A Club Penguin Private Server (more commonly abbreviated/known as a CPPS), is an online multiplayer game that is not part of Club Penguin, however, it uses Club Penguin .swf files, a database, and programming code in order to create an environment similar to Club Penguin. Despite controversy, it is legal to play them.
- CPPS' were originally invented by Alex Rath (iRath) which was the creation of iCPv1, the first ever CPPS. The main members of it were iRath, Lofhy (Co Co), Andy, Stanley, Myles and Bane.
- This CPPS became iCPv2 which closed down due to high traffic.
- From this Charles and others from PCL developed iCPv3 meanwhile Flappi282 (now known as Jamie) and friends started working on the OpenCP source.
- iCPv3 had over 300,000 users registered before Club Penguin forced the servers to shutdown.
- Penguin Safari launched and became popular, then closed not long after, it was ran by Flappi282 and Bane.
- OpenCP source became public as well and other minor CPPS.
- Atlantic Penguin was the biggest and most popular CPPS, until it was closed on October 27, 2013.
- In April 2014, CPPS.me became the first CPPS to have one million users registered.
- Obtain any item.
- Get coins without earning them.
- Look like mascots.
- Obtain custom items. (not on all CPPSes).
- Obtain Treasure Book items without codes.
- Swear/curse without getting banned (not on all CPPSes).
- Type numbers and special characters.
- Custom Rooms (not on all CPPSes).
- Use member only features without paying for a membership.
- Get bait items.
- Teleport to special rooms, like the Migrator.
- Talk in private chat (not on all CPPSes).
- Buy credits, play on snowball battle servers etc. (not on all CPPSes)
Currently open CPPSes
- Atlantic Penguin (closed by Disney)
- Oasis.PS (changed to mirai)
- Upv4 (changed to FreePengu.in)
- JayBird (now changed into a website)
Commands are specific text that start with an exclamation mark (!), forward slash (/), colon (:) or other special character, which, when said, trigger an action to modify the player's account. For example, commands are often used for obtaining clothing items and furniture. It also allows obtaining bait and unreleased items. Commands were originally from iCPv1 and / Commands were deterred from RealCP.
|!ac||Add money||!ac 5000|
|!af||Add furniture||!af 5|
|!ai/!add||Add items||!ai 413|
|!as||Add stamp||!as 88|
|!jr||Join room||!jr 820|
|!igloo||Add igloo||!igloo 19|
The following section includes some extra commands. They are not common and are not available in all CPPSes.
|!up||Turn into a character||!up Rockhopper|
|!pin||Make any item into your pin||!pin 413|
|!addall or !all||Adds all items (Taken down because it crashed the servers)|
|!id||Tells your penguin ID|
|!ap||Adds Puffle hats||!ap 98|
|!nickname||Gives you a new name until you relogin||!nickname Name|
|!scale||Sets penguin scale||!scale 200|
|!wow||Enables/Disabled Walking on Walls||!wow|
|!speed||Sets walking speed||!speed 200|
|!tp||Teleports to a penguin by name||!tp Name|