88|
|!jr||Join room||!jr 820|
|!igloo||Add igloo||!igloo 19|
The following section includes some extra commands. They are not commom and are not available in all CPPS's.
|!up||Turn into a character||!up Rockhopper|
|!pin||Make any item into your pin||!pin 413|
|!addall or !all[source needed]||Adds all items (uncommon)|
|!id||Tells your penguin ID|